🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Marriage over don't know where to start

Options

Comments

• kizzykizzywizzy
    kizzykizzywizzy Posts: 6,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks Taxi, you know from the £20,00 in a year thread how much I've missed him & how awful it's been for me & how much I wanted him back. I feel better at the moment him not being here, I'm just worried what's being said. Also a police car pulled up earlier & I thought they were going to knock on the door & say he'd done something stupid, I'm so worried about him. I've told the children he's been called into work, they keep asking when Daddy's coming home. I might ring in a minute to see what's happening
    Comping again - wins so far : 2 V festival tix, 2 NFL tix, 6 bottles of wine, personalised hand soap, Aussie miracle conditioner :beer:

Married my best friend 15/4/16 :)
  • Keeping_Motivated
    Options
    Hi Kizzy I've also come across your posts in the past about how much you miss your OH so I am truly sorry you are having to face this...

On your last post you said I might ring in a minute and see what is going on, its up to you but I wouldn't. Tell the children he has to work late and they'll see him tomorrow. He will come back when he is ready as you said he took no uniform and in my opinion I think you should go quiet while he is at his sisters talking and leave them to it. I know its hard but at least you can vent on here?

As for wanting to jump on him, I'm sure that will still happen, many people still do even when they are splitting up.

Take care
    KM x
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    was hoping you'd post today Kizzy, been thinking about you a lot. Its awful waiting for someone to make decisions, without his head sorted to some extent you are waiting around.

It comes down to being practical again I guess. occupy that brain and those hands. He sounds so unhappy, I just wonder if its work, perhaps something happened?

please keep writing back, even tho I have no experience of this sort of thing I have read your posts and I really don't think you deserve this hon. you always sound so lovely.

I am e baying. even though I have crashed the computer. so I will be here all night!!!

love and hugs

Buffyxxxxxxx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • taxi73
    taxi73 Posts: 20,815 Forumite
    Options
    Please try and resist phoning ..I know it's hard.Your SIL or DH will probably be in contact shortly (maybe after the kiddies have gone to bed)..I know you really missed him.We cannot possibly pre guess what he's thinking as we don't know him like you do.Keep strong and I'm sure you'll soon find out what's happening xx
  • Skint_Lynne
    Skint_Lynne Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Kizzy,

Did you resist fom contacting them? I really hope you did. I know it's hard, I used to start dialing the number but would always hang up. The best thing to do is to leave them to their conversation, your SIL just might find out what is the matter with him. Then you can take it from there.

Glad you got the wee ones their dinner and that you don't have to work tomorrow. Try and get them settled and then have a shower and get the jammies on. Get yourself a nice tea, coffee or juice and try and relax, with a book, TV or on here, anything to keep you occupied. If you waken up thru the night, just switch the tv on until you nod off again, that's what I do if I waken up. Everything will come out in the wash, just wait and see.

SL xx
  • Bunnyinthelights
    Bunnyinthelights Posts: 15,278 Forumite
    Options
    Oh hunny.
    I dont have a words of wisdom-been going thru marriage !!!!!!£ as well.

We're here for you x
    Empty pockets never held anyone back, only empty heads and empty hearts can do that -Peale
  • kizzykizzywizzy
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Here goes - I did ring my SIL, he had left & just as I got on the phone to her he came in the front door, all she had chance to say was he's going to speak to you, but she couldn't see any change.
    So he comes in, he's drunk, not badly, but enough!
    He sat in with the kids & plays with them for a bit, didn't even acknowledge me when I said hello - so worse than before.
    SIL rang him & said have you spoken to her yet?? He said I'm going to - we went upstairs & instead of being nice he pointed his finger at me & said I've been a slave to you all my life.
    I said please go & how dare you be so nasty to me & how dare you come home drunk & do this.
    We have told the kids he's working away, for one, he was very emotional as he'd been drinking & another, I told him once he tells them - that is it.
    My mum & dad used to tell me they were getting divorced every week!! & lasted almost 50 years until she died! & it was awful being little being asked who you want to live with.
    Not sure about the holiday, will play it by ear.
    As he left he turned around & hugged me so hard & kissed me on the head & said I'm so sorry. I didn't say anything.
    Rang SIL to tell her he's on his way, she was surprised he was leaving, & that he spoke to me the way he did, she says he was going to just have a talk to me
    Comping again - wins so far : 2 V festival tix, 2 NFL tix, 6 bottles of wine, personalised hand soap, Aussie miracle conditioner :beer:

• Snaggles
    Snaggles Posts: 19,503 Forumite
    Options
    Oh hun, it must be so hard dealing with such mixed signals. I'm not sure what to say really, but it sounds as though you are doing the best you possibly can in the circumstances, by protecting the children from it all as much as you can.
    "I wasn't wrong, I just wasn't right enough."
    :smileyhea
  • Bunnyinthelights
    Bunnyinthelights Posts: 15,278 Forumite
    Options
    Was he driving?
    Empty pockets never held anyone back, only empty heads and empty hearts can do that -Peale
  • kizzykizzywizzy
    First Anniversary
    Options
    No, he walked there & back, stayed to pack & walked back again with his case. With the dramatic line " This is going to be the longest walk of my life"

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family