The cheapest Pay As You Go mobile tariff

Options

Comments

• the_matrix
    the_matrix Posts: 526 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hi all

I'm interested in the new three 321 plan. Problem is I have an old Nokia. What's the cheapest just call/text 3G phone please?

Cheers :)
    SECRET OF SUCCESS IN LIFE:
    Patience, patience & patience.
  • Stuart_W
    Stuart_W Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    the_matrix wrote: »
    Hi all

I'm interested in the new three 321 plan. Problem is I have an old Nokia. What's the cheapest just call/text 3G phone please?

If you want a basic 3G phone that still looks like a basic call/text phone, you can get Nokia's c2-01 for about £40 or perhaps the Motorola WX306 for about £30
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,626 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    the_matrix wrote: »
    Hi all

Try your local cex, looks like they start their 3G models from around £20.

For eg http://uk.webuy.com/phones/product.php?mastersku=SERIG502&sku=SERIG5023C
    ====
  • Broadwood
    Broadwood Posts: 706 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Stuart_W wrote: »
    If you want a basic 3G phone that still looks like a basic call/text phone, you can get Nokia's c2-01 for about £40 or perhaps the Motorola WX306 for about £30

Or for £59.95p you can get the new Nokia 301 from Car Phone Warehouse. It's unlocked but comes with an O2 sim with £10 credit on it. I've given the O2 sim to my eldest grandson (aged 7 & already on O2) to use. He just has to tell a few close family of his new number while he uses the £10 credit.

I've had my Nokia 301 for 2 weeks now on Three's 321 tariff and I'm very happy. Much cheaper than Orange's Racoon tariff who allowed me to transfer remaining credit to my wife's Orange PAYG account. I just have my number to port over now but have the PAC ready to do it within 30 days.
    Never trust a financial institution.

Still studying at the University of Life.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,626 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Broadwood wrote: »
    Or for £59.95p you can get the new Nokia 301 from Car Phone Warehouse. It's unlocked but comes with an O2 sim with £10 credit on it.

Unless the OP specifically needs an unlocked phone, your method costs an extra £20 to get £10 credit, not very MSE.
    ====
  • billsavings
    billsavings Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    Options
    Stuart_W wrote: »

You can get a Nokia C2 01 direct from 3 for £29.99

http://store.three.co.uk/view/searchDevice?type=HANDSET&payGPrice=0to49.99
  • Blue_Max
    Blue_Max Posts: 725 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Phones from Chinese maufacturers can be bought for amazingly low prices.
    They are unlocked and often have dual SIMs.
    But some of them can be unreliable. Choosing a model and a seller based on feedback and user ratings at Aliexpress and Amazon is a safe way to go.
    Models based on the Mediatek MT6589 chipset are amazing!
    Gizchina.com is good place for reviews and info. It has a forum with some knowledgeable posters.
  • MrGumby
    MrGumby Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello. I want to get a new payg sim for my father who uses just a few minutes and texts each month - perhaps 10 or 20 minutes and half a dozen texts. No data.

Any views on the best sim for him? Needs to be one that lets him keep his credit active long-term.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 13 April 2014 at 10:16AM
    Options
    three.co.uk - Pay as you go - 3-2-1

ETA: only 3g-enabled handsets work on 'Three'. Most cheapest ones are 2g only.
  • MrGumby
    MrGumby Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Brilliant. Many thanks Grumbler.

PS Love your moans about English language. I'm with you all the way and could add plenty of my own.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure