Changes to BT 1280

Options

Comments

• neil40
    neil40 Posts: 753 Forumite
    Options
    Just a quick question.I have my calls cps through Sky.How will i know that i cant use 1280?.Will it stop me when i dial or everything seems fine then i get billed from Sky when i thought the call went through BT?.

Thanks........Neil
  • BexTech
    BexTech Posts: 4,772 Forumite
    Options
    neil40 wrote: »
    Just a quick question.I have my calls cps through Sky.How will i know that i cant use 1280?.Will it stop me when i dial or everything seems fine then i get billed from Sky when i thought the call went through BT?.

Thanks........Neil

Everything will appear fine, however instead of being billed by BT, you will be billed by Sky.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
  • jhp
    jhp Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Options
    BexTech wrote: »
    you will be billed by Sky.

At their dearer rates.:eek:
  • BexTech
    BexTech Posts: 4,772 Forumite
    Options
    jhp wrote: »
    At their dearer rates.:eek:

Aye .
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
  • neil40
    Options
    Thanks for that.I use the 1280 for 0845 etc because of Sky's high rates.Might have been all in vain!.I will keep an eye on that...Thanks
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    BT is only cheapest for 0870 calls weekday evenings and is never cheapest for 0845 calls.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=5357468&postcount=59
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • neil40
    Options
    Thanks Heinz.I try to put a few calls through Bt for the free 1571.Maybe i should only put through the cheapest of calls......Neil
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    neil40 wrote: »
    Thanks Heinz.I try to put a few calls through Bt for the free 1571.Maybe i should only put through the cheapest of calls......Neil
    The cheapest are the inclusive ones (weekend 01, 02 and 03 calls).
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
    1882 Posts: 496 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I got a letter from Sky today informing me of the inaccessibility of 1280 through my BT rented line (BT never bothered). I had noticed recently that it seemed I was getting charged by Sky for my 1280 calls (made to keep the free caller display) and thought something was amiss!

I, perhaps hastily made the decision to upgrade to Sky line rental with free caller display. As I don't use my landline except during off-peak times (loads of free O2 minutes) I should benefit.

My Mother on the other hand is stuck, she isn't able to take their rental due to a priority repair regime on her line (to do with her disabled status). She does like the unlimited calls, especially to foreign parts. Now she will just have to pay for caller display as she wont do away with it.
  • Mealyn
    Mealyn Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have just received a letter from sky outlining that all 1280 routed calls to bt will no longer happen and that i will be charged by Sky. This has made me so angry as it is another way for us to be forced to pay mega bucks for o8 and 09 numbers. We ring several countries and use overiders as Martin suggested and we noticed that our sky bills werre increasing. Sky charged us for the length of time we are on overides. Again a lot of building societiess and banks use o845 (supposedly local rate) but sky charge a lot more for this. Where to go now. Trying to getdeals for internet, phone etc is getting much harder when in the small print you find extorionate prices for 08 and 09 numbers plus phoning abroad is also expensive. I did not think it was legel to block users for using there BT line. How do they get away with this? Hopefully Martin will do an update on phones and internet packages.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure