PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Getting to know you........

Options

Comments

• loumac
    loumac Posts: 942 Forumite
    Options
    Ooh well I've been obsessed with this site for a couple of months now - though I registerd 12 months ago it took me a while to really explore - so I might as well join in properly and introduce myself.

I'm 25 and live with 2 cats in a 1 bed maisonette which I brought nearly 3 years ago.

I have been teaching since September and before that was a full time student for a year and before that worked full time in an office. Lots of changes in lifestyle and in financial comings and goings!

I plan to be as OS as possible in 2007 and have today bought stardrops and am now cooking a recipe which I found on this site. Such progress. :T

Thanks for everyone's support so far and no doubt into the new year! :beer:
    Wandered away from the MSE track for a while but am back and on a mission! Debts cleared nearly £18k. Now to start saving ...
  • midlandsfairy
    Options
    Hi All,

I'm 23, live in Worcester and teach adult learners. Have just moved to a bigger flat and am trying to pay off student loan hence why money saving!! Plus would like to be able to do more horse riding (more expensive hobby than I had hoped I'd find!) and have some more money to spend on books! Like loumac and several others am planning to be as OS as possible in 2007.

Thank you to everyone who has helped so far and Happy 2007 everyone!!

Lucy
    Very excited to be marrying my partner in crime for the last 7 years in September 2012 :j
    No longer a midlandsfairy... back living in the sunny south!
  • wearside_2
    wearside_2 Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I am a retired Civil Servant who works for an employment agency as a Temp. I have been placed at the same company for over two years, although I spend a few months each winter in our Florida home, where I am now.

I think that this site is the best financial site on the net:T :T and on the whole, the people I have come into contact with are great. Obviously there have been exceptions and unfortunately I have had to report an abusive foul mouthed private message received from an individual who did not like one of my posts:eek: .

I am always looking at ways of saving money and cannot understand why everyone does not feel the same. I get frustrated when people ask how I knew that, or how can they save money and do nothing when I tell them about Money Savin Expert.:confused: I use Quidco and The Mutual whenever I buy something online as I believe money is better in my pocket than in others!:j

I am spending a three day break over New Year in Melbourne in Florida, and as I will be unable to post, I want to wish all other MSE Members especially Martin Lewis, a very Happy New Year and all the best for 2007.:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
    To Dare is To Do:beer:
  • jennyjelly
    jennyjelly Posts: 1,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I work part time (3 days) as a finance officer in the Magistrates' Court (not as grand, interesting or well paid as it sounds) but would LOVE to give up. Make extra on the side making jewellery which I sell at fairs & through party plan, but it's very hit & miss so can't rely on it. Nine years left of mortgage - working to reduce it to four but mortgage pig not as full as we would like!

One husband, 2 sons (chalk and cheese - one focused 17 year old studying A levels and aiming for uni, one 15 year old goth dropout studying Marilyn Manson and work avoidance - but I love 'em both), one neurotic dog (GS/border collie cross - talk about psycho!), one normal cat, assorted gerbils, fish etc.

Have been OS all my life through necessity, but with mostly richer friends felt quite alone till I met you lot! lol :rotfl:
    Oh dear, here we go again.
  • Kazzajr
    Kazzajr Posts: 1,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hiya

Although I registered with this site ages ago I have only started accessing it regularly as I have only just got internet at home.

Im 24, have a 4 year old son. I am a student (only started Sept 06) and have decided I need to get a grip on my finances. New year new start for me - budgeting, meal planning, bargain hunting etc.

This site is great and cant believe I am only now discovering all the helpful info that is posted.

Thanks to all who are on hand with advice/deals etc.
  • lotties_mum
    Options
    I've been looking on the boards for ages but only just started posting, i'm married with two teenage children,1 boy,1 girl i work part time as a nursery nurse for surestart.
    :jWeight loss slimming world Starting weight 12st 2lbs. Target 10 st -4 -1 sts -1/2 -2 1/2
  • Mrs_Froogle
    Options
    I thought as I have bitten the bullet and posted (after nearly a year of lurking!) that I ought to introduce myself! I'm married with two dogs and three cats and live in deepest, darkest surrey. DH and I make our living by selling stuff on ebay and renovating houses which gives us a lovely life. Last year we bought a house in the South of France and are gradually doing that up. We said we wanted one that didn't need too much doing to it and ended up falling in love with one that needed a new roof so we are having to empty all our piggy banks to do the work!!

I've always been fairly OS (used to work for Trading Standards and saw far too much of what went into ready meals to want to go anywhere near them!!).
  • teedy23
    teedy23 Posts: 2,088 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    hi all, I,m a newly turned 50, quite new money saver, and disgusted at the money I,ve wasted in my life. So grateful to this site for the m/s tips as found it when I needed it most. Recently the victim of dirty tricks by ex partner and really in need of financial aid, by that I mean coping on my own so dont send cash, in less you really want to! Recently taken possesion of a nutty wee kitten who was dumped at 4 weeks and eats like 17 yr old boy, work full time with overtime for railway. All children grown and flown tho near enough to bring washing and eat dinners. still need to get myself disiplined enough to take the cheaper options and still enjoy life, but it,s always a wee bit harder. Hope all are succsesful and happy in the new year, and will accept free spelling lessons if anyone wants to teach. lol
    :T:jDabbler in all things moneysaving.Master of none:o

Well except mastered my mortgage 5 yrs early :T:j
    Street finds for 2018 £26:49.
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :o How did I miss this thread? Well seeing as it's been my second home since just before Christmas I best introduce myself.

Right well here goes, a little about me.

I live in the not so sunny north east, I am 28 and a SAHM due to medical reasons, DP is a taxi driver and studying, I have 2 sons (almost 6 and 8) my oldest has Autism and youngest is being assessed, they keep me busy to say the least, 2 dogs and a lovely lizard.

Why did I start here? Well after the illness I need to get my backside into gear, improve all the families lifestyles, and get my cluttered house sorted, aswell as being a bit more eco friendly, god I used more chemicals in my house than anything else, which I now know I don't need.

I figured the best way is back to basics, the Old Style way, I want to cook from scratch now I can manage to do so, reduce the amount of take aways, stop ready meals all together, and reduce what I spend each month on groceries and cleaning products.

Managed so far to cut my grocery bill back by over half in December by using what I had in and changing what I buy, same with the cleaning products, with help from this site and a few others. We're eating better and I have lost weight (even with it being Christmas etc) so I am going to go full steam ahead at it now the New Year is here.

I am wanting to start an open university course this year and need to get my life in some sort of order, and make some study space so I can. I want to be a teacher eventually so I am helping when I can at my sons school.

The clutters starting to clear, we've been doing several charity shop and tip runs, recycled what I could and filling 2 bins every week for 5 weeks!
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • Thrifty_sister_2
    Options
    Catering Manager at a school..in other words head dinner lady. So glad I got a job need to get back to work to get away from this new addiction MSE. My eyes need a rest from the PC
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure