PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Friday 29th August

Options

Comments

• candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good grief, just had a bit of a panic here when one of the cats came running in looking all wide-eyed & foaming at the mouth/dribbling everywhere...!!!!

Of course as I've only had them 3 weeks I hadn't got as far as sorting a vet (as everything was done & checked before they left the rescue centre). Found an emergency number & put a post on the pet forum here too. Seems as though she may have licked a toad.... The dribbling/foaming seems to have stopped & she has calmed down too, I've kept her in the kitchen for the last 20 mins. Will be keeping an eye on her for a little while longer but vets are 24 hour so I can call or go across if I need to.

so my day starts & ends in a state of panic... hope that's not an omen for the rest of the weekend...
    That never happened to me, and i've kissed a few in my time:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Hope she's ok tho hun xxx:D
    SMOKEY my Dad's evil District Nurse has butchered his poor arms to take blood, his cancer nurse saw them the other day, and has booked him in at the hospice in the future to have blood taken.The stroppy C0w refused to come in last week as the neighbours 17 year old comatose dog was lying outside my Dads house :mad: :mad: :mad:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • smokybabe
    smokybabe Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    candygirl wrote: »
    SMOKEY my Dad's evil District Nurse has butchered his poor arms to take blood, his cancer nurse saw them the other day, and has booked him in at the hospice in the future to have blood taken.The stroppy C0w refused to come in last week as the neighbours 17 year old comatose dog was lying outside my Dads house :mad: :mad: :mad:

We deal with a lot of District Nurses at work and there is one who takes no prisoners!!!! She really is a c0w and has told tales of the way she exacts her 'revenge' when she feels there is the need. She finds it very funny but tbh I think it's despicable that a person can abuse their position on vulnerable people just because they can/or feel like it. I better hadn't witness it because I can be a stroppy c0w too and I wouldn't let it drop.

I'm glad your cancer nurse has taken steps to prevent her having access to your dad again.

Smoky. xxxx
    If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape 100 days of sorrow.......Chinese proverb
    DFW No 172.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    smokybabe wrote: »
    We deal with a lot of District Nurses at work and there is one who takes no prisoners!!!! She really is a c0w and has told tales of the way she exacts her 'revenge' when she feels there is the need. She finds it very funny but tbh I think it's despicable that a person can abuse their position on vulnerable people just because they can/or feel like it. I better hadn't witness it because I can be a stroppy c0w too and I wouldn't let it drop.

I'm glad your cancer nurse has taken steps to prevent her having access to your dad again.

Smoky. xxxx
    God knows why the silly cow is so stroppy, my Dad and Mum are so sweet, never complain and she's still a biatch:mad: :mad: shouldn't be in the job at all:mad: :mad:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • HariboJunkie
    HariboJunkie Posts: 7,740 Forumite
    Options
    Hello again :hello:

Silver Charming. Take care of yourself. :kiss:
    I agree with those who have said that the behaviour you describe is normal for a toddler WannabeSybil. Try not to worry.
    Gena. I can verify that the gardening is addictive. But nothing beats eating your own veg. ;)
    Hope you make it to the cricket tommorrow Candygirl.
    Smoky you sound like you've been busy. Enjoy your weekend.
    Welcome back Penny!!

Very quiet evening here. Took the girls to the park but it ended in tears. :rolleyes: Something to do with one stealing the other's frisbee.
    Going to tidy the kitchen now and head to bed with my book. Would go with OH but he's unconscious beside me on the sofa. :cool:

Haribo x
  • Larumbelle
    Larumbelle Posts: 2,140 Forumite
    Options
    Everybody :grouphug: I just want to say thank you all so much. It felt so hard earlier when I wrote that post and now I just feel silly. Your replies made me cry. You guys are all so great :) I can't tell you how many RL friends I have lost over the years because it gets too awkward to try and explain, or because by the time I am ready to face the world again they have moved on. I've ended up with just a few real, close friends - the ones who understand, who accept things the way they are, who were willing to just deal with it as part of me. I count every one of you here as RL friends. I think we are so priveleged to be part of a community like this, although I guess we all are the community. Thankyou. Big hugs to everyone else out there who needs one too :grouphug:

Both of those district nurses sound vile. Why do people go into professions like nursing if that's the kind of people they are?! I feel very lucky that all of the medical people I deal with are lovely. Isn't there anyone you can make an official complaint to? Because she doesn't sound like she should have access to vulnerable ill people.
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello all,

Very late to-night, have been on the go all day.

What a lot has been happening....Smoky you are doing wonderfully well, would be honoured if we can have helped at all towards Eric's headstone...as others have said the gift was given with love and its disposal is totally at your discretion...take care of Smoky.

Silvercharming....thank you for entrusting us with information which is very private, be assured that there is always help and a shoulder to cry on here, it is indeed a loving community, where people give and get helpful advice and where there is no judgement.

Sybil...I too think that your little boy is acting perfectly normally in repeating actions over and over again, he is checking results when he does all these things, mention it to you HV, but try not to worry and find some way to ensure that you remember to take your medication, I have been on anti-depressants for more than 2 years and it is always on the packet not to stop taking them without advice from my doctor....so in every way it is very important that to take them as you should.

Mioliere...things were tough in years gone by...as a very carefully minded 3 year old only child I had my tonsils removed 60 years ago and when I cried was told by a nurse that my mother had sold me...my parents would not have been allowed to visit in the 3 days I was hospitalised...I can still remember that b*tch of a nurse now! Your mother will love the doll, she sounds like a wonderful lady who should be cherished as you cherish her.

PenPin....so glad that you gave that wretch her marching orders...I know that some nurses are better with needles than others and I suppose that there is a knack to it, but they could try...hugs

Hester...not like you to be so :mad:...hope that by now you will have relaxed and had the gin that somebody recommended

Stefejb....mmmmmmmmmmm!

Aussie...poor little DGS....glad he is home and back in Ninny's neighbourhood...recovery will be swift now I hope.

Candygirl...another gem in the health service taken care of...hugs to your Dad.

Lame wolf...try not to worry about Tuesday, but get all the questions you can think of down on paper, I have forgotten the most obvious questions on occasion through thinking that I will remember everything.

JackieO...hope that you enjoyed your drive through Kent...some lovely villages and small towns, my late aunt lived in Hythe for many years before her death.

PenPen....have been camping once only in my lifetime...that was enough, glad that you enjoyed your break

Can't remember who was wanting to garden...spring onions (scallions to us Celts) do quite well even this late in the year, also lettuce and spinach...sure that there are other things, definitely worth a visit to the Greenfingered thread.

You lot are driving me nuts with all the talk of blackberries and Remoskas! Blackberries as I have been unable to find anywhere around here that there are any which haven't been ruined by all the rain and Remoskas as I really want to buy one but would cost a fortune between currency conversion and postage and I really don't want to spend the price of a combination microwave on something that needs counter space....ok, rant over.

Hugs to all I have not mentioned....just C.R.A.F.T. these days and congratulations to all who are celebrating.

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • poppyoscar_3
    poppyoscar_3 Posts: 1,566 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good grief, just had a bit of a panic here when one of the cats came running in looking all wide-eyed & foaming at the mouth/dribbling everywhere...!!!!

Seems as though she may have licked a toad....

*Note to self* When looking for handsome prince, remember to kiss not lick toads.....;)
    :D2010 MFW Challenge No. 112 Mortgage paid in full 27/08/10 I was MF!!!:D
    But now I'm not - (Joint) Mortgage £104704.
    New MFW target £5000 overpayments by 31/12/2105 £400/£5000 = 8%
    SAVINGS TARGET - £25000 by 31/12/2015 £13643/£25000 = 55%
    No 17 Lewis Lane
  • Churchmouse
    Churchmouse Posts: 3,004 Forumite
    Options
    meanmarie, I was going to ask what C.R.A.F.T. stood for but I think I've worked it out:o :rotfl: Apologies if I'm crediting you with language you would never use:o :p:D

silvercharming, would echo all the others, don't feel pressured to post, but nice to hear from you when you feel able. You've been brave today, hope you feel better for it. (((hugs)))

sybil, repetitive behaviour is just so very normal for toddlers. I well remember mine driving me mad at times, but it's the way they learn about the world around them:rotfl: :rotfl: And if you think about it, we may not be precisely the same, but we all have our *routines* which bring us comfort;)

Welcome home PenPen:D I was on the verge of asking if anyone knew if you were all right. Didn't know you were away:rolleyes: :o Are you rusty:rotfl:

Well made a lovely spicy sausage and pepper casserole tonight. Was yummy, and even better there's enough leftovers for lunch tomorrow before DH goes to the footie with DS2:T :D

It will be a long day tomorrow without the forums:rolleyes: Bet we all have loads of housework/baking/gardening to report tomorrow evening:rotfl: :D

Night all, CM x
    You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good evening chums ,

smokey you are doing so well love, I think we all wish you well, and what ever makes you feel good then I agree.

Silvercharming you are brave to share with us your fears and doubts but be assured that there are lots of smashing folk on here to help and will always listen .

It was sad to here how there are some nasty D/nurses I have been so lucky ,last year when my mastectomy wound collaped I had a wonderful lots of lasses who came everyday for almost 8 months to pack the wound out and take bloods and were so nice .I remember one lovely lass asked me if there was anything that she could do to help and I said the only thing at the time I couldn't do was under my good arm before I had started chemo it was getting a bit errm shall we say European .Not a problem she said and waltzed me into the bathroom, and two minutes later I was smooth as a babys bum under my arm .Bless her I was so pleased, it sounds silly, but at the time I couldn't use my right arm at all. I bought them a big bunch of flowers and a huge box of chocolate biscuits when they finally finished coming to my house.They were there for me when all my hair dropped out, and were fantasic and so supportive.
    I had a lovely day today with my visitors, we went to Whitstable, and ended up having afternoon tea there as well.
    They have gone beck home to Colchester now and my house is now getting back to normal again. I still have a huge ironing mountain, but I'm not too bothered as its far too hot and sticky at the moment to worry about.
    Eldest DD is coming tomorrow morning to do my stairs down for me, and strip my bed. She is a dear soul, and does it every week as my joints don't bend as they used to and I always end up hot and flustered trying to change the duvet cover.
    Now all my visitors have gone I am going to be back on budget again hopefully and am going to do the September grocery challenge I have lots of food in the freezer, so it's £50.00 for September. Fingers crossed I will stick to it.
    i did manage to get a few bits toward some of my grandsons Chistmas pressies.only little things but it all helps .Wilkinsons has a BOGOF on Lynx shower gel at 2 for £1.75 nice little bits to go on the tree for the boys .I also managed to get a Jeremy Clarkson book for one of my DGS for £2.99 at Whitstable in a book shop there reduced from £7.99.
    Now the summer is almost over it's time to start getting all the little things to wrap up
    Well time to hit the pit as my brother would say Night Night all
    JackieO xx
  • Dazi
    Dazi Posts: 1,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening/Morning all

Last night at parents, off home tomorrow, stopping off at DDs so I can have a last cuddle with DGD before coming home.

OMG if I thought Mamma Mia was good, the singalong version is brilliant, went to see it tonight with OH, DS, BIL and DN, we all sung our hearts out. Lovely last night for us, ending on a 'feel good' moment, just don't ask me how I feel after saying bye to DD and DGD tomorrow. lol

See you all next week

((((hugs)))) to all who need for whatever reason. Am sorry that I haven't read all the posts.

xxxx
    whoever said laughter was the best medicine has clearly never tasted wine

Stopped smoking 20:30 28/09/11 :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills