Bankruptcy Credit Reference File Clean Up - Discussion

Options

Comments

• neverletitgetyoudown
    neverletitgetyoudown Posts: 211 Forumite
    edited 2 February 2011 at 4:00PM
    Options
    oh well Letters done only 3 were still show defaulted!!

also sent a question to Equifax to get my Ex disassociated from me (is this pretty straightforward??)

just gotta post them and wait for reply

I love this forum
  • We_Are_The_Mods
    Options
    How soon after being discharged is it worth checking my CRFs?
  • sizzler
    sizzler Posts: 5,094 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

It depends but if you have any credit at mo ie still have mortgage or mobile phone etc. I would say do it as soon as you have time so any payments on your file show you are starting to take care of your finances after your BR.

Best of luck sizz:)
  • neverletitgetyoudown
    Options

i havea contract phone i was discharged last july, as i was off work yesterday with nothing much to do i decided to sit down and get it sorted xxx :money:
  • Ronnie_O
    Ronnie_O Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all. When checking my CRF's 3 months after discharge, some of my creditors have automatically marked their ex-a/c's with me as settled. Great! However they have not updated the default dates. These are all showing at least one year before my BR.

Should I just leave these a/c's since they're marked as settled and hopefully they will fall off my CRF sooner or do the default dates need to be exactly the date of my BR?
  • neverletitgetyoudown
    Options
    Ronnie_O wrote: »
    Hi all. When checking my CRF's 3 months after discharge, some of my creditors have automatically marked their ex-a/c's with me as settled. Great! However they have not updated the default dates. These are all showing at least one year before my BR.

Should I just leave these a/c's since they're marked as settled and hopefully they will fall off my CRF sooner or do the default dates need to be exactly the date of my BR?

hiya

if it was me i would just leave it!!!!

hope it goes ok :money:
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options

Leave them!
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Ronnie_O
    Options
    Thank you sjg1983 and fermi :beer:
    That's 3 down then and another three to go!!
  • neverletitgetyoudown
    neverletitgetyoudown Posts: 211 Forumite
    edited 5 February 2011 at 6:13PM
    Options
    Thank you sjg1983 and fermi :beer:
    That's 3 down then and another three to go!!

to be fair when i got my ED i just forgot about it
  • FacingReality
    Options
    Apologies if this has been answered.

I have finally got round to checking my credit references and sending letters out and one of my creditors (Barclaycard) just don't appear on either Experian or Equifax credit files. Should I be worried or thankful?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback