Contact just-dial

Options
1235»

Comments

• dean2230
    dean2230 Posts: 84 Forumite
    Options
    coolsteel wrote:
    Dean just contact Primus and they will do all the work, primus is a much better company and i read on here somewhere they now offer off peak calls to mobiles 20p for 20 mins matching JDS! think you may have to mention this to them on sign up as i dont think its automatically included on sign up. Another thing is with Primus you cant check your call records until the monthly bill is sent to you unlike JDS. I am with JDS and wouldnt touch them with a barge pole if i was looking for a new CPS provider.
    Coolsteel :cool:

Thanks CS

Would I need to do anything with my ranger 400 phones (i.e. update my CW Client from Orchid?)

Thanks in anticipation anyone.
  • smipx013
    smipx013 Posts: 77 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

I just posted my own thread on this issue (sorry - should have searched first!!) and I have e-mailed MoneySavingExpert about this.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=137531

I hope MoneySavingExpert will respond as Just dial do not deserve to be on the recommneded list at all. Customer services are a MUST surely!!!

Paul
  • gerryfitz
    Options
    To be fair, they have been in contact regularly since Monday afternoon and have now started to sort out my query, so fair do's.

However, where were they from Thursday through Sunday, perhaps they are based in Brigadoon?
  • smipx013
    Options
    MSE never did get back to me
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    smipx013 wrote:
    MSE never did get back to me
    Although your (and others') comments were certainly noted judging by the absense of any JD recommendation in the current version of the UK's Cheapest Home Phones provider article:

Two Provider Solution: The Main Provider

Primus has permanent ‘free’ evening and weekend calls to UK landlines without a monthly fee (most companies usually charge around £4/month). At the moment you can only sign up to Primus by phoning the freephone number 0800 036 0094. You need to ask for the Primus Saver 2 tariff, do check it’s the right one, as this one isn’t commonly sold. As it bills you online you’ll also need an email address to get this account.

Primus is free for the first 90 minutes of each call. After that you pay 1p/min;better still put the phone down and re-dial before the 90 minutes ends, and the call stays free.

While you pay Primus for calls you still need to pay BT £11/month (plus £1 for non-Direct Debit) line rental. Ensure you’re on its basic, ‘Option 1’, tariff though. I’m often staggered how many people are paying BT for a discount calls package, when they use another company to make calls!
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • smipx013
    Options
    Hi,

thanks for the info. I am going to switch my CPS to Primus. The only fly in the ointment is JustDial. I cannot contact them in any way shape or form and I don't know for sure whether there was any minimum period or cancellation charges. Don't suppose you know do you?

Justdial sent me an e-mail today telling me I can view my latest invoice online and even that does not work. They are a joke.

Conversely - I just called primus (on a FREE number) and they were really helpful. Top marks Primus!

Cheers.

Paul
  • pricefighter
    Options
    You dont have to contact JDS Primus will arrange the transfer for you.Their was no min term or cancellation charges with JDS.
    PF.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport