Great What/What Not to Buy at Lidl, Aldi and Netto Hunt

Options

Comments

• mummysdragon
    Options
    I shop at Netto's, always my first port of call, before Tesco and Asda. What I can't get at Netto's I then go else where.
    My cats only like Netto cat food and believe me they are fussy eaters!!!
    I also love there cooked meats, they are superb, it's the ones that are £2.99 a pkt. Also fresh gammon/ ham to cook yourself is divine.
    Their feta chesse is like the feta you actually get from Greece, not to salty or rubbery.
    Their coffee whitener is better than others.
    Tin Stewing steak is excellent value, I just add this to my fresh meat and stock when doing a stew, the gravy is rich and adds to the flavour.
    I have also shopped at Aldi, although it is a few extra miles away and I must say that is fantastic, My brother in law works there and alot of their own brands are actually made by the top producers...eg guess who there digestive biscuits are made by...no other than Mcvities!!!
    You don't have to be Posh to be Privlidged!!!
    Don't knock it till you've tried it, that's what I say.
  • lovebug_rita
    Options
    Got the Charmin toilet rolls offer this morning at 8am. They only put 8 items out. I thought the guy in front was going to take the lot but thankfully he left a couple ! I guess you have to be very early to get some of the offers at Lidl !
  • piggydude
    piggydude Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Lidl motorcycle gear

This was available last week, and seems to come around fairly often.

Gloves £12.99 - I bought 3 pairs (for me, my wife and son) and they look like pretty good quality for the price. I haven't tested them in bad weather yet, and fortunately haven't fallen off to test abrasion resistance, but they are certainly very comfortable.

Kidney belt £2.99 is very good. Helps keep your core warm and stops draughts up your back.

Tank bag (forgotten the price) works well. It's magnetic, so is only suitable for bikes with metal tanks.
  • stamford
    stamford Posts: 5,175 Forumite
    Options
    Lidl - Coffee Whitener 250g jar 49p
  • zappomatic
    zappomatic Posts: 616 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Kilo of granny smith apples (pre-packed in either 6s or 8s) 59p!

Net of 4 lemons 14p!

Melons 29p!

And more.

(My fruit bowl and fridge are now heaving with fruit ready for eating and making smoothies)
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I hardly ever go to Lidl - it is a bit further than the other supermarkets but popped in today to look for gardening bargins.
    I was amazed by the fruit and veg - I tend to buy organic - it was so cheap and all soil association approved. Tastes great - bananas were fine, but as my family have eaten the whole bunch we do not have the problem of what they will be like in a couple of days:rotfl:
    Brought non organic plums - 44p a bag amazing and they are already ripe not rock solid.

I will be becoming a regular!
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • needmoney
    needmoney Posts: 4,932 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I hardly ever go to Lidl - it is a bit further than the other supermarkets but popped in today to look for gardening bargins.
    I was amazed by the fruit and veg - I tend to buy organic - it was so cheap and all soil association approved. Tastes great - bananas were fine, but as my family have eaten the whole bunch we do not have the problem of what they will be like in a couple of days:rotfl:
    Brought non organic plums - 44p a bag amazing and they are already ripe not rock solid.

I will be becoming a regular!

I was just coming here to post a similar post.

I may have said it here before but I'm finding more and more I prefer Lidl's fruit and veg than the leading supermarkets.

I know it sounds silly but it smells and tastes like fruit and veg. I've seen people complain that it doesn't keep as well as from other stores but fruit and veg are perishable not supposed to last very long are they.

I bought the plums too but haven't tried them yet. I also rung Lidl quite a while ago and they said they don't do any GM foods either. I can't get on with their potatoes though or they're milk and cream.
    Women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs should get used to it.;)
    Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Dee140157
    Dee140157 Posts: 2,864 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I am getting into a habit of going into Lidl more and more often these days. Usually for one or two bits and spend about £25!! However as a result I am spending a lot less at Mr Ts. I made one mistake today though. I Bought one of their 5 x 40G packs of white chocolate for £1. I thought if I bought small bars of white choc, which I like less than millk choc, I would not succumb so easily to temptation. However I tried one today. Oh dear. It is so delicious. It tastes so much like proper Milky Bar chocolate, I had to eat another bar. I really must not go back to Lidl for another week!!!

My favourites from there are:
    White choc (5 x 40g bars)
    Coleslaw- low cal and ordinary
    Cloudy Apple Juice
    Tortilla wraps
    All the fruit and veg
    Pain au chocolat. (So convenient for my daughter)
    I could go on......
    Newbie thread: go to the top of this page and find these words: Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking. Click on words Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking. Newbie thread is the first post. Blue New Thread button is just above it to left.
  • amaialondon
    Options
    Lidl have a sewing machine at the moment for £39.99. My mother got one last year and she love it so i got one today. Next time that she come to visit me there will not be more excuses for not doing my living room curtains :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • mummysdragon
    Options
    piggydude wrote: »
    Lidl motorcycle gear

This was available last week, and seems to come around fairly often.

Gloves £12.99 - I bought 3 pairs (for me, my wife and son) and they look like pretty good quality for the price. I haven't tested them in bad weather yet, and fortunately haven't fallen off to test abrasion resistance, but they are certainly very comfortable.

Kidney belt £2.99 is very good. Helps keep your core warm and stops draughts up your back.

Tank bag (forgotten the price) works well. It's magnetic, so is only suitable for bikes with metal tanks.

Last year mny hubby and I purchased 2 pairs of motorbike trousers and a 2 jackets from Netto, I must say they really are good and have kept me warm when we have ventured out and the weather has turned.
    I wonder if they are the same makes as yours??? I am sure both shops have a connection somewhere.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure