PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS daily thread - Monday 8th Sept

Options

Comments

• ALIBOBSY
    ALIBOBSY Posts: 4,527 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for moving my post hun. The trouble is now I have found a new thread to read to distract me from the housework/cooking lol. Btw forgot to say also loving stardrops and OS cleaning.

ali x (waving at all the other OS'erS)
    "Overthinking every little thing
    Acknowledge the bell you cant unring"

• Churchmouse
    Churchmouse Posts: 3,004 Forumite
    Options
    Hello:D

Haven't been around for a few days, so I'm not up to speed with all the news, sorry. Been having a lovely few family days, with an enormous family get together on Saturday, some not seen in 20 years:eek: Enormous fun, and promises not to leave it so long again:o :D

Belated Birthday wishes mioliere, sorry I missed sending them on the right day. Glad you had such a nice one:D

Happy Anniversary to the whatatwits:love: I shall be having words with Aussie for misquoting you:naughty::naughty: ( I'm sure it's much better, practice makes perfect and all:rotfl: :whistle: :whistle:

Aussie, well done on the chooks:T What did you do, threaten them with the pot if they didn't get down to laying straight away:rotfl:

catznine, sorry about the card and your dental appointment. Hope you can contain the pain until tomorrow.

mrs mix, glad you escaped hospital:j Now don't go trying to do too much, but yes a breath of fresh air will do you good:D

I've got washing blowing on the line and another load just finishing, and while it's not as bright as earlier I'm hopeful it will all get dry.

Did loads of OS at the end of last week, but having a bit of trouble motivating myself today. Washing I can cope with, just bung it in the machine and tada ....it's doing. I do have to bake some cupcakes today because I promised littlest greatniece a cake with a piggy on the top. She LOVES pigs, and that was even before Peppa pig was on the scene. I'm beginning to wish I hadn't made such a rash promise, will have to put my thinking cap on for ideas how to decorate it:think:

One quick coffee then off I go.

Nearly forgot! Shez where are you, I've waved between the rain, did you see me?:D
    You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
  • Miss_Cinnabon
    Miss_Cinnabon Posts: 19,481 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hiya:D

back from our weekend away, was lovely there, lots of sun and had a lovely view of the beach.

Wasn't too well all weekend, kept on wanting to fall asleep and having dizzy spells, just since i had the cold last week

but apart from that, we all had a great time:D pics on facebook if anyone wants a peek, some lovely pics of the beach

dh has taken the kids bowling this afternoon, so a bit of quiet time for me

havent caught up with thread so happy birthdays, anniversarys, hugs etc to all who need

poppy - just want to say :j :j :j :D

susie
  • Money_saving_Diva_2
    Options
    Afternoon all!

Hope everyone is well and having a good day. I have been fighting with my 'puter all morning cos it decided it hated IE and kept logging on when I was halfway through posting on here.

So, please insert a few amusing comments and stories here as I have written them out a couple of times already and haven't the energy to write them for the 3rd time!!

Ok, now you are all smiling...:p

mioliere - Yes I watched the Joanna Lumley thing and loved it! And weren't the Northern lights wonderful?!!
    Happy Anniversary to the Twits - have a lovely day!!:beer:
    PoppyO - Wooohoooo honey, I am so happy for you!!
    Dazi - good to see you back
    Sammy - I hope your OH is feeling a lot better today
    Alibobs - good to have you with us!!

*Hugs* to all those who want one and congrats to anyone who is celebrating today.:beer:

Diva.x
    To be frugal, you need to spend money wisely, simply spending less is not enough.
    If you can't handle me at my worst then you don't deserve me at my best...
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.
  • stefejb
    stefejb Posts: 1,725 Forumite
    Options
    afternoon all - my home pc has proper died :( Mr caring sharing says he will come round and have a look at it as i am technically baffled .... so just a quick wave from w*rk
    I'm going to feed our children non-organic food and with the money saved take them to the zoo - half man half biscuit 2008
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    mioliere wrote: »

Well, Ive just picked a load more blackberries from the end of the garden - they've been great this year. DH is regretting cutting some of the brambles down earlier this year; we'd have a load more if he'd left them! I have to decide what to do with them - I'm fed up with crumble now!

KathyXX

Kathy, you are very lucky, oh and I were picking for ages yesterday and did not get that many, :confused: the few i got I have just started off for some blackberry and apple jelly, need to get some more sugar when I am out for the school run, and will then finish off and put in the jars, hope it works, have never made jam before.

Poppy, well done to you both, I hope it brings everything you wish for xx

Hugs to sammy xx

Alibobs, hello :D

Hugs to Candy and your dd, he sounds like a waste of space xx

Thanks for the good wishes for dd, I have not had a phone call from school so she must be ok, I also realised that she had a can of coke yesterday, which is something we never normally have, perhaps this caused the migraine :confused:

Well I have been busy (you can tell I feel better ) I have stardropped and vinegared the lounge, pulling chairs and sofa out washed the walls down, bicarbed the carpet, and hoovered throughout, three loads of washing done and on the line, nearly dry :T , and started my jam off, :D , also done the veg and pots for tea, will go and put meat in the oven in a while.

Pottered a while in the garden, and noticed I have french beans coming :T , I thought I might have planted a bit too late, but it seems I am ok, looking forward to eating them.

Going to have a surf for an hour before the school run, hugs to all xx
  • betheebee
    betheebee Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all,
    I haven't been on here for a while due to one thing or another. Had to take DF, who has been staying, to the station at 6.15 am today so got back stripped beds and they have dried on the line. Remade beds. Peeled tons of apples and made 2 apple cakes, 1 crumble, 1 pie and portioned up lots for sauce. I filled icecube trays and y/shire pud/ bun tins and froze individually and once frozen baged them up.

Have made huge pan of chilli, HG chillies, enough for 18 portions. BM finished and DW emptyed.

Tons of ironing to do. Meant to do some watching Joanna Lumley but didn't want to miss anything. We really want to do that.

SAMMYJIG, Glad DH is slightly more comfortable.

PIPPA, Hows OH?

MIOLIERE, Belated birthday wishes.

happy aniversary WHATATWIT.

POPPY, I'm so pleased for you both.

CANDY, I'm so sorry to hear of the sadness your DD is going through, can you talk to his parents and see if they can help knock, erm talk some sense into him. Hugs to you, DD and DDad.

ALIBOBSY, Goldenballs!! have we got a celeb on here, Welcome.

((((((((( MRS. MIX, PEN PIN, SYBIL, JACKI O, SMOKIE, SMOKELETS))))))))))
  • Hardup_Hester
    Options
    Afternoon all
    Sorry I didn't come online yeaterday to tell you all about the christening, we had a power cut & it knocked out my broadband connection.
    We got throughly lost on the way to the chuch as the sat nav took us to a nearby school & insisted that it was the church. The service was short, 2 christenings & no mass & then back to their house for sarnies & cake. I briefly met the reason for the choice of church for this christening, he & his wife are their new next door neighbours, they are supposedly famous, but I have no idea who they were, I don't watch a lot of TV.
    BIL is supposedly moving out next weekend, yay! I'm not counting my chickens thought it could still all go tits up.
    Hugs Hester

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Options
    Hi Guys!

We've had a lovely day. OH took me to Bluewater. We had a Sausage Butty at BK (BOGOF voucher:rolleyes: ) and it was quite nice....dont normally like stuff like that but it was a proper cumberland sausage and tasted ok. Then we went to Lakeland and he treated me to the shallow pan I wanted for the Remoska. We already had £20 in vouchers so he got off lightly...we also got 3 for 2 on some plastic kitchen tools (£3.00 for 3):D ....then we went to the cinema and watched Rock'n'rolla and it was brilliant!! After we went to the Disney store and got DD a new Kermit Frog purse and pen set (wicked design!) and we got a take away baguette from Giardinos and Hot Choc and shared it on way home....and we got 2 free dougnuts from Krispy Creme as the light was on next to the cinema:j :j

Out for 4 hrs and knackered!!

He is cooking Steak, Chips, Garlic bread and salad for dinner. I am being spoilt.

I need an early night!

DD is doing her HW ATM and I must get her ingredients together for tomorrow. I assume its a cake..flour, butter, eggs and sugar. The school have requested FR eggs...cheeky bu*gers. We only have FR anyway but I think its a bit steep stipulating them!

Text BargainRzl yesterday asking if she was ok. She has been extremely busy with work and her social life.....alright for some;)

Hugs to all.

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    betheebee wrote: »
    Afternoon all,
    I haven't been on here for a while due to one thing or another. Had to take DF, who has been staying, to the station at 6.15 am today so got back stripped beds and they have dried on the line. Remade beds. Peeled tons of apples and made 2 apple cakes, 1 crumble, 1 pie and portioned up lots for sauce. I filled icecube trays and y/shire pud/ bun tins and froze individually and once frozen baged them up.

Have made huge pan of chilli, HG chillies, enough for 18 portions. BM finished and DW emptyed.

Tons of ironing to do. Meant to do some watching Joanna Lumley but didn't want to miss anything. We really want to do that.

SAMMYJIG, Glad DH is slightly more comfortable.

PIPPA, Hows OH?

MIOLIERE, Belated birthday wishes.

happy aniversary WHATATWIT.

POPPY, I'm so pleased for you both.

CANDY, I'm so sorry to hear of the sadness your DD is going through, can you talk to his parents and see if they can help knock, erm talk some sense into him. Hugs to you, DD and DDad.

ALIBOBSY, Goldenballs!! have we got a celeb on here, Welcome.

((((((((( MRS. MIX, PEN PIN, SYBIL, JACKI O, SMOKIE, SMOKELETS))))))))))
    I've tried talking to them before , and they are in denial about what he's really like, and think she should grin and bear it:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    SYBIL I don't buy the men reacting to hormones excuse, not when my daughter and baby are at risk:(I appreciate your advice though hun :o
    Anyway have had to go round and tell my Mum and Dad who aren't surprised in the least, and just want whats best for her:A
    Just off to make Tea then chill out , as i'm mentally and physically exhausted;)
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family