PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Getting to know you........

Options

Comments

• tinselfairy
    Options
    Morning everyone

Been meaning to do this intro but get too easily sidetracked into reading other threads on the OS board, so am starting off here today.
    I live in Southampton, been married for 9 years and have one son aged 6. In March DH and I were approved to adopt for a second time and we are waiting to be matched with a little girl. When this happens I'll be taking a year off, 6 months paid and then 6 months unpaid, which will require some serious OS living.
    So pleased to have found this board full of wonderful people who are willing to share their ideas and give inspiration.
    ...it is not of more importance than daily life, which I have an enduring wish to make as useful and beautiful as possible.

Georgie Burne-Jones
  • Little_miss_neat
    Options
    Hi. Have been a lurker for a good while on the main MSE site and have only recently found the OS board. Have gained so much inspiration and already started using several cleaning tips and used some recipes so thanks to all of you.

I live in London and have 2 children (DD 4 years old and DS 2 years old). DH would love me to take up as many OS ideas as poss to save me spending so much!!
  • tiredmummy_3
    Options
    hi all,
    Look at the time, sposed to be up in a couple of hours, thought I would introduce myself, im 40work part time in the evening have 5 children ages 1 to 19 and a Lovely DH, oops musn't forget the two cats, have been lurking for a while now have the stardrops and the microfibre cloths, can't stop wiping things!!!

Been reading flylady tonight am feeling motivated to tackle my hotspot tomorrow, must go now time is marching on.
    Big hello to you all and thanks for all the tips.
  • dumpy
    dumpy Posts: 520 Forumite
    Options
    Opps only just seen this thread which as I have been posting for a while makes me feel like I haven't introduced myself properly.

I'm 34 (eeekkk, how did that happen I feel 21) I live with OH and his daughter. Been OS for years and I'm known in the family for my ability to make £1 do the work of £2.

I love cooking and craft stuff and have a house full of kits and materials for crafts. In fact I probably have enough to last me the rest of my life, but there is always another one to buy.....

I work full time and have a part time job as well but my plan is to pay the mortgage off in 10 years not 25 and so far I'm on target. I'm sooooo looking forward to not having to pay that amount each month.

My one weakness is that from a very early age I was a horse fanatic and I have two of these lovely animals now. Not very money saving but they bring me a huge amount of pleasure and relaxation. In my defence I don't smoke or drink and I rarely go out so they are my one treat (albiet a rather large one!)

So thats me!
  • kate1976
    kate1976 Posts: 2,021 Forumite
    Options
    May as well introduce myself after all this time!!

I'm 29 (30 in 4 days but that's when I'm going to start counting backwards!!) I have an 11 year old DS who is at the terrible pre-teen puberty stage, a 3 year old rescued dog who has a lot of issues (and hair) 2 guinea pigs who also have a lot of hair and like to mess their cage up daily and 2 fish who are the only quiet, clean ones in the house!!

I'm at college full time doing my level 3 medical secretary course, I also do a lot of running round for family, shopping etc! I am trying to get my house in order but not being the most organised or motivated person alive that is a huge task!

I love this site and the inspiration I've found for finances and housework is fantabulous, I'm now a lover of white vinegar :D I also seem to have a fetish for rubber gloves and don't do anything without them!!:rotfl:

I'd like to take this chance to say thanks to each and every person who show support to people on here, it's a great little community!
    Kate
    xxx
    :Axxx
    "A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather
    and ask for it back when it begins to rain."

Stay safe, stay sane, stay smiley!
  • CAFCGirl
    CAFCGirl Posts: 9,122 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Adding myself to the list.

I'm 22, full time assistant manager in the hell that is retail!
    Hope to find another job someday when I've figured out what I want to do with my life!
    Share a rented flatmate with a friend. BF of 18mnths, trying to pay off debts and this long loooooooooooooong journey to debt freedom! Then hopefully will have holiday of a lifetime to New York with the BF.

Spend pretty much all my free time mooching on MSE, when not being tempted by the evil that is Tesco! Am slowly becoming a bit more OS aware. LOVE food, and all that it entails!
    Other than that its the usual for me, music, films, craft hobbies such as dough craft, drawing and painting, as well as tryin to sell my soul on Ebay (any takers lol!)

Pleased to meet you all xx
    Manifesting Abundance in 2023
    Fashion On The Ration 2023 36/66
  • mrs_mix
    mrs_mix Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi my names Pam have 3 kids two boys 15 and 12 and one daughter who will be 7 next week married to Steve
    work part time as a dinner lady but giving it up in a few weeks due to ill health and other commitments mainly needing to keep a better eye on my dad who had a fall a week ago
    we also run our own buisness supplying kids amusments and candy floss to school fetes and villige fairs mostly at the weekends
    my OH owns his own lorry and delivers concrete for a big firm
    we also have a mad spriner spaniel named vinny who we got as gift after my 2 year old standard poodle died
    originally made my living as a chef

pam
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you

I am one of the English sexy Shelias
    I'm also a hussy
  • Shanes_Angel
    Options
    Hi everyone

My name is Karen and I am 42. I am married with two children aged 14 and 12. I work part time as a Teaching Assistant in a local junior school and my husband is an engineer.

Its nice to meet so many new people!!
  • NEW TO FORUM. DONT KNOW IF IM POSTING IN THE RIGHT AREA. MY QUESTION IS - I save loose change in a money jar. Banks will not take bags of coins anymore, so only way to cash them in is to use the Coin Changing Machine at my local ASDA store. ASDA charge 7pence in the pound. Since last few times I cashed in my coins I had around £50 I therefore was charged £3.50 for the service. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A WAY TO TURN COINS INTO PAPER WITHOUT THIS CHARGE?
  • apprentice_tycoon
    Options
    Hello Marjorie, welcome to MSE,

I'm afraid that your post isn't quite in the right place - this thread is where the users of MSE Old Style introduce themselves with a few words to the rest of the ever expanding band of Old Stylers, so I think that the Board Guides will move it to a place where you are more likely to get a reply.

While I'm here though I'll give you my suggestion to answer your question. I always take my counted bags of coins to the Post Office, I choose a time when they are likely to be quiet and they don't mind changing them at all, I don't know if £50 worth might raise a few eyebrows though, perhaps if you took a £10 worth each time?

Why don't you have a look around MSE Old Style and come back to this thread and give us your introduction? you'll be very welcome here
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure