PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

50p a day til christmas, healthily?!-Weezl's next challenge (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Sian_the_Green
    Sian_the_Green Posts: 1,584 Forumite
    Options
    oh how did you know that sian?! Weezl maybe have a special feeding guests budget? either that or get them to pay on the door lol!! kisses for my best boy!

It was on the weekly e-mail.
    I do hope he is having a great time :)
    God is good, all the time
    Do something that scares you every day
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    Options
    me too :)

more budget reflections.... call me Darling

(that's the chancellor I mean!:o;))

right, been overspending these last 2 months, but am very well stocked up. So, a leetle experiment and a new 3 month challenge...

but before more of that, I've realised another reason why we're over budget! I hadn't quite factored in fergie's increase of appetite! he was only eating 75p of formula when I first worked it out, and cos it's only gradually increased I hadn't spotted it'd gone up to £1.30 a day :eek: and his one eco disposable a day is 15p, so it's been £1.45 a day just for fergie without me realising.

:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I thought I would post the estimated the cost of my tea.

Fish and chips from chippie
    cost £4.00 ish for fish, chips and peas and a can of pop

Home version
    cod fillet £1 (out of a pack of 4 for 4 from M+S)
    potato wedges 20p
    peas 20p
    glass of pop x 2 30p Total £1.70

All costs estimated and could come in lower than totals

I know you frugalistas can do it cheaper than this however I was pleased at having a lovely non greasy no car needed HM version :D

50p burgers (8 for £4 from M+S again) wedges and cheese etc for tea tomorrow.

Any spinach ideas anyone for the 3 big bunches that I need to cook :confused:
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • Guapa1
    Guapa1 Posts: 890 Forumite
    Options
    Sian
    While I was locked in my kitchen yesterday (I don't even need to leave my house to have weird things happen to me lol), I made a a cake well cakes, as I realised that I didn't have a proper cake tin.

2244970.jpg

What do you think? I haven't eaten any yet.

Also back to growing tomatoes for a sec, I've got my 1st flower, so am supposed to start using tomato feed now, but not sure how much as the label has come off.
    Help please!
    2244971.jpg
    Getting there... A deal at a time. :T
  • Patchwork_Quilt
    Patchwork_Quilt Posts: 1,839 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Frugalista I feel bad that I can't credit this but it is from MSE, not mine

1 onion
    2 celery sticks
    1 carrot
    6 oz oats
    1/4 teasp salt
    2 teasp dried herbs
    3oz grated cheese
    2 beaten eggs

Grate veg or blitz in food processor and fry until soft
    Stir everything together. Bake at Gas 5 for 25 mins

However, I had virtually nothing in so just used sundried tomatoes, oats, salt, herbs, cheese and eggs. I added a little milk to make it stick.

Hope this helps
  • shaz_mum_of__2
    shaz_mum_of__2 Posts: 2,010 Forumite
    Options
    Guapa1 wrote: »

Also back to growing tomatoes for a sec, I've got my 1st flower, so am supposed to start using tomato feed now, but not sure how much as the label has come off.
    Help please!
    2244971.jpg

Cakes look great

You start to feed tomatoes when the first tomatoes are on the bottom truss...........your plants are much bigger than any of mine:D

Shaz
    Shaz
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    Guapa1 wrote: »
    Sian
    While I was locked in my kitchen yesterday (I don't even need to leave my house to have weird things happen to me lol), I made a a cake well cakes, as I realised that I didn't have a proper cake tin.

2244970.jpg
    The cakes look great :T If you don't have a cake tin what do you use to bake them in if you don't mind me asking? I ask because I've got 2 cake tins and I often want to make more than 2 cakes at a time IYSWIM :D
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    Options
    ........your plants are much bigger than any of mine:D

Shaz

I was just going to say that! they look great, when did you start? :D

:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • ceridwen
    ceridwen Posts: 11,547 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 6 June 2009 at 8:21AM
    Options
    Cakes look great

You start to feed tomatoes when the first tomatoes are on the bottom truss...........your plants are much bigger than any of mine:D

Shaz

Thanks....can I have a point of clarification - by tomatoes: do you mean tomatoes (as in the fruit itself) or the first flowers (that will subsequently grow on into being tomatoes)?

Am thinking that hopefully this year I will get things completely right for tomato-growing. Looking hopeful so far - I got a set of those tomato growpot thingies that one slots into a growbag and my plants are now ginormous and some flowers showing already. (Though the ginormous could be down to having been told exactly how much water to give them - courtesy of the instructions on the growpots.....rather than the growpots themselves IYSWIM.).

Just as well I've got me a water butt - my pretty fairsize one darn nearly covers all the water I need for my now somewhat crammed with food leetle garden. Thinks.....wonder if I can cram in another one attached on that sorta pipe connection thing one can do and then I'd be absolutely certain of always having enough water for the garden - and some for me too...Really do recommend investing in a water butt or two for everyone who can manage it - 'tis earning its keep very well.
  • shaz_mum_of__2
    shaz_mum_of__2 Posts: 2,010 Forumite
    Options
    ceridwen wrote: »
    Thanks....can I have a point of clarification - by tomatoes: do you mean tomatoes (as in the fruit itself) or the first flowers (that will subsequently grow on into being tomatoes)?

Its the actual fruit .............the jargony term is when the fruit on the first truss has set?

We have got a bit water barrel obsessed here ceridwen we now have 5 one either side of the garage roof, one on the back of the house main roof ,one off my potting shed and one from the gazebo ...............and could squeeze another 2 in yet 1 at the front of the house and one at the back of the shed but at £30 each they will be waiting for a sale...........theres no wonder theres a water shortage it's all in my garden...:rotfl::rotfl:

Isom would love a mini meet :D:D

Made my first batch of proper beer last night (from hops and barley) also this week made rose petal jam from wild dog roses and 2l elderflower cordial ..................they are out here but small and a little lacking in flavour (due to size i should have used more i think) next week am planning elderflower champagne a la HFW and some grapefruit and carrot marmalade

Shaz
    Shaz
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family