Bankruptcy Credit Reference File Clean Up - Discussion

Options

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Apologies if this has been answered.

I have finally got round to checking my credit references and sending letters out and one of my creditors (Barclaycard) just don't appear on either Experian or Equifax credit files. Should I be worried or thankful?

They may have been sold on to somewhere like Max Recovery. A lot of Barclays accounts are/were.

Also, just because they don't show up for you doesn’t necessarily mean that they aren't there, or won't how up when someone is credit checking you.

Make sure that the previous address info you gave to get the reports is correct and matches those that Barclays would have had for you at the time.

If you had the Barclays accounts when you lived an address that was more than 6 years ago, adding that address might show them up.

I had that with HSBC. It wasn't until I provided an "extra" older address that they suddenly showed up. The CRA had the info all the time, but hadn't linked it into the report generated by my request for some reason.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • alastairq
    alastairq Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    Options
    hi...I've just received my files from the big two E's....and nowhere can I find reference to my barclaycard visa or mastercard......not even a 'balance' link......MBNA don't show up either.....

now.....I supplied my last address as requested.....which went back to 1997 [electoral role]......[yeah...I know...I'm SOOO last century]......in fact, there is a record of an address check by MBNA 3 years ago.....

Would I have to notify the two 'E's' of my previous address...perhaps going back to the mid [19] 80's?

Or....will these two actually only be recorded on CallCredit? {the one I haven't yet received]......if so, do they chose CallCredit because this reference agency is known to be tardy, lax and out of date..ie the 'creditors-as-were' are trying to mess me up in the future?

am I being paranoid?

Would ex-creditors want to make life a !!!!! for me??
    No, I don't think all other drivers are idiots......but some are determined to change my mind.......
  • philnicandamy
    Options
    Any mention of "max" revovery?
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • alastairq
    alastairq Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    Options
    nope.......only DCA's mentioned are Equidebt and Arrow Global...... neither balances recorded bear much resemblance to what I was originally supposed to owe...much less!

On Equifax, none of the old debts actually show anything about 'satisfied'....., interestingly..or not, as the case may be.......all the default dates are from the year before my BR.....

Is there a template letter on here for the initial contact with ex-creditors?
    [to point out they haven't done their duty?] ...I found the long snottogram including the references from the Data Protection Act, etc...but his seems a bit heavy as a 'first contact'.....
    Is the list of addresses still valid?
    No, I don't think all other drivers are idiots......but some are determined to change my mind.......
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 February 2011 at 3:46PM
    Options
    Have just tried to order statutory reports online and the bl**dy systems tell me my (legal and proper) surname isn't valid....... :mad: grrrrrrrr

I'm double barrelled with a space not a hyphen..... :mad: grrrrr

It's frustrating one of the insurance screen scrapers won't accept it, and some businesses don't have enough space on their screens to fit it in !!!!!! :mad:
    Sorry this is an issue that just really p**s me off..

lbm
  • now
    now Posts: 851 Forumite
    Options
    Just had a letter from a DCA, Sky have sold on a debt which was included in my OH BR, they are threatening a door step collection! any ideas how to deal with them
    If you woke up this morning congratulations, you have another chance :j
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    now wrote: »
    Just had a letter from a DCA, Sky have sold on a debt which was included in my OH BR, they are threatening a door step collection! any ideas how to deal with them

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=41339260&highlight=fermi#post41339260

Plus the the credit file cleanup letter if they have defaults dated after the BR marked.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • now
    now Posts: 851 Forumite
    Options
    fermi wrote: »
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=41339260&highlight=fermi#post41339260

Plus the the credit file cleanup letter if they have defaults dated after the BR marked.
    Thank you Fermi
    If you woke up this morning congratulations, you have another chance :j
  • john1002
    john1002 Posts: 984 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just a word of caution if you and your ex had any accounts that were joint abd have been registered as defaulted as joint then you have to wait the six years before the CRA will allow the dis association. Ive had this problem with my ex wife as we had some CCJs together, so even though she has chnaged name and is no longer finacially linked with joint debts we are.

HTH
  • Gazwa
    Gazwa Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys,

hope this is in the right forum and somebody can help...

I was discharged from bankruptcy in Feb 2009, and im just slowly finishing clearing up my credit files... I have written to halifax to ask them to remove some incorrect late payment markers for which they had marked on several months.. ( i know it sounds picky but trying to maximise the length of clean history since bankruptcy) they have now amended it on equifax so far but now a 'D' has appeared in the history of the account.. does this mean they have decided to mark it as defaulted and i now have another default? .. brilliant, can they do this? or would they have needed to let me know before?

any advice greatly appreciated

Cheers

Gaz
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family