Whats the best thing you have bought that has actually SAVED you money?

Options

Comments

• stapeley
    stapeley Posts: 2,315 Forumite
    Options
    A diy guide to divorce !
  • hannahsmummy1
    Options
    My allotment- cost me 10 pounds a year & i drafted MIL, DH, DD all to do some work-Ive got potatoes, carrots, onions, pumpkins, sprouts, brocoli, lettuce, tomatoes, strawberries & jalapenos too! just pulled my first lot of tatties this week & looking forward to eating them tomorow! Well worth a tenner, as the plants were presents for our wedding anniversary too i didnt spend a penny getting them!
    Now im debt free i want to be fat free too!
  • mouseymousey99
    mouseymousey99 Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    Options
    its ok nykmedia you can get replacement parts (my long suffering oH is getting a 2nd new knee soon)...
    Hannahsmummy OHHHHH I would love one of those, unfortunately my joints are to pot too!
  • buxtonrabbitgreen
    Options
    The comupter I got for free from someone who was upgrading, which enabled me to find and use this site. This site for saving me hundreds visiting my DS and his GF and my GD abroad. And quidco for ins etc. Grabbit board , not so good. Makes me spend money.
    My bike, off freecycle for getting me fit.
    But I didn't spend money on any of that. So secondhand breadmaker £10.
    Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination:beer:

Oscar Wilde
  • poorly_scammo
    poorly_scammo Posts: 34,024 Forumite
    Options
    Slow cooker question. My cooking is OK but not very advanced in the slow cooking dept other than to use the oven.

QUESTION: Can you buy slow cooking recipe books?

Ta:o
    4.30: conduct pigeon orchestra...
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,718 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Slow cooker question. My cooking is OK but not very advanced in the slow cooking dept other than to use the oven.

QUESTION: Can you buy slow cooking recipe books?

Ta:o

You can & you can borrow them from the library
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,597 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The best buys I ever made were the second house I bought and my third where we made lots of equity :j (to fund our debts!):confused: We still have equity and even this house in the current climate is worth slightly more than when we bought it.
    Other best buys - fruit trees and bushes...:T Enjoying raspberries, cherries and apples this year. Slugs got blackcurrant and red currants though!
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 236 payments to go - now £183,036 Equity 26.8%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.65K
    3) CC £5.4K on 0% spends card but offset by £33.8K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £10.2K/£127.5K AVC target 8% value at 15/5
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • Tesco_points_addict
    Options
    I love my TEFAL 3in1 rice and slow cooker and use it all the time. Virtually anything that can be made can be put in it ... saves buying quick convienance frozen dinners at the end of the day when you have no time or cant be bothered.

ALSO I love SAVING DINNER by LEANNE ELY, you can get it on Amazon and it is filled with recipes for the slow cooker. Also it gives you a weekly shopping plan so you dont even need to think. Some of the words are American but us here are clever people and figure that out.

Excellent, i have a birthday coming up so will ask for the book (saving even more money:rotfl: )
    MFW - We've only gone and blooming done it!
    May 2013:j
  • Tesco_points_addict
    Options
    stapeley wrote: »
    A diy guide to divorce !

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :eek:
  • Tesco_points_addict
    Options
    Idiophreak wrote: »
    I know this isn't really on topic, but I'm *entirely* confused by this....what is a rice cooker? how does it work? is it really easier than just a pan of water?

My best investment is probably my running shoes I bought last month - cost £25, so am already £10 up having given up the gym at £35/month..,

Rice Cooker is fabulous, gives you all the measurments on the side, plugs into the mains, so quick and easy, no watching the pan for water over flowing, so easy to clean and once rice is cooked it will keep it warm for quite some time if needed

TPA x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport