natwest isa 7.32%

Options

Comments

• apt
    apt Posts: 3,188 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think the previous 0.5% cut was on 3 November.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,341 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mar7t1n wrote: »
    Natwest had a complaint letter from me 3 weeks ago, but their strategy seems to be to ignore customers.
    I've had the same experience. A complaint sent to their Customer Relations Unit got things moving for me:

Customer Relations Manager
    NatWest
    FREEPOST NAT 12685
    London
    WD6 1BR

(Having said that, I'm 59 days into my ISA transfer and the funds still have not been credited to my Natwest account)
  • miele_2
    miele_2 Posts: 118 Forumite
    Options
    miele wrote: »
    Update on my ISA transfer from Abbey to Natwest: Days so far: 52 :mad:

UPDATE: ISA transfer from Abbey to Natwest: days so far: 61 :mad: :mad: :mad:

What is going on?

Abbey sent my funds to Natwest on 21st November. My money still isn't in my Natwest account. Natwest have no record of receiving it.

Been on the phone to Natwest for ages, been transfered to 5 people, (one in the wrong department who was really rude to me), no one has any idea. The last lady just gave me a number for 'a department in Bolton' and hung up on me. :mad:

This 2nd attempt is day no 28.

Please, can someone out there help me!?!

UPDATE:
    What happens if the transfer takes longer than 30 days? Natwest now say they wont be able to chase it up until this Friday as they 'need 10 working days for the cheque from another Bank/BS to clear'.
    So that would take it to 31 days.
    I am sooooo mad right now.
    :hello: Trying my best to money save! :j
    :grinheart Sealed Pot Challenge 6 #2100 :grinheart
  • miele_2
    Options
    masonic wrote: »
    I've had the same experience. A complaint sent to their Customer Relations Unit got things moving for me:

Customer Relations Manager
    NatWest
    FREEPOST NAT 12685
    London
    WD6 1BR

(Having said that, I'm 59 days into my ISA transfer and the funds still have not been credited to my Natwest account)

Hi Masonic,

Any tips on how to write a very strong complaint letter to Natwest, please? I'm not very good at this. I am so mad, my ISA funds still aren't in my Natwest account, Days so far: 61. Plus, they wont look into it until this Friday which will be 31 days into my 2nd transfer attempt. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Thanks.
  • miele_2
    Options
    Does anyone have the Natwest ISA phone number please?

ISA Customer Services: 0800 255 200

Transfers from another Bank/BS into your Natwest Account: 0845 303 7075 & 0845 303 6868

(Apartantly this department is in Bolton. But, after being transfered through to them twice, they don't seem to answer the phone. A lady at ISA C/S gave me these direct numbers, hope they work as she didn't seem too bright; she gave me this number for my local branch: 0845 plus my sort code. Well , that didn't work!)
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Any tips on how to write a very strong complaint letter to Natwest, please?
    Might not be necessary. Give the FOS a call...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=13295641&postcount=3
  • miele_2
    Options

Thanks, YorkshireBoy, that's great!!!!!!!!!! :T :T :T

Will look into it right now! ;)
  • billieboy_2
    billieboy_2 Posts: 1,361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just contacted the FOS who are going to write to NatWest. When I spoke to NatWest last week they told me the transfer would automatically be chased up on the 30th day (which was 1st December) and when I rang this morning there was no note on my account to this effect and it hadn't been chased:mad: . Natwest told me a log had now been put on my account and someone would contact me on Tuesday to confirm:rolleyes: which I don't think wil happen. So thanks YorkshireBoy - I wouldn't have thought to ring them this early. The lady at the FOS also told me to take issue with them for the amount of interest I will have lost. Hopefully this will get the ball rolling.:T
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,341 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Any tips on how to write a very strong complaint letter to Natwest, please? I'm not very good at this. I am so mad, my ISA funds still aren't in my Natwest account, Days so far: 61. Plus, they wont look into it until this Friday which will be 31 days into my 2nd transfer attempt. :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Hopefully, YorkshireBoy's tip will have helped you out, but if you still feel you need to make a complaint to Natwest yourself, it really shouldn't be too difficult. All you need to do is write a couple of sentences explaining why you are unhappy, pointing out what it is that they've done wrong. Then include a summary of the sequence of events that led to the problem (I normally do this as a series of bullet points with the relevant dates/times). You then just need to finish off by explaining exactly what it is you want them to do to put things right (e.g. backdate interest on the transferred sum to a particular date). I'd post my complaints as an example, but it's quite different to your problem - my main issue was I had funds in my Natwest account that earned a lower rate of interest because of them not transferring one of my ISAs into the account.

My transfer was finally completed earlier this week. It ended up taking 71 days between the date I submitted the transfer form to the date my funds started earning interest at Natwest. I'm now just waiting for the bank's final response before deciding whether or not I need to start filling out the FOS complaint form.

Edit: I have begun to draw up an invoice for Natwest. This covers the difference in interest between what I have been paid and what I calculate I would ideally have been paid over the period of time they have taken to transfer my second ISA. I've also added on a charge for my labour and expenses spent resolving this issue so far. It comes to just over £100. It'll be interesting to see what they offer me.
  • Rommoney
    Rommoney Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    When i signed up it was 6.76% thereabouts. I was told over the phone that because i signed up at this rate it's what i would be getting regardless of interest rate drops. My ISA transfer went through smoothly, but as i guessed the interest rate which was paid resembled less than 5%. I'm thinking the person on the phone didn't really know what they were talking about. Is this just a standard clause they have?

I don't know whether the bonus has been paid or not.

I had around 12,250
    I got around 60 in interest

This was for a full month (from 29th Oct to 29th Nov).

I'm honestly not sure what i'm getting.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport