Marriage over don't know where to start

Options

Comments

• Fidget21
    Fidget21 Posts: 155 Forumite
    Options
    Gert
    Have just caught up with ths thread!!:eek:

Hope you're okay this morning? I just wanted to let you know that I think you've done the right thing letting her OH know. You kind of know how it feels to be in his shoes and I think you might have already said on here that you were glad you found out rather than being in the dark.

From her fella's point of view, as you already know he is going to be very hurt and angry. But I think he will be able to see that it is better for him to find out now than after they got married. He will hopefully be able to move on from this to somebody better, as will you.

On the other hand, you OH and this woman are going to get a bit of a shock to the system aren't they? Your OH will have lost a happy family home and she will lose her fiance and have the embarrassment of her behaviour being made public because I'm sure all the dirty laundry will get aired if the wedding gets cancelled so close to the date! It's nothing less than either of them deserve and also something that their relationship is unlikely to survive.

Anyway, I hope it goes okay when you speak to him...thinking of you. xx
  • gerturdeanna
    Options
    We posted at the same time, Fidget. We've spoken and he is upset, but glad that he found out now.
    Made it - 15 years married!! Finally!! xx:beer:
  • Fidget21
    Options
    And how are you doing Gert?
  • gerturdeanna
    Options
    Numb, alternating with feeling physically sick, with anger and sadness, mostly annoyed though - and stupid
  • Fidget21
    Options
    Oh Love!! Not much I can say really is there? But you know there always people on here willing to listen when you need to talk and with a virtual hug for you.

Take it easy today, don't beat yourself up over it...and try not to drink as that only makes things look worse (and slightly blurry!)
  • scottishfreebiehunter
    Options
    Numb, alternating with feeling physically sick, with anger and sadness, mostly annoyed though - and stupid

gert(())) get those feelings often lately,some days okay some days not,I have been getting malicious calls again on mobile and god forbid I pinpoint where they are coming from.
    Just back into comping past few months to help me get over rubbish in life.... won Hotpoint fridge freezer, soda stream
  • gerturdeanna
    Options
    Have you got in touch with your phone provider, SFH? Or the police even?
  • Skint_Lynne
    Skint_Lynne Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gert,

You have done this guy a massive favour, imagine being married to the town bike, everyone having a wee shot when they feel like it, people pointing at him and not having a clue what they are looking at/on about? He will be going down a different road now, and she will probably just carry on regardless, maybe she will be angry if the guy has a good job and could have been a meal ticket to her? Anyway, she should have kept her knicks on if she wanted to marry the guy, don't feel bad about her and your ex, it really is no more than they deserve!!

SL x
  • gerturdeanna
    Options
    I know I've done the right thing, just wish it hadn't have to happen, but that wasn't my fault!!
    The two cheaters deserve all the !!!! they will get.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Hi Gert

Absolutely natural feelings in the circumstances, but try not to feel stupid.
    People who are cheating on partners can be incredibly devious, there's nothing stupid about you trusting someone you are married to.

I hope your OH does move out today as he said he is, I'd try to keep out of his way until he's gone.
    Good luck with getting some legal advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure