Boosting your Tesco Clubcard Points Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• Damon1978
    Damon1978 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    Storck wrote: »
    Only if you give them your clubcard, or the person types your clubcard details in from your receipt. If asked just say you have forgotten your card. Chances of having the extra points removed are very slim.

yep took the dvd back unopened and gave me the cash back and didnt even mention the clubcard. so guess its down to each store if there picky or not.

cheers all for the advice tho :)
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No1catman

Can you please answer this for me.

Some posters have taken unopened cds/dvds back to Tesco and have been given a refund.I however was told at my Tesco that it is company policy not to refund or exchange and if faulty only an exchange given for the same item(no refund)I was referred to the notice behind customer services.Can you tell me why this is please that some do and some dont.

Thanks very much.
  • dickieg
    dickieg Posts: 725 Forumite
    Options
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    I was referred to the notice behind customer services.
    Interesting they always seem to point to the board when it suits them, but never when it concerns the bit where it says " And if things dont add up "
  • POPPYOSCAR
    Options
    dickieg wrote: »
    Interesting they always seem to point to the board when it suits them, but never when it concerns the bit where it says " And if things dont add up "

How true that is!!!
  • Damon1978
    Options
    No1catman

Some posters have taken unopened cds/dvds back to Tesco and have been given a refund.I however was told at my Tesco that it is company policy not to refund or exchange and if faulty only an exchange given for the same item(no refund)I was referred to the notice behind customer services.Can you tell me why this is please that some do and some dont.

Thanks very much.

i guess its just the luck of the draw, if you get a spotty 16 year old who is only there to get some pennies for saturday nights then i guess he will just refund it, where as you get some old man who hates the youth and loves the slight power his job gives him and will point blank refuse.
  • terryw
    terryw Posts: 4,396 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Damon1978 wrote: »
    a spotty 16 year old who is only there to get some pennies for saturday nights.

You are being spottist! I would give my life-savings to be a spotty sixteen-year-old again.:D
    "If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools"
    Extract from "If" by Rudyard Kipling
  • LouiseJ
    LouiseJ Posts: 11,156 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone buying luggage for their hols there are a selection on Tesco direct site which have 300 or 500 bonus points

bought 2 x cases costing £48 collected 900 points = £36 in deals.

Not bad I thought.
    But these things take time, I know that I'm, the most inept that ever stepped.
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    No1catman

Some posters have taken unopened cds/dvds back to Tesco and have been given a refund.I however was told at my Tesco that it is company policy not to refund or exchange and if faulty only an exchange given for the same item(no refund)I was referred to the notice behind customer services.Can you tell me why this is please that some do and some dont. Thanks very much.

I'm no 'expert' in this area, but a couple of things occur.

1) First you need a receipt - though this may sound obvious, without a receipt - unfortunately others suffer as a result of shoplifting!
    2) I think the is a 28 day period when you should be able to return items. The theory being that you should know by then if it is what you want or not.
    Otherwise, variations may occur with the level of knowledge that staff have at that moment in time!
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • Damon1978
    Options
    terryw wrote: »
    You are being spottist! I would give my life-savings to be a spotty sixteen-year-old again.:D

hehe :) :j
  • POPPYOSCAR
    Options
    no1catman wrote: »
    I'm no 'expert' in this area, but a couple of things occur.

1) First you need a receipt - though this may sound obvious, without a receipt - unfortunately others suffer as a result of shoplifting!
    2) I think the is a 28 day period when you should be able to return items. The theory being that you should know by then if it is what you want or not.
    Otherwise, variations may occur with the level of knowledge that staff have at that moment in time!

Thanks

1. yes I understand this, I always keep the receipt.
    2. yes I always return within the 28 day timescale.

With respect the level of the knowledge of the staff is down to Tesco training. I personally dont think Tesco should put staff on customer services who are not fully trained. Take DTD for instance sometimes you have to argue for it even when its written on the board behind them!!

I used to buy a lot of dvds/cds instore but when they started this policy I started to buy more online and always if it is a present.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure