🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Comping Guide - Getting Started & Other FAQs

Options

Comments

• Slimming-world
    Options
    Hi
    I have already posted this question but I think I must of but it in the wrong place :o
    I am new to comping and I also get a lot of junk mail, can any one tell me that I need to look out for?
    Is the subject Winner?? or something like that

Thank you so much in advance:A
  • weeowens
    weeowens Posts: 81,990 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi
    I have already posted this question but I think I must of but it in the wrong place :o
    I am new to comping and I also get a lot of junk mail, can any one tell me that I need to look out for?
    Is the subject Winner?? or something like that

Thank you so much in advance:A
    It varies quite a bit.I've nearly missed some as my comping email gets flooded with junk etc.
    Maybe set up filters on your inbox.You could use words such as Winner,Congratulations,Prize, etc.
  • Slimming-world
    Options
    weeowens wrote: »
    It varies quite a bit.I've nearly missed some as my comping email gets flooded with junk etc.
    Maybe set up filters on your inbox.You could use words such as Winner,Congratulations,Prize, etc.

Thank you for your reply, but how do I set up a filter? :o
  • bunnies
    bunnies Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, can anyone point me in the direction of a site which gives the answers to Love It and Real People among others? I used to have it saved but my lappy crashed and I cannot find it. It's not Marina's Page
  • princessmoneysaver
    Options
    bunnies, MSE has the answer to those magazines x
    2023 wins - Rice Krispies, Avene Micellar Gel, Barbie Toy, £20 Apple Gift Card, KFC 6 piece bargain bucket, Chloe Nomade perfume, Barbie Toy (second one), Sanctuary Spa Sleep Balm, E45 Moisturising Lotion, Trolls Hamper, 12 Tonie Characters, Sure deodorant, Good Home Utensil holder, £5 Costa Gift Card, Neutrogena Micellar Jelly, Soap & Glory Mascara, Persil capsules,  
  • dominicirons
    Options
    Many thanks for the useful guide - I did have trouble posting our first competition so it was a handy guide to the do's and don'ts!
  • elletee
    elletee Posts: 383 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 26 July 2011 at 11:17AM
    Options
    A huge thanks for posting this inormative and easy to read guide .... off to start comping, and hopefully posting winnings soon :)

One quick question - the 'Enter' button at bottom of the first posts, is that just for our own info to know we've entered (intead, or as well as, using the Thanks button?)

Thanks
    x
  • sidmark
    sidmark Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    I'm a complete Newbie when it comes to Comping I have only been trying in ernest for the last three weeks. My questions is...... How many postal comps per week / month is the usual amount? I have entered maybe 45 in the past few weeks is that normal! is there any secrets that will increase the amount of replies or dare I say it ......Prizes? Thanks
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,862 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    elletee wrote: »
    A huge thanks for posting this inormative and easy to read guide .... off to start comping, and hopefully posting winnings soon :)

One quick question - the 'Enter' button at bottom of the first posts, is that just for our own info to know we've entered (intead, or as well as, using the Thanks button?)

Thanks
    x

hiya,
    yep, the 'enter' button is to help you see straight away which comps you've entered, when you go back onto the main page you'll see a green tick :)
    the thanks button is very useful to click on, it not only thanks the op for posting the comp :A
    but also helps you search for the comp if you win it :) you can go to your user cp & 'find all thanked ' by you & then if you've had a winner it's good way to find it :)
    hthx
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• elletee
    elletee Posts: 383 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Great - thanks Firefly!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income