We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Boosting your Tesco Clubcard Points Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    flea72 wrote: »
    nowhere are you led to think you are ordering a venue specific voucher. online you have full access to the T&C that state they can be used against other deals, and also in the literature that is sent with the deals vouchers on how they can be used, it again states they are not venue specific. how can tesco make it any any clearer?

as for the vouchers having to be venue specific at issue, i would say its just a marketing tool, so tesco and the companies who take part in the scheme can see what the correlation is between what people order, and then actually use the vouchers against. however alot of the newer participants in the scheme are opting for venue specific vouchers

F

Yes if you look in the T&Cs (as I have recently done) it does state that you can use the vouchers elsewhere, but I'm certain I'm not the only one that thought by selecting a particular restaurant voucher, I was limited to that restaurant. Anyway as I said, we live and learn, I realise now that I can use them in a number of places.
  • josie
    josie Posts: 3,107 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    jamieoo77 wrote: »
    I take it your not a fan of wombling no1catman.
    By "dealt with" i meant what do they do? how do they find out ect? I know that theres a few people that are against wombling and its debated at great length in the wombling thread. Im just looking for advice on how to safely exploit the loophole without being banned from clubcard.

jamie, I think you just kind of have to do trial and error with the understanding that you could potentially be risking the points you've got. So, if you think it worth the risk, it's up to you, but people who have had them removed in the past really took the mick and we're talking 100s if not 1000s of points.

I do womble whenever I find a receipt, mainly only if it's more than about 20 points and I rotate the card I get it added on to, so as not to attract attention.

People will get worked up on here about what is and isn't fraud. If you want a long read, look at the Tesco threads when they used to do R&R (refund and retain). Lots of us, me included would go into a store looking for things that were priced wrong, buy them and get a refund, so getting the product for free, as you got your money back as well. No one could get consensus on here as to whether that was fraud or not.

I guess wombling is more clear cut, because you are committing fraud, getting something you aren't actually entitled to by deception - i.e. making out it was your receipt, but it doesn't stop lots of us doing it!

There was talk of someone being visited by the police as they wombled a receipt that had been used by a stolen credit card! Even then though, they explained and no action was taken, by the police or Tesco. I don't think the police even informed Tesco - not really on their radar. You'd have to pretty unlucky for that to happen again I reckon!

I've read somewhere that you can have 6 clubcards per household, cat, dog, hamster etc., oops, that'd be fraud, I mean all 6 members of your household! ;) If you want my personal opinion, I'd go ahead, but probably up to only a max of 3-4 per card per month, if that's any help, but it is just a personal opinion, not that I'm advocating fraud or anything, heaven help! :D
  • jamieoo77
    jamieoo77 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    josie wrote: »
    jamie, I think you just kind of have to do trial and error with the understanding that you could potentially be risking the points you've got. So, if you think it worth the risk, it's up to you, but people who have had them removed in the past really took the mick and we're talking 100s if not 1000s of points.

I do womble whenever I find a receipt, mainly only if it's more than about 20 points and I rotate the card I get it added on to, so as not to attract attention.

People will get worked up on here about what is and isn't fraud. If you want a long read, look at the Tesco threads when they used to do R&R (refund and retain). Lots of us, me included would go into a store looking for things that were priced wrong, buy them and get a refund, so getting the product for free, as you got your money back as well. No one could get consensus on here as to whether that was fraud or not.

I guess wombling is more clear cut, because you are committing fraud, getting something you aren't actually entitled to by deception - i.e. making out it was your receipt, but it doesn't stop lots of us doing it!

There was talk of someone being visited by the police as they wombled a receipt that had been used by a stolen credit card! Even then though, they explained and no action was taken, by the police or Tesco. I don't think the police even informed Tesco - not really on their radar. You'd have to pretty unlucky for that to happen again I reckon!

I've read somewhere that you can have 6 clubcards per household, cat, dog, hamster etc., oops, that'd be fraud, I mean all 6 members of your household! ;) If you want my personal opinion, I'd go ahead, but probably up to only a max of 3-4 per card per month, if that's any help, but it is just a personal opinion, not that I'm advocating fraud or anything, heaven help! :D

Josie thanks! Thats just the kind of thing i was looking for. I was at tesco today and found 3 reciepts worth over 100 points. So they will be getting added real soon lol. I also found a till spit for tesco low fat cheese worth 50 points. Do i need to buy the cheese in order to get the points or is it possible just to scan it on the self service tills and get the points without buying the product. Ive heard about people doing this on here. Can you do it with the points coupons they send you? i.e not buy something but claim the points as if you did? do people do this with vouchers? yeah thanks ill check out the r&r stuff ive also heard a bit about this on here but didnt really know what it was. I dont have any problem with wombling either, its all going to rack up in airmiles:D
  • ruthiejane
    ruthiejane Posts: 1,217 Forumite
    Options
    jamieoo77 wrote: »
    Josie thanks! Thats just the kind of thing i was looking for. I was at tesco today and found 3 reciepts worth over 100 points. So they will be getting added real soon lol. I also found a till spit for tesco low fat cheese worth 50 points. Do i need to buy the cheese in order to get the points or is it possible just to scan it on the self service tills and get the points without buying the product. Ive heard about people doing this on here. Can you do it with the points coupons they send you? i.e not buy something but claim the points as if you did? do people do this with vouchers? yeah thanks ill check out the r&r stuff ive also heard a bit about this on here but didnt really know what it was. I dont have any problem with wombling either, its all going to rack up in airmiles:D
    R&R policy has changed, not worth it anymore

Tesco points or money off coupons, whether till spits, from Tesco magazines or from the mailings you ahve to buy the products, even on the self service tills. Sometimes you can use money off vouchers from manufacturers in self service tills if you didn't buy the product but they've cracked down a lot on this due to fraud. The self service tills at our local Tesco you can now scan a maximum of 2 coupons, then they come over and have to approve what you are using, sometimes they open the box and check what you ahve already put in there too.

Sorry but you've come into all this too late... most of the loop holes have been filled as Tesco realise how much money they've lost due to people using them.
    ilovefreegle.org - give it away don't throw it away :)
  • suisidevw
    suisidevw Posts: 2,256 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me whether the offer of 1000 points for a £50 online spend is still avialable.... it was the offer that was in Martins email last week?

Many thanks
    Sam
  • VoucherMan
    VoucherMan Posts: 2,772 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    suisidevw wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me whether the offer of 1000 points for a £50 online spend is still avialable
    Sam
    New customers who haven’t ordered groceries online from Tesco* before can get 1,000 extra points when you spend £50 or more until Thurs 17 June. Just enter the code XXKWMB at the checkout – delivery is £4 - £6.
    Unfortunately the code's valid for new Tesco online customers only - if you are an existing customer and try the code it's possible you may get the message 'all the codes have now run out' rather than you're not eligible for the code.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/discount-voucher-codes#tescopoints

Why not add a basketfull & try the code.
  • marie-moo-moo
    Options
    got my groceries delivered on tuesday and i got my 1000 points added today,i have bought from tesco but never groceries so i got my points and got £10 from topcashback for 1st grocery shop on line.

It did say over £50 spend but i got all special offers,tesco dont take all money off offers eg...buy 1 get 1 free or 3 for 2 ect... until you get your bill...so.......when i got my bill it deducted £22.?? off my £50 spend and they price matched 1 item which i did'nt accept,so got a £4.64 refund.....so my bill with delivery was only about £27ish(£3delivery between 9-11pm,but they came at 9.20pm so not so bad)and i did this twice because i opened 1 more account..so....2x1000 points and 2x£10 cashback
  • Storck
    Storck Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did you have to use two different clubcards to get it twice or just two different on line accounts?
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Can I ask for peoples take on this one. not wombling. I know someone who shops at Tesco's, but their other half loathes Tesco's so they will not have a Clubcard. The person quite happily gives me their receipt(s) which I then stick on my clubcard - Suppose it is a bit similar to being stuck behind someone in a queue who doesn't have a clubcard and giving them yours?
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • YORKSHIRE_GUY
    Options
    steve1500 wrote: »
    Can I ask for peoples take on this one. not wombling. I know someone who shops at Tesco's, but their other half loathes Tesco's so they will not have a Clubcard. The person quite happily gives me their receipt(s) which I then stick on my clubcard - Suppose it is a bit similar to being stuck behind someone in a queue who doesn't have a clubcard and giving them yours?

Why not get the one the friend to have a joint ClubCard with you?
    But remember to buy them a bottle from duty free if you use them for holidays. :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport