over spend and over eat

Options

Comments

• bluejeans
    bluejeans Posts: 552 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya everyone. Puzzeledbubble I liked your format, replying to all in one, section for each post,so I'm going to pinch your idea and do it too.

Chevalier I don't mind at all how much wider we all make this thread. I am new to all of this, so I am willing to talk about anything, it doesn't have to be re triced to any one subject. Over eating and Over spending are my two biggest problems but we will all benefit i am sure from all everyone has to say.
    Look forward to reading anything you would like to discuss or any tips or advice you may.

Ghosthunter Hey no problem, the past is the past, cant do a damn thing to change it, so forget it. Only thing you can improve is the now and the future.
    Today is the first day for me, to look around at food and cheaper options and think about what to buy, instead of just grabbing stuff in the supermarket, without a second thought too cost and value for money. So i will get back to you on the subject of healthy eating and its cost later in the week.

puzzeledbubbles Fab on the dodging, just day by day. I can knit, sew, cross stitch and other things. And I would agree its a boredom thing as well with me. Now this may sound silly but I get so bored I cant be bothered to do anything !!! But I have a few ideas for tonights night shift.

Icka sorry to hear about your friend, sending you a BIG HUG. Glad you feeling a bit better today. xxxxx

Went out with my friend today. Now the usual is, we go shopping and buy stuff we don't need and then we have coffee, then we go and buy more stuff we don't need then we go have lunch, then we go and buy more stuff we don't need.

Well today we went out as normal and we looked around the shops and my friend bought a few things. I bought nothing. My friend asked me if I was OK, i replied yes i am fine why? she replied you have not bought anything and you just don't seem to be you this morning. I replied, I have not seen anything I need. We then went for coffee, friend asked me what i wanted to eat, i replied nothing for me thank you I had breakfast before i came out. Friend said i am a bit peckish could you eat half a buttered t cake. i replied I could but i am really not hungry so I would rather not ( friend is 5' tall 7 hlf stone and a size 10) she replied i don't want to eat on my own and i said well that up to you but i don't want anything. Friend asked again if i was OK I said yes I am fine. this sort of conversation followed on during rest of shopping and lunch ( of which i didn't have any, saying i would wait till i got home) I explain to friend, that I was economizing and trying to get some weight off.
    she was quite put out i think as it made a whole big difference to our day out. But i stuck with it. My over eating and over spending came first. i was so proud of myself. Only hope i can be as strong with myself on night-shift tonight.

Jo x
    1st January 2012 £2500 and 56lbs debts
    22nd Oct 2014 £1500 and 42lbs debts
  • bluejeans
    Options
    Icka I'm a big chicken when it comes to confronting my debts to people who i think know it all, like banks and dca, but thanks to all you fab people on here I am getting a little bit of confidence. Well done you.

Jo x
  • bluejeans
    Options
    Ikca Im sorry i cant help you bank question as i am learning myself from all on here

Jo x
  • bluejeans
    Options
    Well i needed food, but i am at work tonight so did not fancy going to supermarket, so decided on local supermarket. Now I usually avoid this, because local means expensive ( says she who doesn't have a problem with spending £3 on a latte'). Well what a surprise. Quite a few special offers. Plus I looked around for best buys and value for money. Total spent £4.13p. Now there is not a hope in hell chance that I would have come out of Asda having spent less than a fiver. All in all had a good day, bring on the night-shift i say.

Jo x
  • bluejeans
    Options
    p.s. i wont be around tonight as i go to work at 7.30pm, walking as promised. Get home about 8.15 in the morning, ready update you with how my night went.

Hope you all had a good day. And if you were not happy with today. Forget it, we cant do a thing about it, but we can do something about tomorrow.

Jo x
  • GingerRuby
    Options
    Hi all

This is a fab thread! I am a long time lurker, first time poster, and have A LOT of lbs to shift, and having recently reviewed my bank records for my budget, I am ashamed of what I spend on junk:o

I am starting a new job in September, which I will be able to walk to in about 40 mins (rather than my 1 hour commute in the car:sad: ) and I have cancelled my gym membership to save £45 a month, planning to start running (note the use of the word start, still not quite put my foot out of the door in my trainers:D )

I now just need to be brave and add in my weight to my signature :eek:
  • LilMissEmmylou
    LilMissEmmylou Posts: 1,721 Forumite
    Options
    day 7 of healthy eating - weigh day tomorrow for me. I had a tub of skinny cow on friday night, but thats not soooo bad is it? better than normal ice-cream :) and had a birthday BBQ to go to on sunday but managed to only eat 3 veggie sausages in buns and a bit of chocolate birthday cake (was sooo worth it lol). Been very good today, here hoping tomorrow is a great day on the scales!

ginger - how great that u will be able to walk to work soon :) dont be afraid to write ur weight - if its easier, why not just put in the amount you want to lose :) less scary!

bluejeans - tbh i think your friend should have been more supportive, well done you for sticking to it though!!
  • piglet6
    piglet6 Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all

I've had a good-ish day today...

~ Walked home from work and saved the busfare (good :D)
    ~ Walk was just over 5 miles, so very good for the WW bonus points. It takes me 1 hr 40 mins (:eek: !!) but according to www.walkit.com thats a "medium" pace and I burned off 420 calories (very good :D:D)
    ~ Ate 50g chocolate after dinner (not so good... :whistle:)

On the plus side, I probably would have eaten the chocolate even if I had taken the bus home, but I really didn't need as much as I had (I had to ask Mr P to take the bar away from me and put it back in the fridge! :rolleyes:).

Well done to everybody for your achievements today - especially Olive for knocking 10 mins off your walk to work (I can't get the time down on mine! :o) and Jo for resisting the peer pressure from your friend and sticking to your guns! :T

Icka - sorry to hear about your friend... :grouphug:

Piglet
  • Skint_Lynne
    Skint_Lynne Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

I would like to join in please!! My DH is working abroad and will be away for 6 months. I am going to use my 'free' time wisely. By the time he gets back, I would like to have put a big dent in my debt, lose at least 1 stone and have a job. (I've got a shop, but need a job to keep going just now). I used to be really good, I've always been a big eater but it was the right things I was eating, so it wasn't much of a problem. Nowadays, I am craving puddings and sweets.

Today I have eaten: scrambled egg and toast, 2 rich tea biscuits, a bag of crisps, a curly wurly, 2 rounds of toast and pate, a tin of soup with bread, my dinner, ham, potatoes, turnip and green beans, tea and biscuit, and a turkish dairy milk. Not very healthy and if I carry on like this, I will be like the backend of a bus.

I am going to help myself by writing a to do list everyday as well to keep things organised. Tomorrow I have a load of job applications to send off and apply for insurance for DH's car. I will also take lunch to the shop tomorrow instead of buying something in, will have HM soup and salmon sandwich. Will be toast for breakfast, or maybe some porridge, (I luv that and it is healthy too!!). Need to bin the sweet tooth, very odd and not good for the waistline. I've not subscribed to any threads before, it will be good to have some support!!

SL
  • OliveOyl_2
    OliveOyl_2 Posts: 3,506 Forumite
    Options
    Skint Lynne I SO know how you feel.
    My OH has taken a job o'seas for the next 2 years, but we fly back and forth at regular intervals. I'm not seing him until September at the moment, and have set myself a series of goals to achieve by then. (weight loss being one of them :o )

Skype is a money-saving marriage saver. I couldn't survive without that :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport