What to do if you've been affected by the XL collapse

Replies

• to davegilmour I was told on the 19th February AND the 11th March that my claim had been passwed for payment and I still havent got my refund. I have been hassling them every week since January and have got nowhere. Have tried to ring CEGA 6 times today only to be told by a message that all advisors are busy and then the phone goes dead. I dont know what to do next
  • r18rwsr18rws Forumite
    162 Posts
    Hi Lizzie,
    - but they have informed me now that I have to pay £40 admin and £16 because I used my credit card for admin to the CAA. I am so annoyed because I have had to pay £56 for a load of hassel with absolutely nothing to show at then end. I am sure there is someone somewhere benefitting from our misery! AND are they not just doing their jobs. I find paying a higher percentage for using the credit card in the beginning a cheek never mind paying again for refunds. Who gets this money :mad: ??

The credit card fee and admin fee are not CAA responsibility and not thier charges and not covered under the ATOL invoice AFAIK.

The card fee is for paying by card - if you travelled you would have expected this and not be requesting refund and the admin fee SHOULD have been declared at time of booking by your agent - who was this?

The CAA are not charging you this I dont think but please confirm if it is their admin fees?
  • r18rwsr18rws Forumite
    162 Posts
    DONZERELLA wrote: »

I initially tried to claim thie money back through the Halifax credit card under section 75. I understood that the credit card company had joint repsonsibility

WRONG - NOT IF YOU BOOKED THROUGH AN AGENT

I immediately sent all the appropriate documentation with the ATOL claim form to apollo travel who then forwarded it to Atol. On 5th December we had a letter from CAAknowledging receipt .............. It is now the 17th March and we have no refund.

CLAIMS WENT IN FROM MID SEPTEMBER SO UNFORTUNATELY YOU ARE NOT AT FRONT OF THE Q

I just want the money refunding. Will it come from the CAA and if so how long will it take? Should i pursue the credit card company under section 75 of the credit agreement?

CAA WILL PAY - NO CREDIT CARD WILL REFER YOU BACK TO CAA

Regards

Donna Niman

REGARDS RICHARD :)

ps, capitals are not shouting, just to make reply clear for the question!! :)
  • I spoke to CEGA last week, they said my payment has been sent and i should receive it wednesday latest and something in the post by wednesday. Its friday today and still nothing.

The are so poor, nearly been 6 months. disgraceful
    Mortgage overpayments 2009
    FEB £155,737.00 op £500
    MAR £154,849.00 op £500
    APR £154,018.00 op £500
    Interest aimed to save 66,125 gbp
    MF target date - February 2015 (16 years early)
  • Just wondering whther anyone has any advice re what to do with the battle between co-op and Cega - with cega not having the relevant paperwork from co-op whereas Co-op saying they have sent it but CEGA can authorise payments without it anyway......

I JUST WANT MY MONEY....

Also when i disputed the amount with the credit card I paid on (for the aforementioned XL holiday) they said they would put it at 0% interest and keep it at this rate til refunded - they now inform me that they didn't do this so i will start to get charged interest on this amount in May 2nd when 0% deal ends. Shall i take this further with Halifax credit card???? Should they freeze interest on it????
  • re. previous posts ,money in bank,happy days.

keep at them everyone:beer:
  • Guys, money went inot my account today..............£25 short but im just happy to have it so am going to leave it at that. I booked freedom flights through on the beach travel, got letter on 31st october. Its looks like they are FINALLY paying out. Guys, just keep ringing CEGA, they will eventually pay you!!! Now......off to pay this off on my new holiday!! Good luck guys....stick with it! x
  • r18rwsr18rws Forumite
    162 Posts
    DONZERELLA wrote: »
    Just wondering whther anyone has any advice re what to do with the battle between co-op and Cega - with cega not having the relevant paperwork from co-op whereas Co-op saying they have sent it but CEGA can authorise payments without it anyway......

I JUST WANT MY MONEY....

Also when i disputed the amount with the credit card I paid on (for the aforementioned XL holiday) they said they would put it at 0% interest and keep it at this rate til refunded - they now inform me that they didn't do this so i will start to get charged interest on this amount in May 2nd when 0% deal ends. Shall i take this further with Halifax credit card???? Should they freeze interest on it????

I understand frustration but this needs to be focussed ot CEGA and ask them exactly what they need and then ask the Coop to provide it to them.

If the Coop need to send more infomration to CEGA to validate the claim I am sure that they will do, but everything connected to the claims process for XL is a slow mover.

Re the interest rate being fixed at 0%, maybe they didnt understand what you were asking for and/or if they never confirmed it in writing with an unlimited timescale then you are probably stuck with it.

Claims have started to be paid out so things are looking good. Just the delay from the initial claim may have pushed you down the Q a little bit.
  • mermaidnwukmermaidnwuk Forumite
    45 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hi, everyone - I notice reading through posts that payments are finally coming through from CEGA (CAA agents). Just wondered what reference numbers the claimants of the now completed payouts had. Mine is 645*** and the letter dated November 2008 but still no money refunded to my bank account. I haven't been contacted by CEGA requesting any further information. Have I still a long wait ahead, does anyone know?:confused::o
  • Hi Mermaid. dont know what order they are paying out in my number begins 30...... and have been waiting 5 months. Twice have been told that claim had been passed for payment. Once on 19th February and then again on 11th March then on 20th March (first contact they have had with me other than reference num,ber) was told now that they need the freedon flights confirmation invoice. Rang travel agent about this but they said they couldn't supply this and didnt know what they were talking about. Don't know what to do next.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Alexa, tell me some top tips

How can this Forumite maximise their smart speaker?

Join the Forum discussion

State pension shortfalls for women

MPs call it a 'shameful shambles'

MSE News