Whats the best thing you have bought that has actually SAVED you money?

1111213141517»

Comments

• arthurdick
    arthurdick Posts: 3,645
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    the best thing that i have ever bought, that saved me money, was a shotgun....i shot the wife, since then, the huge catalogue bills and phone bills have stopped comming in..... and , as an added bonus...my ears are much healthier...........;).......but, as you know, i am only joking, so please dont lynch me.....only joking honest...its me birthday, had a couple of pints.....no harm meant at all.....and, i am truely sorry if i offended anybody......just having a giggle ;)
    Corduroy pillows are making headlines! Back home in London now after 27years wait! Duvet know it's Christmas, not original, it's a cover.
  • Rice maker and sushi knives - we love rice, and my OH makes the best sushi in town. So instead of spending £40+ on sushi takeaways, we make loads for 10 pounds, and super fresh at that.

Orange sticks and nail files - I do my manicures and pedicures myself, it saves loads of ££££ on these. My nail salons charge fortune for them, and sometimes I do them much better then them.
  • Mozette
    Mozette Posts: 2,247 Forumite
    My bus pass - ditching the car has saved me millions. Well, lots anyhow.
  • Bambywamby
    Bambywamby Posts: 1,608
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    My bike has saved me a fortune in petrol & gym fees - a total bargain.
    *Frugal Living 2015* *Not Buying It 2015*
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~ MARK TWAIN

27/50
  • babes21
    babes21 Posts: 1,665 Forumite
    sammy115 wrote: »
    Has to be my laptop. Without it I wouldn't find all the bargains/freebies/tips and advice

Yep, same here :D.
  • ceebeeby
    ceebeeby Posts: 4,357 Forumite
    Kids lunch boxes. Before was spending about £20 a week on school dinners - now spend about £5 and they're eating much healthier food that they actually like.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure