Fair day rate for a plumber

Options

Comments

• phill99
    phill99 Posts: 9,093 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    new_home_owner evidently knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing.
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
  • Tom_Jones
    Tom_Jones Posts: 1,562 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    phill99 wrote: »
    new_home_owner: its official: you're an idiot.

P R I C K is a better word
  • new_home_owner_3
    Options
    Tom_Jones wrote: »
    P R I C K is a better word

and i would have to be one of them to pay someone 40 pound per hour, someone said about car mechanics, i agree you can get ripped off, thats why i maintain and service my own cars.

I also carry out repairs and do my own diagnostics, if someone wants to go and pay 50 pound to have a diagostic reader give them a fault code there more fool them.

Ive got 2 vw's i bought a lead of ebay about 8 years ago and i got free fault finding software, ive also helped a lot of friends out with this as it works on quite a few cars.

A fool will easily be parted from their money, if im not willing to pay someone 40 pound per hour its my choice.

As for paying tax in fitting satellite dishes i would if i earned enough from it but its a hobby, i only fit them for friends.

your all probably in the building trade, the links where probably before the recession kicked in and the construction work as dried up big time since then.

im a idiot for not paying people 40 pound then great, ill keep my 40 pounds in the bank.

Its harsh but its reality people in the construction industry can no longer demand 40 pound per hour and if you think you can your not going to be very busy.

whats the betting all you people saying its the going rate are in the construction industry?

You lot make me laugh its like asking a footballer whether hes worth being paid 100's of thousands of pounds a week? its human nature that hes going to say he his, and its human nature the average man will say there overpaid.

I see the same thing happening here, but you lot have resulted in being abusive which i find quite funny.

What you all need to do is look in the mirror and say im worth 40 pound per hour, if you think your are give yourself a pat on the back.:rotfl::T

anyway im off for few days so ill leave you to stir :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::T

@phill99 dont cry little one, i know what things are worth and what im willing to pay.
  • new_home_owner_3
    Options
    So it is ok for you to get £25 per hour but it is not ok for somebody running a business ?.
    As for fitting satellite TV any dummy can do that.

yep im sure you would p!ss putting up a motorised satellite system, programming recievers, cams with network sharing.

just like any dummy can do a but of plumbing.
  • new_home_owner_3
    Options
    docmatt wrote: »
    You can still be cheeky and ask the builder if he will knock off the VAT for cash. Not all self employed people like to declare absolutely everything to Mr and Mrs HMRC ;)

:D how ironic
  • doodlesmum
    doodlesmum Posts: 363 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    yep im sure you would p!ss putting up a motorised satellite system, programming recievers, cams with network sharing.

just like any dummy can do a but of plumbing.

Plumbing is a skilled trade,you could plumb a whole house then could you ,or fix your own major leak if you had one :cool:.I am married to a plumber and you would be surprised the amount of jobs he has had to put right because some dummy thought they could do their own plumbing and completely screwed it up :rotfl:.

Will speak my mind because that"s how i am :D
  • docmatt
    docmatt Posts: 915 Forumite
    Options
    new_home_owner i've noticed on the previous page you posted at 2am and your posts above almost 1am.

You're unemployed aren't you? Most hard workers are in bed by 11pm for a hard days work the next morning.

It's not because you think £40 per hour is too high, it's because you are jealous of people earning that kind of money.;)

You carry on doing the odd aerial work and messing about diagnosing 20 year old Volkswagens on your front drive to get your beer money and rent and let us do our skilled proper work for what we want to charge.
  • nickj_2
    nickj_2 Posts: 7,052 Forumite
    Options
    and i would have to be one of them to pay someone 40 pound per hour, someone said about car mechanics, i agree you can get ripped off, thats why i maintain and service my own cars.

As for paying tax in fitting satellite dishes i would if i earned enough from it but its a hobby, i only fit them for friends.

will you be telling that to the taxman ,?

you don't seem to have a grasp on the concept of overheads , do you think that the garage and all it's tools , equipment etc are paid for by the fairies ?
  • heating-eng
    heating-eng Posts: 723 Forumite
    Options
    new_home_owner you sound like the kind of guy that you see on shamless. :money::eek:
    X British Gas engineer and X BG sales adviser.
    Please don,t let this put you off.
  • BaldPlumber
    BaldPlumber Posts: 145 Forumite
    Options

I would imagine most people could if they read the instructions. I doubt whether someone who can diagnose a boiler fault without the use of software would have too many problems.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure