Great Cheap Airport Parking Hunt merged threads

Options

Comments

• trets77
    trets77 Posts: 2,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    anyone see the Times travel supplement today about the meet and greet car parking companys at Gatwick who then park your car in

1.farmers fields
    2.Tesco & Asda
    3. COUNCIL ESTATES !!!!!!!!

is your cheap deal cheap for a reason ???

make sure your choosen car park company is not a bunch of cowboys with a flashy website and is a memeber of the car park standards group. they should have a P sign on the web site to let you know this
    Better in my pocket than theirs :rotfl:
  • tulse_luper
    Options
    blinky wrote:
    Egg give 15% discount on BCP.

Do you have to use an EGG card to complete a booking with this discount as no code was necessary to get the reduced rates shown via the link??

Thanks

T
  • blinky
    blinky Posts: 1,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The code is included in the link :)

http://www.parkbcp.co.uk/partners/Egg
    Hug provider for depression thread :grouphug:
    "I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell.." - Unwell by Matchbox Twenty
  • mjk_2
    mjk_2 Posts: 219 Forumite
    Options
    Just a warning for anyone who is considering using this company, apparently they were caught by the Mail on Sunday parking a car on the street rather than in any sort of "secure compound".

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=401387&in_page_id=1770&in_a_source=

I'm due to use them next week, so am now checking out other companies - trouble is now everywhere else is much more expensive!!
  • Art_2
    Art_2 Posts: 1,602 Forumite
    Options
    mjk wrote:
    Just a warning for anyone who is considering using this company, apparently they were caught by the Mail on Sunday parking a car on the street rather than in any sort of "secure compound".

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=401387&in_page_id=1770&in_a_source=

I'm due to use them next week, so am now checking out other companies - trouble is now everywhere else is much more expensive!!

Yes, I read the article this morning. I guess it's the old story, if it looks too good to be true it possibly is.

I always leave my car at a local hotel. They give 2 weeks free parking in summer and 4 weeks in winter. They take me to the airport and collect me when I land. I pay £75 for a night's accommodation inclusive of full breakfast and that's even cheaper than the parking charges at the airport.

Regards,
    Art.
  • Frisianscot
    Options
    Used this car park between 23 July and 15 August 2006. When we got back on the 15th the right back tire was flat and upon inspection there was a big nail in the tire, which wasn't there when we left the car. The nail was about 2inches, so it was the type of nail that if it goes in, the tire goes immediately flat so I would have known about it when I dropped the car!
    When I asked the attendant about it, all he could say is: There are no nails in this car park and that they had nothing to do with it. I wanted to speak to his boss for some kind of compensation, however he was not arround and he would pass my details to his boss, who would call me back the next day.
    Anyway I had to phone Green Flag as I did not have the right wheel spanner.
    As I had some time before the Green Flag came out, I linspected the car park and found glass, a nail & juice cans, so how that guy could say "There are no nails in this car park", I can't understand. Further more cars were just parked on lots of rubble and on the grass and in the bushes.
    When the Green Flag man came out and I told him the story he told me he parked his 3 week old private car there a couple of months ago and when he came back there was a dent in the door and once again they denied it, while it wasn't there when he left it. He was still waiting for the money from the car parks insurance and would never use them again.
    The manager of the car park never phoned me for some kind of compensation for the flat tire, so I'm out of pocket having to repair the flat tire.
    I would definitely not use this car park ever again!
  • pompeii
    pompeii Posts: 257 Forumite
    Options
    We have just booked 2 weeks car parking at M/C airport for 19.50p. this is available for other airports but the offer has only 4 more days to run. the link is https://www.holidayextras.com The offer is for air parking booked between Nov 06 and Mar 07. look for the link that says parking from 98p per day. we always use this company Airparks, and have never had any problems with it.

Get it while its going.:
  • NiciD_2
    NiciD_2 Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    martin2 wrote:
    We just stayed at the Acorn Lodge Hotel https://www.acornlodgegatwick.co.uk which is 5 mins from the airport and thoroughly recommended.
    Very clean and comfortable and the staff are v.helpful and friendly, free transfers 24/7 and a cooked breakfast thrown in at £84 for a double room and 8 days parking.
    just wanted to say thanks to Martin2 for this post :) based on the advice I booked the 8 days parking deal and was really impressed - I would definitely recommend the Acorn Lodge. The hotel is really clean and a short walk from the pubs in Horley and the transfer service was excellent. We called them once we had got our bags at Gatwick and they arrived to take us back to our car within 10 mins. The free transfers thing is a bonus as most of the hotels I was looking at charged you extra on top of the room fee and were quite expensive, plus not all of them run 24 hours.
  • niceshoes_2
    Options
    pompeii wrote:
    We have just booked 2 weeks car parking at M/C airport for 19.50p. this is available for other airports but the offer has only 4 more days to run. the link is https://www.holidayextras.com The offer is for air parking booked between Nov 06 and Mar 07. look for the link that says parking from 98p per day. we always use this company Airparks, and have never had any problems with it.

Get it while its going.:

Thanks for pointing this out - got 15 days parking at Gatwick in November for £56.00 with £4.00 odd cashback via Quidco - nice one!
    Nice Shoes & Expensive Designer Handbags, are my downfall!
  • josie
    josie Posts: 3,106 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    blinky wrote:
    The code is included in the link :)

http://www.parkbcp.co.uk/partners/Egg

Hi Blinky,

Thanks ever so much for that - cheapest I could find by far!

AND they don't charge you for using a credit card AND take Amex. It gets harder and harder to build up a credit card for cashback these days and find places that take Amex!

:beer:
    Josie
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family