Marriage over don't know where to start

Options

Comments

• Juneno
    Juneno Posts: 81 Forumite
    Options
    Oh Gert, you are anything but stupid! Why would you have been looking for anything wrong in what you believed to be a happy marriage?
    I think you've been incredibly brave in contacting this poor guy and he will appreciate it, I'm sure.
    Do you think your git of an ex knew he was about to be dumped? Think you should tell him if he says anything to you?

Be thankful he's moving out today and start looking forward to the rest of your life now. As other have said on here, re-decorate and get all signs of him having lived there obliterated!

SFH - get the police on to this call thing. Don't let whoever is doing this have this power! Frighten them with a call from the local boys in blue!

Take care both of you. Hope Kizzy is doing ok!
    June x
  • Pinkylouloubell
    Options
    Morning ,

Poor poor gerty,

I really feel for what you must be going through right now,
    do you know "the bike"?
    do they work together then??

XXXXXXX
    [STRIKE]September 2009 - £11000 owed, its gonna be hard going[/STRIKE]!:T

[STRIKE]Halifax - £500[/STRIKE] :T
    [STRIKE]Halifax - £2500[/STRIKE] :T
    Halifax - [STRIKE]£8000[/STRIKE]. £4000 as of March 2014
  • kimlisa66
    Options
    Morning Gert

You may not feel good about it, but you did the only thing you could, in my opinion. Now he has the information, its up to him what he does about it. I wouldn't be suprised if he comes looking for your husband.

This is the same scenario I found myself if, the husband (my Ex's best mate) was devastated, but ultimately, he decided to stay with the b***tch as she managed to convince the poor sod it was partly his fault she went off and had a fling with my huband !!

Its nobody fault except the people doing it, and they must be prepared to face the consequences if they get caught.:rolleyes:

Sounds like you are well rid of the slimeball now, so here's to your new life :beer::beer:

K
    Various CC's 1.2k down £800 Overdraft £1.5 down £2000 loan 1.5k last payment made today Tax Credit overpayment (HMRC mistake!) £19,5k written off !
  • tesuhoha
    tesuhoha Posts: 17,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Gert

You are only feeling bad because of the guy's feelings but if he had married this woman he would have been marrying her under false pretences and she might have given him a hell of a life so you have done him a favour.

As regards to the other two well you've got a bit of sweet revenge on them which is what most betrayed partners can only dream about. So well done, you definitely did the right thing.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• gerturdeanna
    Options
    I know of her and yes they did/do work together -she's now moved departments but still same company - I'm just so annoyed that everyone else knew and they were all laughing - feel like such a fool!! The other bloke has finished with her- doesn't want nothing to do with her anymore and I don't blame him at all - I am sorry that he had to find out and I did send the text in a fit of temper but its done now and we all have to learn to live with the consequences!!
    Made it - 15 years married!! Finally!! xx:beer:
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,755 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Gert
    please don't think that people who knew of the affair were laughing at you - most wouldn't have been.

Anyone who takes delight or finds amusement in someone else's problems (even if that person isn't aware that there IS a problem) is a disgusting human being.

I was in the position once of my best friend having an affair with another person within our circle.
    I actually caught them kissing and she admitted the affair but said they were going to tell her hubby in a few months (as that would give them time to sort things out, where to live etc).
    I said that under no circumstances could I stand by and let this this poor bloke be unaware of what was happening under his nose, and if they didn't tell him immediately then I'd do it.
    So they did.

If anyone has to live with the consequences of their actions, it's your cheating OH and his trollop.

SFH
    I hope you get these phone calls sorted out.

Is Kizzy due home from AT today?
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    - I'm just so annoyed that everyone else knew and they were all laughing - feel like such a fool!! !!

gert ask your self this if you found out about two people having an affair would you find it funny ? most people wouldnt most people would feel sickend by the whole thing ...and if anything would think how dare they do that to their partner so honey i really dont think you have anything to worry about with his workmates
  • Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    Options
    I know of her and yes they did/do work together -she's now moved departments but still same company - I'm just so annoyed that everyone else knew and they were all laughing - feel like such a fool!! The other bloke has finished with her- doesn't want nothing to do with her anymore and I don't blame him at all - I am sorry that he had to find out and I did send the text in a fit of temper but its done now and we all have to learn to live with the consequences!!

((((Big Hug))))

Take deep breaths and slow steps. :)
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • gerturdeanna
    Options
    Thanks guys for all your support - it does really help!
    Made it - 15 years married!! Finally!! xx:beer:
  • cupid_s
    cupid_s Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    Options
    I’ve just skim-read this thread from start to finish (I say just but it took 3 days!).

The best thing a man can do for his children is love their mother, and this isn’t always practical I know but how someone who apparently loves their children that much can put the mother of said children through so much sh*t is beyond me. You’re so strong, I have no idea how I’d cope in your circumstances.

Kizzy, hope you had a great time with the kids at alton towers.

And gert, you’ve definitely done this guy a favour now he knows what his fianc! is like.

Hugs to you all x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport