HSBC Changing all Bank accounts

Options

Comments

• Extant
    Extant Posts: 2,140 Forumite
    Options
    The available balance will differ from the headline balance. Makes it plain.

"The only way to make sure customers understand is to put everything in ten foot tall red letters. And even then half of them probably won't bloody get it."
    - My first line manager.
    What would William Shatner do?
  • ShelfStacker_3
    ShelfStacker_3 Posts: 2,180 Forumite
    Options
    "The only way to make sure customers understand is to put everything in ten foot tall red letters. And even then half of them probably won't bloody get it."
    - My first line manager.

Oh so true. Sadly.
  • ahai1
    ahai1 Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The same goes for Barclays Bank.
    - My first line manager.
  • ShelfStacker_3
    Options
    ahai1 wrote: »
    The same goes for Barclays Bank.

That doesn't even make sense.
  • ahai1
    Options
    What I meant is that Barclays should have a sign telling the staff what to do in regards to the comment made by the line manager.
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options
    - My first line manager.

That would imply that lot's of customers cannot understand the banks website, surely a fault of the bank, not the customer.:rolleyes:
  • Extant
    Extant Posts: 2,140 Forumite
    Options
    Inactive wrote: »
    That would imply that lot's of customers cannot understand the banks website, surely a fault of the bank, not the customer.:rolleyes:

We didn't have the internet when I joined the bank, son. ;)
    What would William Shatner do?
  • jadex
    jadex Posts: 753 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ahai1 wrote: »
    I have not seen anything about that on online banking.
    if you click ' Show account information' link, you'll see Balance and Available Balance.
  • ahai1
    Options
    They should not blame customers for the fact that they cannot design a website properly. Customers are not experts on the inner working of the bank. Mind you they are not either in my local Barclays branch. HSBC offers a fairly good service.
  • ahai1
    Options
    - My first line manager.

He or she said have said "Treat customers like dirt, flog any rubbish products and dodge taxes. Also you don't need to know anything about the products you are selling"

Before you start I have been to a Barclays branch and once is enough. MSE Dan also said due to the bad service they had doubts about the Barclays Golden ISA and also the staff did were confused on the rates about the regular saver.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure