PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

50p a day til christmas, healthily?!-Weezl's next challenge (part 2)

Comments

• cheerfulness4
    cheerfulness4 Posts: 2,874 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    weezl74 wrote: »
    I hadn't quite factored in fergie's increase of appetite! he was only eating 75p of formula when I first worked it out, and cos it's only gradually increased I hadn't spotted it'd gone up to £1.30 a day :eek: and his one eco disposable a day is 15p, so it's been £1.45 a day just for fergie without me realising.

I've just noticed fergie's 3 months now so you might be having to add a little extra for baby rice etc, too. :D
    I remember when DS2 was around that age we had to start supplementing his formula with something more solid as he was forever hungry. He's 15 now and nothing really has changed there. :rolleyes:
  • ellawood
    ellawood Posts: 222 Forumite
    Hi everyone had a day shopping yesterday DD1 was her payday and she wanted to go to Primark(well she wanted to go to the one in a city which I will not drive to so I found one in a not to bad area to drive to and borrowed Oh tom tom 1st time it took us down some very narrow roads the sort were you hold your breath to pass other cars) parked up opened boot of car NO Pushchair for dd2 :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:I was so angry will myself Oh well all is not lost major shopping area Some have things for hire Trafford centre has little cars that you can push We got to information no hire things but they told me they have a creche so we set off to top floor only to find that they have to be 2 and over by this time dd1 is very upset as we had passed all the shops she wanted to go to so we them had to set off and buy a buggy found a argos and spend £35 on one I did not want I have one in the shed I was given but I hated it but I have to say I liked the buggy and could use it so not very msn but ohwell we did have a good day shopping after that got a few bargains :D
  • Guapa1
    Guapa1 Posts: 890 Forumite
    SunnyGirl, I should have explained myself. What I meant was I didn't have one big cake tin, but little ones that I used. I ate one last night. I cut it in half and made a little buttercream icing. It was lovely, I'm so chuffed!

Thank you for the info Shaz, are you growing yours inside or outside? How often are you watering them? I started mine back in March. I'd love to hear more about the champagne... Hmmm, maybe not. I don't think me knowing how to make alcohol is a good idea!
    Getting there... A deal at a time. :T
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    edited 6 June 2009 at 1:31PM

Isom would love a mini meet :D:D

can I come? What about the rest of the welsh lasses? ;)

been busy baking here at weezl towers:

3 loaves white bread
    1 loaf white bread with added goldensyrup and ginger (bit of an experiment this one!)
    2 date and ginger cakes (based on sian's foolproof cake recipe)

Whilst power ballads have been belting out on the ipod....

have been throwing my headback and singing heartily, Fergie is most impressed and thinks this is all very funny....

Love to you all, results, taste tests and costings to follow....

:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • shaz_mum_of__2
    shaz_mum_of__2 Posts: 2,010 Forumite

Of course :Ti assumed ISOM was speaking for the entire welsh coningent :rotfl::rotfl:

Been out doing the herbery and am mighty pleased with myself

will be updating blog soon with pics

Guapa my toms are outdoors now but have been indoors in potting shed until 3 weeks ago when i brought them out ...............watered daily and up to 3 times on really warm days :rolleyes: i grew them in the greenhouse and outdoors last year and the outdoor ones did better so i have 3 pants in the potting shed and the rest are outside ...need the space for the rest of my stuff in greenhouse

The elderflower champagne recipe is here

http://www.channel4.com/food/recipes/chefs/hugh-fearnley-whittingstall/elderflower-champagne-recipe_p_1.html

and dont worry it's only mildly alcoholic !

I bought the special bottles from a homebrew shop for £1.50 each but since realised grolsch still comes in those type bottles but only when you buy individually they are slightly smaller but cost £1.57 at Mr A and you get to drink the beer first:rolleyes:

Shaz
    Shaz
  • Yategirl
    Yategirl Posts: 839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker

I am only just over the bridge.... do I count? :rotfl:
  • weezl74
    yes please yategirl, and all who'd like a minimeet :)

now then, the ginger and date cake is very lovely, but sian, can you help, I used your cake recipe and stirred chopped dates through the mix, but by the end it's sort of become 2 layers, lovely ginger and syruppy top bit and then datey bit at the bottom IYSWIM? Did i not mix it enough? Mayhap even your foolproof recipe has yet to meet a fool like me! :(

cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
  • Sian_the_Green
    Sian_the_Green Posts: 1,584 Forumite

now then, the ginger and date cake is very lovely, but sian, can you help, I used your cake recipe and stirred chopped dates through the mix, but by the end it's sort of become 2 layers, lovely ginger and syruppy top bit and then datey bit at the bottom IYSWIM? Did i not mix it enough? Mayhap even your foolproof recipe has yet to meet a fool like me! :(

I think when adding fruit to lighter cakes it does tend to sink to the botttom of the mixture as it is heavier. Not sure what the solution is to that... Maybe chuck some more of the dates over the mixture half way through. Does it still taste good? :D
    God is good, all the time
    Do something that scares you every day
  • I'm not sure if it would work for a cake but when chocolate chips sank to the bottom of cookies I started to stock the chips into the top of the cookies after I'd put them on the tray rather than mixing them in. Maybe stick some of the dates in the mixture and then most on top of the cake after its in the tin? This is a just total guess though :rolleyes:
  • weezl74
    Does it still taste good? :D

Acetate monkey loves it! And tis him it's mostly for :) I'm trying to not do too many cakey things so fergie can have a non-slummy mummy :rotfl:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport