Cheap Airport Parking Discussion

Options

Comments

• N9eav
    N9eav Posts: 4,742 Forumite
    edited 2 January 2014 at 7:19AM
    Options
    Anyone use the Purple meet and greet at Heathrow? I see that Premier inn have a room and 15 days parking with the above company for £108. Take off the room £29 and it makes a fairly good deal for the meet an greet. (mid Feb 2014) Just a bit concerned about giving my car to a complete stranger.

It seems that hotel and parking, separate hotel and park at another car park are all much the same price anyway. Just the meet and greet luxury or not as the case might be.
    NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!
  • bunty109
    bunty109 Posts: 1,265 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    N9eav wrote: »
    Anyone use the Purple meet and greet at Heathrow? I see that Premier inn have a room and 15 days parking with the above company for £108. Take off the room £29 and it makes a fairly good deal for the meet an greet. (mid Feb 2014) Just a bit concerned about giving my car to a complete stranger.

It seems that hotel and parking, separate hotel and park at another car park are all much the same price anyway. Just the meet and greet luxury or not as the case might be.

Used them and can thoroughly recommend. Usually drop car to them and do the meet and greet on return. Always good.
    MFW 2019#24 £9474.89/£11000 MFW 2018#24 £23025.41/£15000
    MFi3 v5 #53 £12531/
    MFi3 v4 #53 £59442/£39387
  • Geoffrey_Coan
    Options
    N9eav wrote: »
    For a period of time I was flying out of Heathrow on an almost weekly basis to Italy, India and USA and I worked my way through most of the parking options.

Meet and greet is definitely a good option, if you pre book it then its often considerably cheaper than on site parking plus if the company is good then you've no waiting or long bus transfers either.

Purple is in my view one of the better valet parking services, they're always waiting there waiting for you to drop the car off (others I have sometimes had to wait) and I've also found that they also get the car back before you do. Many of the budget valet services require you to phone when you have collected your luggage and its only then that they bring the car to the airport - result is you end up waiting for them to drive to meet you. I've got around this by phoning the moment that I land and get off the plane but with Purple they watch the flight arrivals and ensure that your car is waiting for you - precisely the service you are looking for!

However Purple is expensive and the quoted price for 2 weeks valet service isn't particularly brilliant. 2 weeks valet service should be about £80 - use any of the comparator services available from topcashback or quidco to find the cheapest deal.

Also do try checking onsite Heathrow parking. If you prebook then for some of the terminals it can be of a comparable price to the valet service. I've had 5 days at T3 short stay for £60 in the past - never ever just turn up though, the parking price would easily be £100 more.
    I'd be happier on holiday in Brittany than being at work !
  • N9eav
    Options
    I was only going for the purple deal as it was combined with a £29 Premier Inn room to make a good deal. But when I went to book, Premier Inn and parking deal had risen by £60. So It's Travelodge £20 a room and NCP Terminal 1-3 for £65 (13 days) with 16% Topcashback to come... It seems that which ever way I looked at it, they all came out about the same in the end from whatever 'saver' company I went through.
    NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!
  • garysolo
    Options
    I haven't had to pay for airport parking for ages. All I do is book a holiday through my travel agents and, once I've agreed a deal and just before paying, I ask if they will throw in a free Skyparks reservation for the holiday I've just booked. They've always done it for me. So no fee. Free parking by lateral thinking!
  • N9eav
    Options
    garysolo wrote: »
    I haven't had to pay for airport parking for ages. All I do is book a holiday through my travel agents and, once I've agreed a deal and just before paying, I ask if they will throw in a free Skyparks reservation for the holiday I've just booked. They've always done it for me. So no fee. Free parking by lateral thinking!

A lot depends on what you paid for the holiday in the first place. My recent experience with Thompson was their best flight price was £1450 to Orlando, yet most internet booking sites were £461.
    Of course if you are happy with your deal and can get something else thrown in, all well and good.
  • dollydosh
    dollydosh Posts: 102 Forumite
    Options
    If you are a member of the RAC you get a good discount with purple parking. Just enter RAC in the code box.
  • lynds
    lynds Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Hotel and parking for 2 adults and 4 children - East Midlands Airport
    We are struggling to find accommodation together for all 6 of us...can anyone help at all please? Failing that, we will have to book 2 rooms - if anyone can help in that regard it would also be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance! :j
  • danmoman
    Options
    Has anyone got any new codes? I have used ABC Gatwick who were great, but I just wandered if anyone had any other codes that I could use?
  • milliemc
    Options
    If you book a flight from Blackpool airport you can park for 15 days for free in two specific carparks on site, subject to availability.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback