Boosting your Tesco Clubcard Points Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• dustystar02
    dustystar02 Posts: 1,461 Forumite
    Options
    Hope you guys can help.
    I'm planning on getting the new ihone4 with Tesco which will cost me £229.
    I have a clubcard which I never use cos we don't have a local Tesco (although one opening i August :j)

Are there any vouchers, codes that I can download to boost my points?

Any help gratefully received.
  • Damon1978
    Damon1978 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    Hey guys, just a quick question. If you buy a cd/dvd that you had a voucher to gain 150 extra points with and return them do they take off the full 170 points ie 150 extra and 20 for double points on the 10er, or just the 20 points or best of leave your points and just give you your money back?

cheers in advanced Damo :)
  • Bookworm63
    Bookworm63 Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    Options
    Damon1978 wrote: »
    Hey guys, just a quick question. If you buy a cd/dvd that you had a voucher to gain 150 extra points with and return them do they take off the full 170 points ie 150 extra and 20 for double points on the 10er, or just the 20 points or best of leave your points and just give you your money back?

In line with most retailers, they don't give refunds on CDs or DVDs unless faulty.

HTH
  • Littlesusie_2
    Options
    Bookworm63 wrote: »
    In line with most retailers, they don't give refunds on CDs or DVDs unless faulty.

HTH

My daughter got 2 copies of the same dvd for her birthday and tesco gave us a refund. The cellophane was still intact so it was obvious it hadn't been watched. If it's been opened then they won't do it.
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Damon1978 wrote: »
    Any points allocated to a sale, will be deducted if the item of the sale is returned for credit.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • Damon1978
    Damon1978 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    no1catman wrote: »
    Any points allocated to a sale, will be deducted if the item of the sale is returned for credit.

ahh cheers guys, was just a thought will give them away as presents :)
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My daughter got 2 copies of the same dvd for her birthday and tesco gave us a refund. The cellophane was still intact so it was obvious it hadn't been watched. If it's been opened then they won't do it.

You were very lucky. Our Tesco will not do this "against their policy"
    even if unopened! This is one of the reasons I dont buy these things instore anymore.If I buy online I can return for any reason.
  • Littlesusie_2
    Options
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    You were very lucky. Our Tesco will not do this "against their policy"
    even if unopened! This is one of the reasons I dont buy these things instore anymore.If I buy online I can return for any reason.

Thanks. I'll bear that in mind next time.
  • Storck
    Storck Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    no1catman wrote: »

Only if you give them your clubcard, or the person types your clubcard details in from your receipt. If asked just say you have forgotten your card. Chances of having the extra points removed are very slim.
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,318 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Storck wrote: »
    Only if you give them your clubcard, or the person types your clubcard details in from your receipt.

Also if you havepaid with a clubcard credit card - refund has to go back on card so points deducted automatically
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £460
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business