over spend and over eat

Comments

• Puzzledbubbles
    Puzzledbubbles Posts: 1,853 Forumite
    Well,

Last night i succeeded :)

I didnt have any cheese on toast - i did have a bannana but hey it was saturday night im allowed a bit of sweetness.

The main problem for me is work, we have 4, count them 4 seperate sandwich and pasty vans that come to work between 9:15 and 11:30.

The temptation is awful as each time someone will come back with a pasty/cake/crisps/chocolate and all i do is think mmmmmmmmmmmm and go to the next one.

But - no more, im going to do a snack attack thing like you suggested blue - i cant not take money to work (i have a huge phobia about being stuck with nothing). But i will try and not go out to any sandwich vans - this is going to start tomorrow.

Ive bought my lunches for the week (noodle soups with 150 calories per pack) and ive got my apples to take with me so there is no need for me to buy anything at all!!!!!!

Ive added it to my signiture and everything so its got to be serious!!!

xx
  • bluejeans
    bluejeans Posts: 552 Forumite
    Hiya puzzeledbubbles and woooo hoooo nice one and I'm with you on your snack attacks but please remember little steps at a time. If you usually go to the van everyday and you slip up once or twice in the week, hey no prob, its an improvement if you have been doing it daily. Even just cutting out one day, then two, then three. Any way you can get around it is fab. Until maybe you just have a treat once a week. Remember you have to live this for the rest of your life. Will you never go to the van again ? Just be realistic and do small doable goals at first.

It may sound is if I am saying if you need to snack, then snack. What i am trying to say is little bit at at time. As we achieve are smaller goals. we will feel more in control to make larger goals.

Jo x

I
    1st January 2012 £2500 and 56lbs debts
    22nd Oct 2014 £1500 and 42lbs debts
  • bluejeans
    can anyone tell me how to do my signature as i would like to have one

Thankyou

jo x
  • piglet6
    piglet6 Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi Jo

To get a signature, you need to go to "User CP" at the top of the page (3rd option along on the light green bar) and its one of the options down the left hand side on that page.

Once you get into there, its pretty much like editing a post - you can change font/size/colour and add in smilies :D. The "powers that be" don't like them to be too big though, so I think there is a word/letter limit (not sure what it is though...:confused:).

Hope that helps! ;)

Piglet
  • Puzzledbubbles
    Puzzledbubbles Posts: 1,853 Forumite
    Hey Blue.

I agree - im going to take little steps. ive given up smoking too - on 2 months, 2 weeks and 5 days and ive had 4 slip ups in that time (4 fags in total when i would have smoked over 700 is acceptable as far as im concerned)

so im going to go week by week.

Today i have spent nothing - but i have eaten a choccy bar - a Cadbury's dairy milk and Turkish delight.

But its just one choccy bar and thats it for the day as there is no chocolate in the house - but i might have a vodka diet coke later (im going back to vodka after 12 months of just drinking Cider and black so about 1/10th of the calories so its another one of my tagets - no more Cider)

How has everyone else done today?

I always find weekends the worse for just wanting to eat - is anyone else the same?

(just realised i said work was the worst, think ive got issues lol)
  • bluejeans
    thanks for that piglet6, this post should have a signature ?

Jo x
  • piglet6
    piglet6 Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Nice one, Jo - it works!! :T

Piglet
  • bluejeans
    Puzzeledbubbles, well done on the none smoking. You are really doing well, no smoking, little steps with your eating and getting you finances sorted. WAY TO GO GIRL

I work permernant nights on my own, and its bl**dy murder, as I have very little to do but sit in a recliner chair, watch tv, read, eat and watch dvds. I am in and out of the kitchen all night. its living hell but I love my job.

jo x
  • bluejeans
    Can I ask what area you are all in. Im in County Durham North east of England.

jo x
  • bluejeans
    All times are bad eating and snacking times for me. i have lots and lots of free time. I have an allotment and grow lots of nice stuff. Today I picked potatoes, cabbage, beetroot, cucumber, stawberries and rubarb.

jo x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills