Pushchair to fit in the boot of a 107/C1/Aygo

Options
1235»

Comments

• ludiq
    ludiq Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hello,
    I am a proud owner of a 107, already have a 5yo girl who needs to take along all her paraphernalia, 2 car-seats and needed to fit a real stroller in the boot.
    I was going for the Zapp, then read this thread and had a store assistant help me try to fit the Buzz: it does fit greatly!! It is actually better than I thought: I leave the stroller seat on, street facing mode, remove the back wheels and fit it at the front seat well (seat is pushed backwards), where the baby car-seat is.
    The boot is then empty enough to fit groceries, my elder girl roller blades, and whichever else I may need, with my hubby driving and me in the back seat:T
    When baby's car-seat will have to go in the back, I can put the frame with the 2 back wheels (removed) in the boot, and the stroller seat between the 2 carseats.
    I haven't tried yet, but I may be able to fit it with wheels on in the foot well of the back seat... just need to push the front seat forward.
    I just love my car, and now my second hand Buzz as well!
    Thanks a lot to you for your advices, still very precious after such a long time!!
  • SkintGypsy
    SkintGypsy Posts: 580 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    My Seat Arosa has a 130l boot capacity and we even managed to fit a montain buggy in with one wheel off. Actually quite a lot fit, and not the ones you'd think! I can't fit umbrella fold buggys in because they are too long and are longer than the diagonal length of my boot. We have just bought the Maxi Cosi Mura. It's massive! I will need to put the seat unit in the front footwell if I have both kids, but the wheels fit fine in the boot because of the way it folds.
    Debt free as of July 2010 :j
    £147,174.00/£175,000
    Eating an elephant, one bite at a time
    £147,000 in 100 months!
  • jgtain
    jgtain Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    hi there

can you or anyone advise if the Bebe confort Loola fits into the Citroen c1 boot ?
  • Nic_298
    Options
    Just thought I'd add a wee bit of xtra info on this thread. I have a toyota aygo 3 door and have had a few pushchairs in it, the biggest was the mamas and papas ultima 8 in 1 classic chassis (the one with the 4 big wheels , non swivel) it's not the easiest to fit in but managable! Just take 2 wheels off one side so it fits with the wheels on in bottom of the boot and other 2 slip in next to it (door won't close with the wheels on the top side) then the seat unit sits in seat next to baby (we always belted in to make it extra safe). There was a wee bit of space around the chassis in the boot for bags however a bit of a tight squeeze - not suitable for large bags! By the time I had baby in car he'd grown out of the carrycot bit so not sure if that would've fit in but maybe it could be sat in seat same as the seat unit.

Also had the latest model of the mothercare jive which fits perfectly with plenty of space to put extra bags on top. The maclaren triumph also fits in but is a bit longer than jive so has to be put at a bit of an angle so is a wee bit more awkward fitting bags around it but still possible.

Am intrigued to know if anyone's managed to fit the Babystyle Oyster into the car? Also been looking at the stokke xplory and keep trying to convince myself it could be squeezed in somehow although I think I'm kidding myself there!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    With respect to the OP, i've only read page 1 of this thread, as i'm tired and i really want to go to bed soon (well it is nearly 11pm), but before you get too hung about your car and what pram/buggy you can fit in it, i'd wait until your pregnant and a good way through before making these decisions.

From exp i've found designs are constantly changing and manufacturers change their models yearly, just to update/refresh them and call them new or "this seasons".

You have at least 6 months assuming you get pregnant immediately before you need to consider this. I'd be spending my time on saving money up for mat leave and trying to cut other bills/costs, enabling that part of your life to be easier.

I say this in the context that you said your planning on having a baby and keeping your car, again with respect, things change, what we think will happen and what actually does, can often be v different. i'd hedge your bets, wait till things become more definite, save as much as possible and don't plan too far in advance.

Chances are the model you really like now, will be cheaper and on ebay next year due to the latest models arriving on scene. Sorry i know your not planning on buying, just researching, just find it strange that your doing that despite not being pregnant yet. No wish to offend.f
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    my apologies to the op, having read a prev post, i've realised your first post is quite old now.

anyway, did you have a baby and if so what did you go with?
  • delain
    delain Posts: 7,700 Forumite
    Options
    I've had to laugh reading this and all the tales of people dismantling buggies into their component parts and ramming them wherever they will fit in to the car, and seeming quite happy to do so :rotfl: are you guys mad, or what?
    Mum of several with a twisted sense of humour and a laundry obsession :o:o
  • LilacPixie
    LilacPixie Posts: 8,052 Forumite
    Options
    I am shocked at the idea of a baby in a C1. I have a signum ( bit like a vectra on steroids) and I moan that that is too small. hehehe I guess I have it easy
    MF aim 10th December 2020 :j:eek:
    MFW 2012 no86 OP 0/2000 :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills