Comments

• VelvetGlove
    VelvetGlove Posts: 12,008 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    toniq wrote: »
    Hi Flaming B!

Hope you are well,

Could you add SugarandVice to the do not post list.
    They asked on a post where a comp of theirs had been posted,it has now been deleted.

Regards

Toni

x

Cheers T! Trying to track down the web address now & confirm so the right one goes into the Guide. Will update it when they reply to the PM.... or if you happen to know which website it was..?

I did a Google search but don't want to add the wrong one - can't see a comp on the one I found, so not sure if it was that one or another one :o
    Sad because you don't know what to do? :sad: Comping question? Take a look in the Comping Guide to find out :smiley:
  • toniq
    toniq Posts: 29,340 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 August 2012 at 10:33PM
    Options
    It was an fb comp, this site:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sugar-Vice/37992071492

You can see all the compers likes on the post from earlier today.

Thanks as always

xxxxx
    #JusticeForGrenfell
  • VelvetGlove
    Options
    Terrific! Cheers T, I'll add it now then I'm off to bed :D
    Sad because you don't know what to do? :sad: Comping question? Take a look in the Comping Guide to find out :smiley:
  • xsophiefx
    xsophiefx Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Only just came onto this forum and started comping, this thread helped so much! Really appreciate it, thanks!
    Best wins so far: £250 cash, Nokia Lumia 820, £400 New Look vouchers, Door fully fitted worth £1,000, Divan bed with mattress, 42" TV, Shnuggle baby bundle, KitchenAid mixer, £200 ASDA & Tesco voucher and Apple watch :j:T
  • Krayzee
    Krayzee Posts: 98 Forumite
    Options
    Hi VelvetGlove,

Thank you very much for your guide - I've only been comping a few days and finally had some time to read through your guide, a huge help, there's so much to take in. Have already been successfully using Autofill FF add-on and just added RefControl that I read about on this thread tonight (thank you imapoorstudent! though I've to get into the dailies, weeklies, mags, TV part of this) so I wanted to give Snap Links a try too - 270 pages of threads of comps is a lot of work!

The Snap Links link in your guide goes to the old version, which is not compatible with newer versions of FF (FYI I use Waterfox, a streamlined much faster 64-bit version of FF, uses the same profile as FF though - in case others want to try it, Win7 64-bit only though, digressing a tad now) but there is a Snap Links Plus here: addons mozilla org/en-US/firefox/addon/SnapLinksPlus (new user so can't post a link, but two well placed full stops will complete the main mozilla website) which is compatible and is presumably the same program.

Would you consider adding this to your guide please? It may be worth keeping the original Snap Links part in, in case users still use older versions of their browser that it still works with.

Thank you

Chris
    Au-D '12: boxers, Ben & Holly Live family ticket :D, Cinema tickets, Chocolate, Children's book, Chessington WoA family ticket :D, Paulton's Park family ticket :D, iPod Touch 32GB white :T, photo paper pack, Dr Beckmann hamper, £100 Boots voucher

2013: Jan: Animal Cyclone S watch :j Feb: Chocolate
  • weeowens
    weeowens Posts: 81,990 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
  • VelvetGlove
    edited 24 August 2012 at 9:54PM
    Options
    Krayzee wrote: »
    Hi VelvetGlove,

Thank you very much for your guide - I've only been comping a few days and finally had some time to read through your guide, a huge help, there's so much to take in. Have already been successfully using Autofill FF add-on and just added RefControl that I read about on this thread tonight (thank you imapoorstudent! though I've to get into the dailies, weeklies, mags, TV part of this) so I wanted to give Snap Links a try too - 270 pages of threads of comps is a lot of work!

The Snap Links link in your guide goes to the old version, which is not compatible with newer versions of FF (FYI I use Waterfox, a streamlined much faster 64-bit version of FF, uses the same profile as FF though - in case others want to try it, Win7 64-bit only though, digressing a tad now) but there is a Snap Links Plus here: addons mozilla org/en-US/firefox/addon/SnapLinksPlus (new user so can't post a link, but two well placed full stops will complete the main mozilla website) which is compatible and is presumably the same program.

Would you consider adding this to your guide please? It may be worth keeping the original Snap Links part in, in case users still use older versions of their browser that it still works with.

Thank you

Chris

Hi Chris, glad you found the Guide useful :) There is heaps of information in there but you can dip in & out or take the plunge & read through :eek:

Cheers for the heads up on the Snaplinks, I'll have a nosey & then update that area of the Guide. HUGE thanks for helping to keep the Guide a useful & uptodate reference thread :beer:
    weeowens wrote: »

Thanks weeowens for providing the clickable link, I'll research & edit after tea! x

Edited to add:
    OK, the link that was in the Guide was from 2007 & suited Firefox browsers from 1.0 upwards... ah bless! I've deleted that link & just put the new one in since it works with Firefox 4.0 upwards (I'm currently on version 14.0.1) :)
  • chococat
    chococat Posts: 331 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, not been on here for a few years. Was just wondering if anyone can still get the old rss feed, think it was an atom feed (but not fussed) of the competition thread? Used to find it very handy for following the competion feeds, without having to keep getting bumped competition threads. If anyone knows what I'm going on about lemme know lol

P.S. I can get a feed of sorts but it seems to be picking up various forums from mse not just the competition thread :(
  • weeowens
    weeowens Posts: 81,990 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    chococat wrote: »
    Hi, not been on here for a few years. Was just wondering if anyone can still get the old rss feed, think it was an atom feed (but not fussed) of the competition thread? Used to find it very handy for following the competion feeds, without having to keep getting bumped competition threads. If anyone knows what I'm going on about lemme know lol

P.S. I can get a feed of sorts but it seems to be picking up various forums from mse not just the competition thread :(

Hi,I'm not sure re RSS feeds but for a non-bumped view of the board try this NEW TOPIC VIEW

399528859.jpg

399528860.jpg

399528861.jpg

Today's most popular
  • chococat
    chococat Posts: 331 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 August 2012 at 12:50AM
    Options
    thanks weeowen just found it, seems I was a bit lazy http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=72
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure