Heating oil dropping like a stone

Options

Comments

• N9eav
    N9eav Posts: 4,742 Forumite
    Options
    Yes I am a bit bummed out now as I bought in Aug when the price dropped to 52 and then started rising as the hurricaines hit the gulf. I thought I did OK and caught it at it's lowest. I was wrong. The price went under 50p today at 49.88p for my area, as oil was 90$ a barrel for the first time in a while.
    Keep an eye on boiler juice (link on my strating thread), you can see daily trends. It's dropping so hold off until it levels out if you can wait that long. Wish I did. I could have saved £30 so far. That's a case of wine for Christmas. Nuts!
    Another tip is to look at buying through them. They shaved 2p off my regular supplier. I thought I had the cheapest too.
    NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!
  • Lynt_3
    Lynt_3 Posts: 235 Forumite
    Options
    According to my supplier, it is likely to go up again next week.
  • N9eav
    Options
    48.99 today

ASDA diesel was down to 1.18 yesterday, so I hope that's the start of a fall
    NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!
  • nesssie1702
    Options
    Because Boiler Juice don't supply in my neck of the woods, I can't find any comparison prices at all. I ordered a tank refill last week and it's going to cost me 61.8p a litre.....
  • N9eav
    Options
    Because Boiler Juice don't supply in my neck of the woods, I can't find any comparison prices at all. I ordered a tank refill last week and it's going to cost me 61.8p a litre.....

ouch...........
  • nesssie1702
    Options
    Indeed ouch - 860 litres of oil delivered this morning.....
  • Lynt_3
    Lynt_3 Posts: 235 Forumite
    Options

:eek: :eek:

That seems rather extreme, to say the least. That's what happens when there's no competition I guess.

Today, I ordered 500 litres at 49p (+ vat). That was high enough. Going up later in the week to 52p + vat, and then could come down again. :confused:
    This is so crazy!

Really feel for you nessie.
  • ukbertie
    Options
    hi i live in wiltshire anybody got any prices ? cheapest i found is 51p
  • oap
    oap Posts: 596 Forumite
    Options
    :mad: We were quoted 49.9 plus vat, last Friday, on the same day another company quoted 52, in the same area for 900 litres, someone is ripping us all off. Anyway, got about 5 inches left in tank and hanging on, and hoping that it does not go back up again. We are North Wales, Bangor area.
  • oap
    oap Posts: 596 Forumite
    Options
    Thinking about it, and wondering if any of you have noticed this, why do they always want to know your address, post code and if you have bought from them before, and have you an account, etc, etc, it would appear that if you stay with same company you get a better deal, I have tried what oil price check says and ask can they do any better, but do not like doing this really, why if they all get their oil in this area from apparently the same place, do they all charge different prices.

After all one penny on 900 litres is £9, etc, and can make a big difference, dependant on what price they fancy selling it to us. :confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure