ldavies wrote: »
    Boys, boys, no squabbling now.....

Who let you out of your cage?....:p :D

Nice to see you posting again.:T
  • ahai1
    ahai1 Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's less to do with rate chasing and more to do with the way certain banks are run. For example HSBC is one of the best as I had very few problems with them and have not had much need to contact them to correct mistakes or anything. Once I made a very simple mistake where I opened 2 flexible savers by mistake but the internet banking team sorted it out in less than 10 minutes. They also have more professional staff and more of them.
  • Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You're all lame.

Damn HSBC workers! I went into my local uni branch last week and banked £53 of coins! I said "Sorry I am going to be a pain in the !!!! here". The cashier went blank and went "Oh why??" and I said "I have loads of coins" and she goes "Oh thank goodness I thought it was something I had to be serious about", she didn't seem to care that I had 7 bags full of coins lol I was most upset, I always feel bad taking coins in! :rotfl:
  • ShelfStacker_3
    ShelfStacker_3 Posts: 2,180 Forumite
    Options
    Lokolo wrote: »
    You're all lame.

Damn HSBC workers! I went into my local uni branch last week and banked £53 of coins! I said "Sorry I am going to be a pain in the !!!! here". The cashier went blank and went "Oh why??" and I said "I have loads of coins" and she goes "Oh thank goodness I thought it was something I had to be serious about", she didn't seem to care that I had 7 bags full of coins lol I was most upset, I always feel bad taking coins in! :rotfl:

Had I got the job at HSBC High Wycombe I applied for that'd probably have been me... and I'd laugh at you. 7 bags? That, my friend, is nothing compared to some of the larger deposits I get. ;)
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options
    ldavies wrote: »
    Hey Mr.. how are ya doing?? im sure you missed me lol

Glad you are feeling better, nice to have you back.;)
  • ahai1
    Options
    Same from me as well. I forgot last time sorry.

Will HSBC increase the rates for the online bonus saver when the BoE rates go up? Which is sometime away.

Is a transfer to Coventry treated as a internal transfer from one HSBC account to another or to a seperate organisation?
  • ahai1
    Options
    Yes I am keeping. There goes the flexible saver then.
  • Froglet
    Froglet Posts: 2,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A quick question.When i transfer from my current account to my savings account with the Coventry,it gets there in a couple of hours.But transferring out of the Coventry back to the HSBC takes 2 days!!

Can anyone explain this please? i almost got caught out the first time, when i expected the transfer back to be as quick,nearly ended up with bank charges.Held my breath for 24 hours!
  • Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Coventry can only recieve FPS, not send?
  • Froglet
    Froglet Posts: 2,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well that is what i assumed but how can it only be one way? Perhaps they just want to hold on to the money a bit longer!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure