over spend and over eat

Comments

• skysky69
    skysky69 Posts: 436 Forumite
    Count me in :beer: . I have a serious problem with over eating and over spending.

My biggest problem is that I start every day thinking that I will start the diet today and will be good. Then if I eat one bad thing - thats it, I have written the whole day off and thats when I take it to extreme. I would probably go so far as to say I binge eat to absolute extremes. I eat that much junk and cakes and chocolates I feel sick. These days lately far seem to outweight the good days :o . I definitely need a support thread!! :T
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 607 - Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts :T
    One day maybe I will be debt free :o
  • bluejeans
    bluejeans Posts: 552 Forumite
    Hiya Everyone, I am so pleased that everyone is feeling so motivated, i am having a little trouble posting (probably me) but if this posts I'm sorted. I have typed quite a long post 3 times and when I have posted i have lossed it, so here we go ?

jo x
    1st January 2012 £2500 and 56lbs debts
    22nd Oct 2014 £1500 and 42lbs debts
  • bluejeans
    Ok its looking good. Looks like overeating/overspending is a problem for quite a few of us? Well done piglet6 for last night achievment. Can we roll it over to today and add a bit of thought and water to the challenge.

Today how about, when we face with a snack attack, sit down for a minute and just take stock of the situation, try and get around the snack attack another way. Try a drink of water. I know its not the same a a mars bar but try it. If it doesnt work and we cant work around it. Well at least we will have put a bit of thought into it, instead of just mindlessly snacking. If we need to snack, we wil promise ourselves we will try and limit the damage as much as possible. If all that will satify is a Mars Bar, then we shall have it and we wont beat ourselves up about it, but we will try to improve on it, at the next snack attack.

On the finance front. All I am spending today is £10 on petrol and this is going to last until at least Thursday.

I work only a 15min walk from my house and I take to car !!!! how bad is that ? But as from tonorrow night (I work permernant night-shift, more of that later) its save the petrol and burn the calories for me. I also have a boxer dog called Tara who is going to love me even more than she does now.

I can never thankyou all enough for all your input and support

Big Thankyou

Jo x
  • OliveOyl_2
    OliveOyl_2 Posts: 3,506 Forumite
    My walk to work should take 30 mins (takes me 45 :o ) and I've been promising to walk to work more often. Maybe 2-3 times a week, by September I should manage it with ease.:rotfl: But when I get there I *need* a reward, and that has usually been a KitKat from the vending machine. So any money saved/calories burned is wiped out :rotfl:
  • bluejeans
    skysky69 I am so with you. that is me all over. Start the day with all the good intentions and then one mishap and I blow it big time after that. That is where I think I and maybe you? need to have a rethink. We are never going to get through out lives without little treats. So we need to rewire our thoughts and just take it, as what it is, it little treat and then carry on. Easier said than done I know, so shall we just try it and see how we feel about it?

Jo x
  • OliveOyl wrote: »
    My walk to work should take 30 mins (takes me 45 :o ) and I've been promising to walk to work more often. Maybe 2-3 times a week, by September I should manage it with ease.:rotfl: But when I get there I *need* a reward, and that has usually been a KitKat from the vending machine. So any money saved/calories burned is wiped out :rotfl:

Take a reward with you like a pot of fruit salad Fresh pineapple slices, mango or any juicy fruit is just as sweet and rewarding and healthier as well and costs no more than a big slab of chocolate but has far less calories and count towards your 5 a day.

or a yoghurt or something healthy soooo much better and its already bought so less spending! Take water to work (or fill up at work) it's healthier than coffee or fizzy drinks and the trips to the loo will give you some time away from your desk to loosen up any tight muscles or computer screen eyes.
    Keep up the good work

:T
  • bluejeans
    Hiya OliveOyl, could you try and hold off your treat 15 mins, if you still need it, have it. If you managed 15mins try another 15mins. If you eventually have your treat at least you will have chosen to have it and not just gone ahead with your usual, just having it. (does that make sense ?) when all comes to all, you will have walked to work, which is a very positive thing. We need to start small and work up to it. As long as we keeping trying to improve thats is good and positive. Better than not trying at all. Keep the positive thoughts above the negative ones.

Jo x
  • bluejeans
    Hi ya Icka please feel free to add what you want, this is all about us giving help and support to each other. I am very open to any idea's, suggestions and comments. We all have different needs. Please don't feel this is "my" challenge or thread, its belongs to all of us. But you can be sure, I will be with you every step of the way. I fly on on September the 14th which is 8 weeks today. So yeah we will pot up our junk money.

Jo x
  • bluejeans
    Ikca, I will post my daily junk saving if you can do the same

jo x
  • If you can go out and get yourself this months "RC Diet & Fitness" mag, its £2.55 but it does have the starter plan to lose a stone (including some 'free' goodies) and loads of healthy everyday low cost favourite family meals that dont include salad and speaking from experience you wouldnt know the difference as they taste full fat (but are low or 0% fat) to be honest! PM me if you want the website link, or just Google for it!

If you think its a lot of money for a mag think how much you spend munchies and justify it. Please note however no exercise is included as not necessary to read the mag ;)

:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport