Heating oil dropping like a stone

Options

Comments

• lulu999
    lulu999 Posts: 84 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Prices are still relatively overpriced to crude. Recession (depression) looming/already here. Manufacturing demand is falling (look at all the other commidity prices). Unemployment rising. Less demand, less spending.
    Prices have to fall further (and considerably).
    I'll start thinking about it when it hits 30p
  • milliemonster
    Options
    Thanks Lulu for your advice, this is our first year in this house and we have never had oil fired CH before so really wasnt sure when would be the best time to buy, I do have enough to get us through until after xmas I think so hopefully by then it may be a lot cheaper
    Aug GC £63.23/£200, Total Savings £0
  • A._Badger
    A._Badger Posts: 5,854 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm with Lulu on this one. Boilerjice keeps sendng me irritating e-mails, claiming that domestic heating oil will soon rise in price. They have been saying this for weeks, despite the tumbling international price for oil.

This morning they quoted me 40.99 per litre. Five days ago it was 46.66.

Call me when it gets back to around 30p, chaps :)
  • milliemonster
    Options
    Yeah, funny that isn't it? a couple of weeks back when Boilerjuice stated my local price of 48p per litre, it said prices were due to go back up to over 50p a couple of days later, I didn't buy as I couldn't understand that when it was obvious oil was dropping, they're obviously not getting enough commission at the moment
    Aug GC £63.23/£200, Total Savings £0
  • N9eav
    N9eav Posts: 4,742 Forumite
    Options
    They sent me a group buy weekend price of 38 too. It's a bot aggrevating when I bought oil at 52 a while back. You would think that elec and gas should drop too! Glad I did not fix it
    NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!
  • AlanW_2
    AlanW_2 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    BJ 39.xxp ex VAT for 2000l for PE31 postcode today. I think there is more to go yet, we have enough oil for this year...
  • Skintmama
    Skintmama Posts: 471 Forumite
    Options
    Not sure I am brave enough to hold out so bought oil today, although the supplier suggested it may drop further. In my opinion Boilerjuice are almost always encouraging one to order as the price will be rising (hardly surprising as they want the business!), however, I have always got a better price by obtaining my own quotes. I do obtain a quote from them just in case though.
  • oap
    oap Posts: 596 Forumite
    Options
    Skintmama wrote: »
    Not sure I am brave enough to hold out so bought oil today, although the supplier suggested it may drop further. In my opinion Boilerjuice are almost always encouraging one to order as the price will be rising (hardly surprising as they want the business!), however, I have always got a better price by obtaining my own quotes. I do obtain a quote from them just in case though.

How much did you pay please, and roughly area, we are North Wales, we cannot hold out much longer, down to three inches in the tank, ta, oap
  • Skintmama
    Options
    Hi oap,

I am in Devon and paid 38.5p per litre, had to shop around though. Good luck with finding a decent price in your own area.
  • N9eav
    N9eav Posts: 4,742 Forumite
    Options
    oap wrote: »
    How much did you pay please, and roughly area, we are North Wales, we cannot hold out much longer, down to three inches in the tank, ta, oap

Boiler juice average seems to have been stable for a week or so.
    NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure