🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Boosting your Tesco Clubcard Points Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• jamieoo77
    jamieoo77 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys im new to this forum, but i think its great. Ive just finished reading the wombling thread, very funny! It just sort of stopped though in 2008 but it ran for 2 years if you havent checked it out i recommended it. There is a couple of mentions about wombling on this thread so i thought id ask my question on here.

Ive just started wombling after someone told me about it, though at the time i didnt know that was its name. I think it brilliant! like finding money on the floor lol I got a 234 point reciept the other day. Basicly id like some advice. how many reciepts is it safe to womble? and how often? Is it best to do it on mulitiple clubcardcards? How many clubcards can one address have? That sort of thing. And if anyone knows how its dealt with at tesco HQ how they find out ect? Would all help with my wombling education. And if anyones got funny wombling stories. There are some great ones on the wombling thread but now over 2 years old old. Thanks!
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Bookworm63 wrote: »
    It's in the additional information link at the bottom of the chosen reward:

We hope you enjoy the Clubcard reward that you have chosen. However, if you would prefer to use your rewards tokens for an alternative reward, these tokens can be used as full or part payment for any partner reward (excluding those with the "Buy in Full" logo, Goldsmiths, Hotels and Holidays) However the terms and conditions relating to the selected reward will also apply[FONT=Verdana,Verdana][FONT=Verdana,Verdana]. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Verdana]
    [/FONT]

Sorry I am confused here.

You say that days out tokens can be used for Siblu but here it says that holidays are excluded.Isn't Siblu holidays?
  • Littlesusie_2
    Options
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »

You say that days out tokens can be used for Siblu but here it says that holidays are excluded.Isn't Siblu holidays?

I think you may be right. The holiday tokens are differnt to the day out ones. They have a place for you to write you holiday booking details in . & they also come in much higher denominations than the days out ones. I usually get £10 days out tokens but the holiday ones come in £50 or £100 denominations. The administration would be a nightmare if someone were to pay for a family holiday that runs into £1000's in £10 vouchers
  • POPPYOSCAR
    Options
    I think you may be right. The holiday tokens are differnt to the day out ones. They have a place for you to write you holiday booking details in . & they also come in much higher denominations than the days out ones. I usually get £10 days out tokens but the holiday ones come in £50 or £100 denominations. The administration would be a nightmare if someone were to pay for a family holiday that runs into £1000's in £10 vouchers

Yes thats what I thought.

It would be interesting to hear from someone who has actually done this.i.e. used days out tokens for holidays.
  • Bookworm63
    Bookworm63 Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    Options

That was taken from one of the restaurant tokens. In general, tokens which are not 'Buy In Full' can be used for other deals which are not 'Buy In Full', but exclusions apply and you need to check the additional information for the rewards you have to see what else they can be used for. In the past I have used bowling vouchers for a trip to Wicksteed Park, and most of the restaurant tokens are usable in any of the restaurant deals, but you need to check first as there are some exclusions.

Just had a look at the Siblu deal and it says:

Did you know? - Holiday Tokens can be used for any holiday company in rewards, or for any rewards that aren’t “buy in full”.

So it would seem that the same would apply to Holiday Tokens.

HTH
  • POPPYOSCAR
    Options
    Why is this so confusing? Why have they got different codes? Why don't tesco just be done with it and issue A Reward token useable anywhere? makes no sense.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    Options
    Bookworm63 wrote: »
    That was taken from one of the restaurant tokens. In general, tokens which are not 'Buy In Full' can be used for other deals which are not 'Buy In Full', but exclusions apply and you need to check the additional information for the rewards you have to see what else they can be used for. In the past I have used bowling vouchers for a trip to Wicksteed Park, and most of the restaurant tokens are usable in any of the restaurant deals, but you need to check first as there are some exclusions.

Just had a look at the Siblu deal and it says:

Did you know? - Holiday Tokens can be used for any holiday company in rewards, or for any rewards that aren’t “buy in full”.

So it would seem that the same would apply to Holiday Tokens.

HTH

But we are talking about using days out tokens for holidays not holiday ones for other holidays etc. As someone has pointed out the holiday tokens usually have an instruction on them for you to put a booking reference no. on so if you were to use days out ones you would not be able to do this.
  • cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,625 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Why is this so confusing? Why have they got different codes? Why don't tesco just be done with it and issue A Reward token useable anywhere? makes no sense.

I agree completely. I've only found out in the past few months that the tokens can be used elsewhere... in the past, I've had "La Tasca" vouchers or "Pizza Express" vouchers that I've ended up not using as I thought they had to be used at those specific restaurants, and I didn't get chance to use them before they expired. I've only recently learned that I could have a) used them for a number of different things, not just restaurants, and b) sent them back to have the points re-credited!!! :mad: Oh well, we live and learn. At least I know now!!!

I do think they should just issue reward vouchers though rather than leading you to think you are ordering a specific token.
  • ruthber
    ruthber Posts: 270 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    cagsd wrote: »
    OMG I can't believe the way some SA's speak to customers - anyone would think they were paying for the extra 1 point themselves!!! Our Tesco's record for awarding green points varies between "not bad" (SA "forgets" to add them but I go to CS desk and get them added on no problem) to "excellent" ( I get given more points than I 've used bags, without asking for them!)
    yesterday in Tesco i spent about £25 (would have been about £30 but some items were reduced). i said to the SA that i had 7/8 bags and he acted very suprised. I asked him to take a look in the trolley and he admonished me for not filling the bags to the full. He said i only spent £25 so how come i needed so many bags. i was furious. it is as if he is calling me cheat. it is not coming out of his bl00dy pocket, is it?
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    jamieoo77 wrote: »
    Ive just started wombling after someone told me about it, though at the time i didnt know that was its name. I think it brilliant! like finding money on the floor lol I got a 234 point reciept the other day. Basicly id like some advice. how many reciepts is it safe to womble? and how often? Is it best to do it on mulitiple clubcardcards? How many clubcards can one address have? That sort of thing. And if anyone knows how its dealt with at tesco HQ how they find out ect?
    Dealt with? Being banned, quite likely a store will notice 'abuse' of the system, and ask Clubcard to have the card holder banned. Or Clubcard, may notice irregular activity and fine you - a large deduction of points.
    CSDs adding points, is for people who have forgotten their clubcards, or lost them and just the had new ones. Probably because of people trawling (wombling) for receipts with unattached points, it's meant such adjustments are usually limited to two receipts.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family