Great Cheap Airport Parking Hunt merged threads

Options

Comments

• Art_2
    Art_2 Posts: 1,602 Forumite
    Options
    Hi wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction?
    I am travelling with DH, DD (4) and DS (1) at 6am on Oct 18th from Gatwick - so need to be at the aiport fairly early for check in - approx 3am ish. I am flying with XL who advised they do have a twilight checkin which I can do from Zone F the night before between 4pm & 8pm so this should enable us to checkin a little later on the 18th - maybe 4.30 ish. We have an 1.5 hour journey to Gatwick so would think it would be better to stay overnight & at least manage a bit of sleep - my problem is trying to find a hotel that operates a true 24 hour transfer service. without going to the expense of getting a taxi after we have parked the car up at the hotel? Does anyone have any recommendations for us as a family?
    thanks

Lil
    x

You'll find the Ifield Court offer a 24 hour service. Give them a call on: 01293 534807.

They are a nice friendly, family run hotal.

Regards,
    Art.
  • bargain-lil
    Options
    Thanks Art for the pointer to the Ifield - I had rung them & they quoted £110 for the night - I am sure I read on this thread (somewhere!) that you could get rooms for £75 - do you know of any deals or discount codes or am I out of luck cos we need a family room??

thanks
    lil
  • Art_2
    Options
    Thanks Art for the pointer to the Ifield - I had rung them & they quoted £110 for the night - I am sure I read on this thread (somewhere!) that you could get rooms for £75 - do you know of any deals or discount codes or am I out of luck cos we need a family room??

thanks
    lil

£75 is for a single room.
    If you type Ifield Court Hotel into Google it will bring up some hotel brokers where you might get a cheaper rate.

Regards,
    Art.
  • martin2
    martin2 Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction?
    I am travelling with DH, DD (4) and DS (1) at 6am on Oct 18th from Gatwick - so need to be at the aiport fairly early for check in - approx 3am ish. I am flying with XL who advised they do have a twilight checkin which I can do from Zone F the night before between 4pm & 8pm so this should enable us to checkin a little later on the 18th - maybe 4.30 ish. We have an 1.5 hour journey to Gatwick so would think it would be better to stay overnight & at least manage a bit of sleep - my problem is trying to find a hotel that operates a true 24 hour transfer service. without going to the expense of getting a taxi after we have parked the car up at the hotel? Does anyone have any recommendations for us as a family?
    thanks

Lil
    x
    Hi, please see my previous post, I thoroughly recommend the Acorn.

One night stay at Gatwick with parking

We just stayed at the Acorn Lodge Hotel https://www.acornlodgegatwick.co.uk which is 5 mins from the airport and thoroughly recommended.
    Very clean and comfortable and the staff are v.helpful and friendly, free transfers 24/7 and a cooked breakfast thrown in at £84 for a double room and 8 days parking.
  • Art_2
    Options
    martin2 wrote:

We just stayed at the Acorn Lodge Hotel www.acornlodgegatwick.co.uk which is 5 mins from the airport and thoroughly recommended.
    Very clean and comfortable and the staff are v.helpful and friendly, free transfers 24/7 and a cooked breakfast thrown in at £84 for a double room and 8 days parking.

Must look this hotel up when I am next down at Gatwick but they are dearer than the Ifield Court which I recommended. Their family rooms are £104. Also the Ifield offers 14 days free parking and full breakfast in addition to the 24 hour transfer.

Have you stayed at their sister hotel? Wondered what that was like.

Regards,
    Art.
  • bargain-lil
    Options
    Acorn is fully booked on the 17th October! .A real pity because I liked the idea of the 5-10 minute collection pick up time!
    Lil
    x
    martin2 wrote:

We just stayed at the Acorn Lodge Hotel https://www.acornlodgegatwick.co.uk which is 5 mins from the airport and thoroughly recommended.
  • Spikey_2
    Spikey_2 Posts: 14,119 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Guys,

need your help for a mate.

Heathrow airport..... cheapest please...with or without Hotel.

Outward - 05/12/2006 park around 1700hrs
    Return - 10/01/2006 around 18.40hrs.

5 passengers.

TIA

Spikey
    Use your judgement, and above all, be honest with yourself. :)
    I walk with the world & the world walks with me!
    I don't make bad choices!!! Other people just fail to see my GENIUS !!!! :D
  • monkeyspanner
    Options
    Spikey wrote:
    Hi Guys,

need your help for a mate.

Heathrow airport..... cheapest please...with or without Hotel.

Outward - 05/12/2006 park around 1700hrs
    Return - 10/01/2006 around 18.40hrs.

5 passengers.

TIA

Spikey

Cheapest I can find is £100.26 for 37 days with Purple parking which is a 15% discount on purples standard rate of £117.95
    http://www.bcponline.co.uk and use BN221 as a promo code.

Alternatively you could use £28.75 in Tesco clubcard vouchers plus £2.95 credit/debit payment. NB you need to convert the clubcard tokens to purple parking vouchers before you book with purple and you have to ring a dedicated tel no: at purple (see their website http://www.purpleparking.co.uk ). Hope this helps.
  • skintas_2
    skintas_2 Posts: 1,679 Forumite
    Options
    i used my tesco clubcard vouchers to park for 2 weeks at gatwick last year this was with purple parking , i think £21 in tesco vouchers x4 is £84 for 2 weeks parking was really good helped me save more money for my holiday
    i will be debt free, i will
  • spender
    spender Posts: 1,157 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Whilst comparing prices for next years holiday and after reading the Times Online article about parking I came across the site https://www.Boomerang-parking.co.uk

This is the new face of PAS meet and greet experts.

They are offering a discount of 10% with the code BOO050.

I have not used them before and can not really find any comments about them on the web. I did check out their site to find an address but it is a PO Box. However they are mentioned on the Times website and belong to various parking associations.
    No Matter what you do there will be critics.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure