Whats the best thing you have bought that has actually SAVED you money?

Options

Comments

• bunzee
    bunzee Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    I'm going to have to find some new recipes for my breadmaker. I got it a couple of years ago and wasn't keen on what came out, so it's been lurking at the back of the cupboard ever since!
  • Tesco_points_addict
    Options
    A few years back, my DH bought me a mop that you can put the liquid into and he genuinely gave it to me with a very serious "saw this and thought of you" comment! He's never quite lived that one down!! And I've made sure he's used it loads more than me ;) Ah revenge is sweet!!!

Yepsort of thing my hubby would do!!:rotfl:

TPAx
    MFW - We've only gone and blooming done it!
    May 2013:j
  • eco
    eco Posts: 1,147 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i bought a popcorn maker, thought it would be a nice change, a bag of unpopped corn costs about 60p, and it makes loads, i'm addicted to this stuff and if you don't put butter on it very low cal as well
  • Tesco_points_addict
    Options
    Low Cal Low Cost, what more could u wanttttttttttttt
    TPAx
  • tryingtodobetter
    Options
    I second the popcorn maker. My children take some popcorn in a pot in their lunchboxes instead of crisps it has saved me a fortune.
    Credit Card Debt
    2019 - £7520
    2023 - £1975
    Pay Debt by Xmas #29
  • dotstar24
    dotstar24 Posts: 494 Forumite
    Options
    a decent pair of trainers, so i can walk to and from walk...saves me £18 a week!!
  • Tesco_points_addict
    Options
    dotstar24 wrote: »
    a decent pair of trainers, so i can walk to and from walk...saves me £18 a week!!

What a fab idea!

TPAx
  • neverdespairgirl
    neverdespairgirl Posts: 16,501 Forumite
    Options
    In cooking terms, I agree that steamers and slow cookers are fantastic, you get easy, great meals, cheaply. All good!

Low energy lightbulbs are fantastic as well. Our leccie is a bit dodgy, and we used to get an avergae 4 weeks (!) out of a bulb. The low energy ones last more like 10 months.
    ...much enquiry having been made concerning a gentleman, who had quitted a company where Johnson was, and no information being obtained; at last Johnson observed, that 'he did not care to speak ill of any man behind his back, but he believed the gentleman was an attorney'.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,784 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    4 weeks?
    10 Months?

What on earth is the problem??????
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • neverdespairgirl
    neverdespairgirl Posts: 16,501 Forumite
    Options
    the electricity varies too much - lots of little surges and ebbs, and it puts strain on things.
    ...much enquiry having been made concerning a gentleman, who had quitted a company where Johnson was, and no information being obtained; at last Johnson observed, that 'he did not care to speak ill of any man behind his back, but he believed the gentleman was an attorney'.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure