PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Pizza Dough Recipes , Tips and Quick Questions

Comments

• Thriftlady can you make thin bases from this mix? Thanks.
  • I don't use bread flour as I think it makes it too doughy. My recipe is:

Just under 1 Tbs Easy blend yeast
    1lb plain flour (I use McDougalls 00 flour)
    1 tsp sea salt
    1 tsp sugar
    1 Tbs olive oil
    half pint of warm water

I put this into my breadmaker on dough setting which takes 45 minutes. However, I'm sure it could be done by hand. It makes 4 thin bases. I always split it into four and if, say, I am only using two, then I pop the other two bits of dough into separate plastic bags and put them into the fridge (or freezer) to be used later.
  • I use the dough recipe from the Jamie Oliver website. So far it's been brilliant and I'm totally rubbish at cooking so it must be ok. I usually cut the recipe to half and this makes 3 thinnish crust pizzas. I use 1 and roll the other 2 into balls and freeze them.
    Even if you stumble, you're still moving forward.
  • sb44
    sb44 Posts: 5,203
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Matilda33 wrote: »

It's very hard work to roll out, not like pastry as it springs back as you roll. Maybe smoeone on here will have some tips on that.

I never roll my pizza dough. I just place it on an oiled pizza stone and press it flat with the palms of my hands, if it starts to work it's way away from the edges I just flatten that bit out so it pushes it towards the edge again.
  • Also can I freeze uncooked pizza dough?

You have some great recipes there, so I'll add this to the freezing pizza dough thread ;)

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • kippers
    kippers Posts: 2,053
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm going away next week self catering and need a bit of pizza advice....if i make a pizza dough in my bread maker and then let it rise and putting my topping on so its ready for cooking....can i freeze it at this stage and take it out the morning we travel so it defrosts during the day and cook it when we get there? Will the pizza dough go flat this way and will the pizza be soggy?

Thanks for any advice

P.s the pizza will be just cheese and tomato
  • nettles77 wrote: »
    Thriftlady can you make thin bases from this mix? Thanks.
    Yes, just roll them out thinly;)
  • kippers wrote: »
    I'm going away next week self catering and need a bit of pizza advice....if i make a pizza dough in my bread maker and then let it rise and putting my topping on so its ready for cooking....can i freeze it at this stage and take it out the morning we travel so it defrosts during the day and cook it when we get there? Will the pizza dough go flat this way and will the pizza be soggy?

Thanks for any advice

P.s the pizza will be just cheese and tomato

Why not just take the dough and the toppings and build it when you get there? The dough will be fine travelling. Personally I wouldn't risk freezing with topping etc in place when it only takes a few seconds to assemble...but others might know better on this one. But the dough itself can freeze and defrost to no ill effects.
  • kippers
    kippers Posts: 2,053
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks i'll try that
  • Ive taken my pizza dough that I made last week out the freezer - its defrosted and looking good. Im going to top it and coom it for tea. Seems to have worked fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure