Bankruptcy Credit Reference File Clean Up - Discussion

Options

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    fermi wrote: »
    A bankruptcy debt van be sold or transferred, No problem there.

They are still obliged to correct the CRA data to show that the debt is settled/satisfied in some way. Partially settled/satisfied is acceptable.

You are asking them to change the debt to marked as satisfied in any letter. Why would they change the default date?

Contact email address in this link:

http://www.dbsg-uk.com/members-list/details/460/arrow-global-guernsey-limited

zlewy@arrowglobal.net
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • fermi
    Options
    don79 wrote: »
    does it matter that the one is only recorded as partially satisfied?

no. That is ok, as long as it isn't listed as still having a current balance outstanding.

another company are still recording a "d" every month? Does this matter as well?

is is marked settled?

hth ................
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

• DON79
    DON79 Posts: 3,842 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Fermi, thanks for the reply, the ones satisfied have no balance which is fine.

The one recording the D every month is not marked as settled - so I assume this would be messing up my credit file by recording a new default every month?

The remaining two are reporting payment status unknown - does this need sorted too?

Thank you! :)
    BSC #215/No.1 Jan 09 Club
  • fermi
    Options
    DON79 wrote: »
    The one recording the D every month is not marked as settled - so I assume this would be messing up my credit file by recording a new default every month?

They are not adding a new default each month. They are simply updating the monthly status codes to say "still defaulted and unpaid".

The default and account will still fall of 6 years after the initial default date.

Should be marked as settled though.

Won't impacting your creditworthiness massively with a recent BR order there, but would be best to get it corrected anyway.
    DON79 wrote: »
    The remaining two are reporting payment status unknown - does this need sorted too?

If it doesn't say it's settled, then same as above.

• DON79
    DON79 Posts: 3,842 Forumite
    Options
    thank you Fermi.... will sort out the letters when I have a mo.... :)
    BSC #215/No.1 Jan 09 Club
  • Sseany1981lfc1
    Options
    Hi all,

Just a quick question, I had a joint loan with an ex partner before going bankrupt that was included in my BR and I'm starting the clean up process. This account is still showing default with a date nearly 2 years after I was declared bankrupt, is it still possible to get the date changed to my BR date or do I have to suffer for longer than the 6 years of BR? and is it possible to get the status changed to satisfied or settled? Your help in this would be greatly appreciated

Kind regards
  • WLITC
    WLITC Posts: 1,029 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Whats the soonest I can start my clean up? 1 month? 6 weeks? 2, 3 months? I know I should have more patience, but I'm keen to start and get it all sorted (feels like sooner its done, the sooner I can truely put it all behind me).
  • AJB101
    AJB101 Posts: 30 Forumite
    edited 12 April 2011 at 12:16AM
    Options
    Best you can do is keep on top of the credit reference reports. After 9 months, I've had to report two banks to the Information Commissioner and the Financial Ombudsman because they've refused to update the records.
    Both were covered by my BR which has been discharged and settlements made.
    Don't wait, don't take their word that changes will be made, check regularly.
    What really gets me now is the £14.99 fee Experian now charge so that I have the 'pleasure' of reminding them that the records they publish are incorrect. So, if anyone has bright ideas about dealing with CR agency obligations, I'd like to hear them, please.
    Remember:
    Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.
    Dale Carnegie
  • richbutnotrich
    Options
    I think the clean up of my file is nearly complete but just wondered if someone could clarify a couple of things for me.

Experian still shows some accounts as Default, though they are now marked as partially settled, the dates amended correctly and the balances showing as satisfied - is this correct?

I have one account (a Northern Rock Loan) which is marked as partially settled on my discharge date, but they haven't changed the default date, which is still showing as about six weeks after my bankruptcy. The balance is marked as satisfied. Is this OK or do I need to get that default date changed?

Egg have changed my default date correctly, and marked the balance as satisfied, but there is no special instruction indicator line or mentioned of partially settled - do I need to write to them again?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Rich
  • fermi
    Options
    Experian still shows some accounts as Default, though they are now marked as partially settled, the dates amended correctly and the balances showing as satisfied - is this correct?

Yes.
    I have one account (a Northern Rock Loan) which is marked as partially settled on my discharge date, but they haven't changed the default date, which is still showing as about six weeks after my bankruptcy. The balance is marked as satisfied. Is this OK or do I need to get that default date changed?

The default date should be your BR date at the earliest.

So that account will be on your credit files as a default for 6 weeks longer than it should be.

Up to you whether you want to go to the hassle of getting them to change it for the sake of that.
    Egg have changed my default date correctly, and marked the balance as satisfied, but there is no special instruction indicator line or mentioned of partially settled - do I need to write to them again?

Nope. That is good. :)

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback