Comping Guide - Getting Started & Other FAQs

Options

Comments

• lorraine1980
    Options
    I used to use my own page but friends were complaining so i set up a comp only fb page. It's much easier!

Thank you! Just wanted to get some opinions, I imagine my friends would get annoyed too :rotfl:
  • Mystic_Charm
    Mystic_Charm Posts: 510 Forumite
    Options
    You're only permitted to have one FB account. Your friends, and family that don't won't to be bombarded with comps have the option to hide those posts. Can't remember how, but I'm sure somebody will be able to help you with that.
  • Connie_Dobbs
    Options
    You're only permitted to have one FB account. Your friends, and family that don't won't to be bombarded with comps have the option to hide those posts. Can't remember how, but I'm sure somebody will be able to help you with that.

Can you link me to that rule please?
  • weeowens
    weeowens Posts: 81,990 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Can you link me to that rule please?
    Hope this helps.

http://www.facebook.com/legal/terms

Registration and Account Security

Facebook users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
    1. You will not provide any false personal information on Facebook, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
    2. You will not create more than one personal account.
    3. If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
  • misswalsh
    misswalsh Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for this guide. i have entered a few and never won, so i gave up, thinking i had no luck! but im back to comping :)
  • VelvetGlove
    VelvetGlove Posts: 12,008 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    welcome back to comping misswalsh :) You are welcome & the very best of luck!
    Sad because you don't know what to do? :sad: Comping question? Take a look in the Comping Guide to find out :smiley:
  • One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi VG,

https://www.watchgeezer.co.uk has requested on their Facebook that the answers to their comps are not posted on forums, so they need to added to the list in post #7 subsection 4.
  • VelvetGlove
    VelvetGlove Posts: 12,008 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    One-Eye wrote: »
    Hi VG,

www.watchgeezer.co.uk has requested on their Facebook that the answers to their comps are not posted on forums, so they need to added to the list in post #7 subsection 4.

Hi One-Eye.

Thanks very much for the info, just checked out their FB page & I can see their request. Bless them for being so polite :) I'll add their site to the list straight away.
    Sad because you don't know what to do? :sad: Comping question? Take a look in the Comping Guide to find out :smiley:
  • imapoorstudent
    Options
    Here's a tip all you Firefox users. This post suggests that you can't link from MSE anymore toThat's Life:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4058659

There's a good add-on called RefControl which can be found here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/refcontrol/

Install it and set the default action to forge. The reason it doesn't allow it is because as part of the request for a page, you send it the referrer address which is the current page you're on. Installing the add-on and setting the forge option will basically change the referrer of every page to the home page of the current site. So for example, when you click a link to a That's Life competition, it will think you came straight from their home page!

Also this will get around a lot of rules the sites put in place. For instance, it's really simple to invalidate all entries which came from a comping site by checking the referrer. I imagine some sites probably do this, especially those who hate these sites...
  • toniq
    toniq Posts: 29,340 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Flaming B!

Hope you are well,

Could you add SugarandVice to the do not post list.
    They asked on a post where a comp of theirs had been posted,it has now been deleted.

Regards

Toni

x
    #JusticeForGrenfell
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business