Boosting your Tesco Clubcard Points Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• Mumto2
    Mumto2 Posts: 1,348 Forumite
    Options
    Why not get the one the friend to have a joint ClubCard with you?
    But remember to buy them a bottle from duty free if you use them for holidays. :beer:
    You could easily give them one of the keyfob clubcard thingys as it doesn't have a name on it.
    That's a kind friend you have!
    Now proud Mumto3 :j
  • want2Bdebtfree
    Options
    My mother lives in Durham and I live in Cambridge, she has a key fob of mine to use. However I sometimes wonder if Mr T will ask how I can be in Durham and Cambridge at the same time! It has not happened yet though.
    PayPal £247.62 Amazon £495.80 cheque £62.41 Love2Shop £90 Bank Transfer £190 Nectar points £55.00 eMasterCard £600
    From:- Swagbucks, Valued Opinions, inbox pounds, Quidco, Royal Mail survey,YouGov, e-rewards,IPOS I-Say, Insite Consulting, Toluna UK, People for research :T
  • Ziggy_Stardust
    Ziggy_Stardust Posts: 1,418 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    My mother lives in Durham and I live in Cambridge, she has a key fob of mine to use. However I sometimes wonder if Mr T will ask how I can be in Durham and Cambridge at the same time! It has not happened yet though.

You could always say your OH works away a lot ;)
  • sgolfguy
    sgolfguy Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry bit new to Clubcard Points. Am I right in understanding that if you find someone else's receipt you can somehow get their clubcard points?
  • Biscuitlover
    Options
    sgolfguy wrote: »
    Sorry bit new to Clubcard Points. Am I right in understanding that if you find someone else's receipt you can somehow get their clubcard points?

As far as I'm aware its only if they have paid in cash. you can take it to customer services and they credit your account.
    wins 2011 - £10 Asda gift card, 1k, burberry perfume, dolce gusto coffee capsules, 6months worth of Kelloggs Crunchy bites, M&S handbag, lego toy, SkyRim t-shirt
    :beer:
  • jamieoo77
    jamieoo77 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    No you can do it with any reciept. from what ive read about this you genrally only get flagged when someone instore like customer service reports you for wombling. One of the customer service girls gave me a little bit of a funny look when i was walking past, checking who was on the desk. I decided not to risk it and will add my wombled reciepts at another tesco.
  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,944 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    As far as I'm aware its only if they have paid in cash. you can take it to customer services and they credit your account.

I wouldn't think so... You mean because the card for payment would have been registered in different name? What if people don't get married? They have different names but still can have just one family Tesco account.. ?
  • Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 11,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Because if you used 20 different bank cards to pay all in different names it doesn't take a genius to smell a rat.
    Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81
    Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,944 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dinah93 wrote: »
    Because if you used 20 different bank cards to pay all in different names it doesn't take a genius to smell a rat.

No, but it would take a pretty genius system to discover that in the millions of transactions that go through the system every hour...

I personally wouldn't risk it but there are people who do....
  • Storck
    Storck Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It is more about people on your local CSD noticing that you always turn up with random receipts than the receipts having different bank cards.
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure