natwest isa 7.32%

Options

Comments

• masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,341 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well, it seems Natwest have managed to end several years of flawless ISA transfers for me. After handing in two transfer forms with my original application at the end of September, it seems Natwest managed to lose one of the two forms. After being treated quite dismissively over the fact my balance was in a lower interest threshold than it really should have been for the best part of a month, I decided to hand-deliver a formal complaint to the branch along with my replacement transfer form at the beginning of this month. Today I find Natwest have no record of either document being received. :mad:

So now I guess I'll need to pass on my complaint to their Customer Relations Unit. Meanwhile, I'm loath to give my branch the opportunity to lose a third copy of the transfer form. It's tempting to try and initiate the transfer from the other end, though I'm happier to have my money sitting in the old account than risking it getting lost in limbo..
  • miele_2
    miele_2 Posts: 118 Forumite
    Options
    Update on my ISA transfer from Abbey to Natwest: Days so far: 52 :mad:

1st attempt: My original attempt on 2nd October was unsucessful. My transfer form somehow disappeared - Natwest had sent it, but Abbey said they had never received it. Even though I called Abbey and Natwest a few times to check on the progress, Natwest refused to look into it until the maximum 30 days had passed.

2nd attempt: 2 weeks into 2nd transfer request, got a letter from Abbey saying they had received my transfer request from Natwest. Yay!! Abbey should process this within 5 working days (t&c on their website) but I will be definately be checking up on the progress next week. (Especially after the Abbey call centre girl was rather impolite to me on the phone).

Really want to complain to someone here, but don't know how or to whom. All my lost interest...
    Any ideas, guys?
    :hello: Trying my best to money save! :j
    :grinheart Sealed Pot Challenge 6 #2100 :grinheart
  • masonic
    Options
    miele wrote: »
    Really want to complain to someone here, but don't know how or to whom. All my lost interest...
    Any ideas, guys?
    You could go into / phone your branch to complain, or send a letter to your branch manager. You should expect them to backdate your interest to the date you gave them the original transfer form.

Edit: It seems like your transfer is proceeding more quickly than mine, though. I'm 51 days in and I have not yet received confirmation that A&L have received the request from Natwest, though Natwest told me on Friday that they had finally found and sent it. :mad:
  • Canny_mal
    Options
    Canny_mal wrote: »
    I just made some enquires about how I would go about making a withdrawal from my Natwest ISA. When I transferred my ISA into Natwest a month or so ago I chose to open a First reserve account rather than a Natwest current account. The current account I want the withdrawn funds paid into is with Alliance and Leicester.

According to the Natwest advisor I spoke to in branch today the only 2 methods open to me are to request a CHAPS transfer at a cost of £23 or make the withdrawal over the counter and recieve it there and then in cold hard cash.

As I was looking to withdraw a few thousand I don't like the idea of walking out of the door with that kind of money in my pocket! ( The advisor did warn me that for a withdrawal of this size I would need to warn them a day or 2 before I went in to pick it up)

With my previous Abbey Direct ISA I just gave them details of my A+L current account when I opened the ISA then whenever I wanted to make a withdrawal I could arrange it over the phone and the funds were simply transferred into my A+L current account 3 working days later.

Have I been advised correctly or does anyone on here know of any other way of making a withdrawal from a Natwest ISA?

Any advice would be appreciated.

I just bumping this as I'm still looking for clarification on how you can withdraw funds from this product.

Anyone??
  • masonic
    Options
    I just bumping this as I'm still looking for clarification on how you can withdraw funds from this product.

Anyone??
    If you have a Natwest current account, you transfer the funds between your ISA and current account online and then forward it to another account. I don't know whether you can make an electronic transfer from your first reserve account to A&L? If so, you should be able to send the money via that account.
  • fusionblue
    Options
    I phoned natwest and opened an ISA over the phone with them and explained the icesave situation (to 2 different people, just to be sure). They said that it would be treated as a transfer and all i had to do was put the money in my natwest current account and go into a branch with the certificate and they will transfer it immediately.

Has anybody else been given this information?
  • billieboy_2
    Options
    My DH and I both went into a NatWest branch on 28 October, him to transfer from Abbey, me from Post Office. His Abbey money was in his NatWest account on 6 November:eek: .

On calling NatWest last week NatWest told me my transfer form was sent to the Post Office on 28 October but on calling the Post Office I was told they had not received it. I'm told to wait the 30 days before contacting NatWest again and they will chase it up. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but after reading some of these posts :rolleyes: .
  • donny-gal
    donny-gal Posts: 4,654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    According to the Natwest advisor I spoke to in branch today the only 2 methods open to me are to request a CHAPS transfer at a cost of £23 or make the withdrawal over the counter and recieve it there and then in cold hard cash.

Can they not offer you a BACS transfers they take 3 days but are usually free?
    DG
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
  • ozzage
    ozzage Posts: 518 Forumite
    Options
    ozzage wrote: »
    I went into the City of London branch this morning and opened a new current account (wasn't an existing customer) and the Cash ISA which I'm transferring from Lloyds TSB. After all these posts I'll be very keen to see just how long this is going to take...

Experience so far was excellent, incidentally. Very good service at the branch.

Started the process on 23/10/2008, and money was deposited into my new Natwest ISA with a date of 7th November. 11 working days and no dramas at all.

Very happy :)
  • Canny_mal
    Options
    donny-gal wrote: »
    Can they not offer you a BACS transfers they take 3 days but are usually free?
    DG

I asked about BACS but was told it is not possible on this type of account
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family