Contact just-dial

Options
Does anybody have a phone number for just-dial? All emails and enquiry forms sent to them from their website bounce and there's no telephone number published anywhere that I can find on their site. Martin if you read this, it's worth giving them a pants rating for "customer service". BTW I noticed when trying to find a phone number for them that they are part of Centrica - as are Onetel. Buying the competition....

Thanks,

Justin

Comments

• moni72
    moni72 Posts: 69 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Justin
    I'm having the same problems in contacting them. I've been emailing since 10 October and so far all 4 emails have bounced back!! I didn't even have a account number from them to log in to my account. That's when I eventually got a number for them. I entered a dummy account number in the "forgotten your pasword" section and it gave me the following telephone number (its an 0870 but what choice do you have!!) 0870 996 1000. The phone was answered "One Tel". The cutomer services rep I spoke to said "I cannot discuss your account as it is a web-based/email account only", that was after my telling her that I cannot get a hold of them via email!!! Hello?! :mad: AAARGGH!! :eek:

I finally got into my web-based account and I've now emailed them yet again. Although their website isn't working properly now either!

I still have received NO confirmation re the set-up of my account. I received no date of activation, no account number, no confirmation of direct debit, no welcome letter.......ZILCHO!! Their customer service is the worst!

And I'm still trying to find out from them how much they charge for 0845, 0870 numbers so I can tell whether 18866 or 1899 are cheaper or not.

Yours annoyed and frustrated!
    Simone
  • iceburn
    iceburn Posts: 680 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    is this just dial CPS? Or Just Dial VOIP? If the latter I can give you a number for them I just called them and cancel my and father line. About them answering as onetel, that is correct they just been brought out quite recently by One Tel and now the owner of British Gas is trying to sell One Tel I think.
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Im on this. I've sent them an email and am asking for contact details to make sure users can get them. If people can detail the exact contact details it'll help

martin
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • bbb_uk
    bbb_uk Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    Options
    MSE_Martin wrote:
    Im on this. I've sent them an email and am asking for contact details to make sure users can get them. If people can detail the exact contact details it'll help
    Hi Martin,

JDS have a very long merged thread going here. Just reading it appears that from Sept/Oct they don't appear to be replying to any emails. Some people have received responses but they appear to be automated ones. I personally emailed them 3 times and got no reply (used two email address they appear to have). Up until this time I had emailed them once and got a reply.

I'm sure there are other threads as well.

Update

The thread here also mention users are having problems with them over lack of response to their enquiries.

The email addresses I tried were care @ one-tel.com, and customercare @ one-tel.com (I think). They never come back that the address was not valid but the fact that there was no response and it had given up but only from the care email address. The other one, customercare, nothing whatsoever came back.
  • yebaws
    yebaws Posts: 272 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    moni72 wrote:
    I finally got into my web-based account and I've now emailed them yet again. Although their website isn't working properly now either!

Simone,

How did you manage to login to your account? I've got the same problem - never got an account number and when I use my phone number it comes up as invalid.

Thanks,

Justin
  • moni72
    moni72 Posts: 69 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi again Justin

I phoned the number that I found and went through to a Customer Service Rep who asked me for my account number, I told her that's why I'm calling I don't have one! She gave me it over the telephone but wouldn't discuss my account any further and said I had to email them. She told me to try customercare@just-dial.com but I haven't tried it yet. I note that loads of people are having the same problem and there's another thread on it.

Hope this helps! :o
  • yebaws
    Options
    thanks, I'll call them when I'm feeling calm....
  • yebaws
    Options
    BTW, I think Centrica have a pants theme to their customer service:

Ontel, justdial, aahotels & scottish gas have all deserved pants awards for customer service based on my experience, and guess who owns them all?
  • StartingAgainKayla70
    Options
    Glad I read these posts, I am at the end of my application in signing up with these guys and I have just sent them an email asking them what time do they consider Free evening calls start from? But yet I havent heard, after reading all that you guys have put I am very hesitant to sign up with them. After all sometimes we just have to speak to a human to sort things out.
    :D NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MAKES YOU SMILE:D
  • wackyraces
    Options
    Has anybody found a number for these jokers. I signed up and had exactly the same bounced back emails. Rang the 0870 One-Tel number and they couldn't help me. I had an email recently, stating that I can login to my account but I don't have an account number! Absolute jokers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure