Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

September 2008 Grocery Challenge. Please read first two posts. - Page 82

New Post Advanced Search

September 2008 Grocery Challenge. Please read first two posts.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
1.7K replies 114.7K views

Replies

• suzybloosuzybloo Forumite
    1.1K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    :( Only had £14 to do until Tuesday but was £19 in the butchers - however if I take out the clothes I bought which technically shouldnt have been counted I am still on target with £4.80 left til Tuesday. We went bramble picking today so I have made three pots of bramble and apple jelly. I have also made a brown loaf in th BM. Hoping tomorrow is a no spend day - other than 95p to get a spare Newsof the World, for the voucher for Tesco. Feeling quite pleased :T
    Every days a School day!
  • pinkjenpinkjen Forumite
    237 posts
    Hi all

Just updating my sig as i went to Mr S today & spent £34.54 & didn't even buy any meat!! Still on target for my £120 for September though so am pleased about that..:j
    DFW Nerd 1038 - Debt 08/2008 £4068 - Debt Now £400
    Santander CC £400 [STRIKE]Tesco CC £622.69[/STRIKE] £0 :j
    2010 Wins:
  • This is my first GC and so far have spent £187 and its only the 6th ! however I had a big order from Mr T today , including groceries , dog food , washing powder and toiletries which I am sure will last a few weeks . Have planned meals for the next week and am quietly confident I will get through the month without exceeding my target . It has been inspiring to read all your threads and see how well you have all done , and also how healthily you are eating .
  • nicki_2nicki_2 Forumite
    7.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I dragged DD to Mr A instead as it was 5pm gone by the time I got myself sorted out and its only down the road ;)

Spent £14.14 in Mr A (including £7.74 on a bottle of SP Whisky as I've got the start of the winter cold/sorethroat already :rolleyes: ) and then popped into Aldi & spent 1.38 on fruit (and another 1.98 on packing tape - 3 pack reduced to 99p, handy for ebay parcels and when I come to move ;) ).

I'm hoping I shouldn't need much in the way of groceries, but I have a feeling I'm going to need to do "big shop" at the end of the month to restock!

GC - 38.04/60
    T - 4.85/30
    X - 45.23 :eek:
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
  • gtxgtx Forumite
    305 posts
    hi everyone

late post for me tonight because i've been cooking and cooking and cooking and....
    there's corned beef and pot pie x2, tom & basil soup, butternut squash and sweetcorn soup, apple crumble and flapjacks all for the freezer and more cooking planned for tomorrow:A

spent £85.41 in asda today - which sounds bad but we shouldn't really need anything more other than fruit.

well i'm going for a lie in the bath and then to bed - good luck for tomorrow everyone - i'm starting to really enjoy the challenge of coming in under budget - there are so many ideas on the threads, i'll feel bad if i don't:o

DFW#1062 :idea: LBM Aug 08 - :eek: DFD JUN '22
    Quick question, I have a vending machine card, for coffee in work, which I load up once every couple of weeks, I intend to include it when I actually put money on it, but am I cheating if I say I have had a no spend day and I used it???:confused:
    Your thoughts please???
    Winky x x x
    Hiya Winky,
    For anything like that ie, monthly bus,train tickets, your vending machine card, I count it as one spend:D
    Hiya Annelouise, glad that your back safely, hope your new job goes well, and that you settle in quickly, wow and still just as organised, wish I was.
    No GC shopping today but OH went mad and bought new nets for front windows, a bargain at £12.00 and as he broke the others he paid, so a great bargain for me:rotfl:
    HWGA xx
    lost 3stin 4mnths GC nov£90/£51.65 July£100/£97.67 Aug£90/£18.59
    LBM Nov05 Loan £4910.65 Paid April07 sealed pot challenge#256
    Nov06 CC £2,590.56 Paid aug07 + Savings07/08 Night Owl 22#
    Mortgage £87,000/£84,000/ £82,261.00/£81,785.30 £80,268/£75402.00/£71229.15 DFW NERD 987 Long Haul member 125 debt free 24th aug 07
  • rosiebenrosieben Forumite
    5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    JayJay14 wrote: »
    Sorry to be OT but can someone help - I've deleted my sig as I wanted to change it and now I can't seem to get a new one to save at all (I've tried about 6 times)

any ideas?

Hi JayJay, some new signature rules were put into place earlier this year, limiting the number of lines and characters for a signature; if a new sig doesn't comply then it wont save, so maybe that's causing your problem? Details are here ;)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • eveie189eveie189 Forumite
    301 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Well i got my half pig yesterday (which is why i am running over budget so far) and there is LOADS. One of the joints is just so big I will have to save it for Crimbo and it will probably take us till then to eat the rest. I can't complain too much about it blowing the budget though cause it was only £60.

katie
    April GC 9th-7th may £0/£320
  • kipperskippers Forumite
    2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all

I've spent £130.89 so far and my monthly budget (which runs out on 24/9 ) is £280. I need to go shopping in the next few days, i may go today to Mr T. There is a £5 voucher in the news of the world today if you spend £30 or more so i'll use that.

I need to be careful as i still have two weeks left. I'm about to check whats in my freezer and make a shopping list. If i want to come under budget this month then i've got to be ingenious.

Ooh i forgot to say, i have bought all my xmas cake ingredients this month and some mincemeat to make mince pies:T :T :T
    :j :j :j :j :j
  • egonegon Forumite
    439 posts
    Hi,

After all the debacle with MrT delivery last Tuesday, it turns out, that they don't owe me any money..... :o

The money didn't went into the CC+ account on time for the delivery. :o The driver forgotten to ask for another way of payment.
    So, after all the phonecalls made, they say, that we got that delivery for free now. :D
    But I am waiting for the statement first, before I believe it. ;)

We had a few NSD now, but need some cough medicine for DS1 (DS3 is starting too.)
    I wish Germany had a website like moneysavingexpert!