🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

HSBC Changing all Bank accounts

Options

Comments

• ahai1
    ahai1 Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I only use it for day to day banking. I have moved a lot of my money to other places. The phone call must have cost you more.

Good on you for complaining it is the principle of the thing. They are selling shares. I would not buy as with this level of efficency I am sure they are in deeper then they would have been. I am keeping the 8 pence unless they ask for it back which is not very likely.

I just realised I got a phone call from them about the account you have to pay for after I changed my perferances. I was not supposed to be called up only sent emails.
    SimonM wrote: »
    Yes, I got paid Credit Interest today, and phoned up to query it. The person told me my account type doesn't pay interest, so wouldn't have had any, but, err, has. Apparently they'd not seen other cases of it, but if you've been paid interest too, I wonder how many others have?

Change of policy? Or maybe HSBC have realised that they brought the changes in and breached the contract, as I pointed out to them, and they are STILL trying to sort (but have gone very quiet - no contact from HSBC for weeks...)

Of course, I've moved my banking elsewhere so it's no big issue for me any more.
  • ahai1
    Options
    Yes I am fine.
  • ahai1
    Options
    One thing I have noticed is that I paid in a cheque yesterday which I got from one of those reward websites and it is showing today. I thought it took 3 days.
  • ShelfStacker_3
    Options
    ahai1 wrote: »
    One thing I have noticed is that I paid in a cheque yesterday which I got from one of those reward websites and it is showing today. I thought it took 3 days.

It isn't cleared yet, surely? It might show in your account balance but won't be available to draw against until Wednesday.
  • Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes it shows but available balance will be different.
  • ahai1
    Options
    It is unlikely to bounce as the survey company is really good.
  • ShelfStacker_3
    ShelfStacker_3 Posts: 2,180 Forumite
    Options
    It is unlikely to bounce as the survey company is really good.

It's not that, it's just the cheque simply can't be cleared yet, i.e. HSBC haven't yet made the funds available. Whether it's paid is another matter.
  • ahai1
    Options
    Online banking should make that clear.
  • ShelfStacker_3
    ShelfStacker_3 Posts: 2,180 Forumite
    Options
    Online banking should make that clear.

The available balance will differ from the headline balance. Makes it plain.
  • ahai1
    Options
    I have not seen anything about that on online banking.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport