PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Friday 29th August

Options

Comments

• mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pippa - how sad for your Mum, too. Times were hard then, weren't they? To have only one doll and to lose it is awful. I'm so glad things like that don't happen any more. They make for sad memories when childhood should be a happy carefree time. I am always finding an excuse to give my DGD a doll!

Silvercharming - you're amongst good friends here. As Redruby has said, none of us is Wonderwoman and we all have days when everything seems too much. As much as this is the OS thread, we are all here to support each other and provide shoulders to cry on. Please feel free to post however you are feeling. I have had fantastic support here and I know others have, too.

WS - children take great comfort from routine regular things - my DS2 would watch the same video (it was in the days of He-Man and Castle Greyskull!) over and over again and he also loved having the same story read to him! Repetitive behaviour is just a form of comfort. If you are concerned, though, it's a good idea to have a word with your Health Visitor - it's what she's there for and it would put your mind at rest.

RedRuby - I feel so sorry for your poor DD - having to put up with migraines at such a young age. (((Hugs))) to her.

Well, DH should be home soon so I'd better go and get the dinner on. Home-cooked fish and chips with naughty tomatoes and peas followed by some of the rum and raisin fudge I treated us to from Woollies Pick-and-Mix which is reduced to 50p for 100gms at the moment. I've already eaten EIGHT pieces! No wonder I don't feel that hungry!

See you all later.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • poppyoscar_3
    poppyoscar_3 Posts: 1,566 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Evening all

Well - been and OP'd my mortgage and when they update my account on the website I think I should find I'm sun £13k!!!

Going to do soup of some sort for tea then have a relaxing evening. Haven't been very OS today...................

Have a nice evening,

PO xx
    :D2010 MFW Challenge No. 112 Mortgage paid in full 27/08/10 I was MF!!!:D
    But now I'm not - (Joint) Mortgage £104704.
    New MFW target £5000 overpayments by 31/12/2105 £400/£5000 = 8%
    SAVINGS TARGET - £25000 by 31/12/2015 £13643/£25000 = 55%
    No 17 Lewis Lane
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    silvercharming its great that you can open up. this board has so many caring people on it, please dont be afraid to say how you feel (((hugs)))

I have just returned from shopping for school clothes. managed to get 2 pairs of trousers (£5 each) and school bag (£1):D for DD2 and DD1 got shoes, coat, trousers and bag for £40 so not too bad
    I cant believe the school hols are nearly over:rolleyes:
  • KAAT_LADY
    KAAT_LADY Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi the folks ..

Just thought I'd pop in before I read thr thread...let you know I am still here

Ann xx
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    Hello, all :beer: Just got back from a cracking few days camping in the North York Moors. Beautiful weather, but the ground is sodden, so very muddy :rolleyes: Just unpacked the car, and have the washing and some gardening to do, so fish and chips for supper :j

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • morwenna
    morwenna Posts: 844 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all :hello: Been at work all day but now its la la la la weekend!

Suppliers have been putting prices up today (for domestic users) but I thought you should know that the hurricane (Gustav) is predicted to hit the Mexican oil fields on Tuesday - if that happens there could be more price rises to come as the markets will go crazy :rolleyes:

Korma for tea with naughty HM chips :D

Huge weekend inspired hugs for all! (Whether you want them or not, so ner!)
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    morwenna wrote: »

Suppliers have been putting prices up today (for domestic users) but I thought you should know that the hurricane (Gustav) is predicted to hit the Mexican oil fields on Tuesday - if that happens there could be more price rises to come as the markets will go crazy :rolleyes:

quote]

Domestic users of what ? :confused::confused:
  • morwenna
    morwenna Posts: 844 Forumite
    Options
    redruby wrote: »

quote]

Domestic users of what ? :confused::confused:
    So sorry - Electricity and gas - I buy electricity for blue chips at work clearly I thought you all knew this by means of telepathy :o
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    redruby wrote: »
    So sorry - Electricity and gas - I buy electricity for blue chips at work clearly I thought you all knew this by means of telepathy :o

Normally I would have picked this up, but my telepathy is in the garage being fixed :D , thanks for the warning, have a good weekend xx
  • Pippa.S
    Pippa.S Posts: 2,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Kathy - Yes those times must have been awful. I read your earlier post and I must say I admire your mum, she sounds like a lovely lady.
    I love buying dolls for my DGD's, I get as much fun out of buying them as the girls do playing with them.;)

Wannabe Sybil - SomeLO's do those sort of things all the time, my little DGD is 2, and every time she comes, all the cushions go on the floor with a doll or teddy on each one, when she has them all set up, she starts again and moves them all round one cushion, someone else said earlier its how they learn. She also watches "Help I'm a Fish" over and over again the same with Winnie the Witch a real good story book. So try not to worry, but if it helps speak to your Doc or Nurse about it.
    Give your lovely little bear a hug from me x

Silvercharming Dont feel bad about putting your feelings, worries or anything else troubling you down on here.We are all here for each other and everyone is so supportive, so dont delete your posts,send them :A

Redruby - Hope your DD is ok tonight, migraine is awful, I suffered with it when I was expecting DS1, and at that time the Dr's would'nt prescribe anything for it. I can sympathise with anyone who suffers from it. :o

Welcome back Penelope Penguin glad you enjoyed yourselves :D
    sistercas well done on the uniforms a real good saving :T

Well dinner was MrM's Pepperoni Deep Pan Pizza a large one between us with baked beans, lovely ;)
    I am off to watch catch up TV and start a knitting project, could be interesting:rolleyes:

Enjoy the rest of the evening everyone
    BFN
    Anne
    x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business