Barclaycard login broken?

Comments

• psross wrote: »
    You'll be given your user id on the final page of the registration process.

Thank you :)

That's something to look forward to then if it ever gets that far without falling over :rolleyes:
  • F_T_Buyer
    F_T_Buyer Posts: 1,139 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    48hours later and it's still not fixed.

Just got a new error:

Request failed
    We are unable to handle your request
    Click here if you wish to reload the site.

But after retrying a few times I get the original message.
  • Still no joy for me. Looks like I'm gonna have to digg out my paper bill and trek to the bank :mad:
  • The_Pope wrote: »
    Still no joy for me. Looks like I'm gonna have to digg out my paper bill and trek to the bank :mad:

If you've got online or telephone banking for your current account, you should be able to do a BACS transfer to pay the bill. The sort code and account number are in the leaflet with the title 'the detail' and will probably also be printed on the bill.
  • I have been trying since Wednesday & I have spoken to both the internet team & customer services on several occasions & each time I have been told that it will be resolved within 24 hours. I was even guaranteed last night that it would be fixed by 08.30 am this morning but what a suprise it is still down. The reason that I was told was due to the take over of morgan stanley & setting up all of their new customers?
    What about the ones that have been with them for years that pay each statement in full everytime & get no offers to go with their card. New customers are being offered 0% deals. I asked to switch but existing customers cannot switch nor can they reapply for a new card unless they have been left for 6 months and there is no guarante that you will be accepted again. So much for a credit crunch if new customers are being treated better than existing ones. Time to switch I think!
    They can't be that bothered about existing customers.
  • I've been trying for the past 30 mins....I'm slowly getting further and further towards being able to see my balance!

(but not quite there yet).
  • Well, it has been over a week since I've been able to gain access to my Barclaycard account online. Out of frustration I've finally succumbed and telephoned the 'internet customer services' number. The guy I spoke with was pleasant enough and suggested that he would forward my account number to the technical section with a view to allowing me access to my account............

This could, of course, just have been a line to get me off the phone but assuming (for the moment) that it is not, doesn't it sort of imply that Barclaycard has blocked access to existing customers whilst allowing the new MS customers access to register ?? Or am I being paranoid :rolleyes:
  • Academic wrote: »
    doesn't it sort of imply that Barclaycard has blocked access to existing customers whilst allowing the new MS customers access to register ?? Or am I being paranoid :rolleyes:

Finally got it and checked my balance although it was painfully slow.

Maybe it's a combination of high demand, bugs, leaves on the line and the wrong type of snow.
  • F_T_Buyer
    F_T_Buyer Posts: 1,139 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Academic wrote: »
    doesn't it sort of imply that Barclaycard has blocked access to existing customers whilst allowing the new MS customers access to register ?? Or am I being paranoid :rolleyes:

It seems that way because whenever I try it straight away says my details are wrong. They are not wrong... I've even tried at every hour of the day.. Even 3am Saturday morning and still the same problem.
  • I rang them on Thursday and got what everyone else has got "we will pass it on to the IT Dept...it will all be working again soon". I did get in via the method suggested earlier "forgotten my ID number". That works but is a bit of a long work around. At least I've proved I've still got an account and it hasn't been hacked. By coinincdence I haven't used my card for 2 weeks and as I can't check things quickly I shall not be using it until things are sorted. I have sent 2 e-mails one on Friday and one Monday...neither has been answered. I've just tried again to log on and no good (Tuesday 11.15). I don't expect priority treatment...after all I've only been with them 20 years!!!!!!!
    :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport