Low Carb Diet (atkins)

Options

Comments

• Sazbo
    Sazbo Posts: 4,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Soup!! As per previous posts. Preferably chicken. Hope you feel better soon.

LOL snap!:D
    Enjoy your wine Saz, I always do!! :D

thanks hun xx i'm not going to go mad, apart from anything else I don't want to fall asleep on the train home lol:rolleyes::D

Sxx
    4 May 2010 <3
  • Ted_Hutchinson
    Options
    When you say you use butcher's bones, do you mean like the ones you would give to a dog?
    YES I mean proper STOCK When it's cold it sets like hard jelly. It's full of vitamins and minerals and glucosamine/chondroitin etc. Follow the link and you will find a recipe.
    Would also like a creamy soup - does anyone know how you do that? Do I just add cream?
    Yes I just stir it in at the end. You may want to add some full cream milk in place of some of the water as well. I usually throw in some ground linseed meal as well before serving.
    My weight loss following Doktor Dahlqvist' Dietary Program
    Start 23rd Jan 2008 14st 9lbs Current 10st 12lbs
  • SS- I make a quick vegetable soup by putting whatever veggies come to hand into a pot with either a vegetable stock cube or 'Vecon' and water and boil and then simmer for about 20 minutes. Then i put it all into the blender, put it back in the pot and then add a spoon or two of creme fraise. Works every time and is delish! You may have to add salt depending on your taste.:)
    Vegetarian. Have cut out all high carb food. Not following any particular plan.Started 20/1/2009. Weight lost so far 29lbs. Target weight loss 38lb in total.
  • gillette147
    gillette147 Posts: 13,296 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am preparing for a slobbery, staggery Saz later tonight.

She can have a Kebab but without the salad, pitta and chips.

xxx
    Girls are gonna love the way I toss my hair. Boys are gonna hate the way I seem.

I would rather drown with you than watch the surf with someone else
  • shykins
    shykins Posts: 2,759 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    aww saz u let your hair down a little (just dont go mad with the food will only make u feel worse

pot well done on the 1 glass of wine!! very impressive and well done on the loss, u too sweet!!!... believe it or not but i actually went down a couple sizes in shoes after i lost my weight now i never thought u could lose shoe sizes lol

i second the soup idea for both taking out and also when feeling crap... i simmer leek and some other veg then take some out and whizz up and but it back in, my soups are NEVER thin and are a real meal

yeah vik i been feeling crap i been nibbling at some sesame crackers i made and some lowcarb toast is about all i can stomach right now, hope u feel better soon

i am gonna look in m&s tomorrow see what the meal deal is,, maybe something might grab my attention to eat.. last night ihad a sate chicken stick and a cracker, lol not much but more than i have been having
    x
    When you know better you do better

Atkins since 2004 - 8 stone loss maintaining
  • avstar
    avstar Posts: 1,149 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey guys - haven't checked in for a while but been so busy. Last night I had my armpits lazered courtesy of Tesco clubcard points....I'm going to be slim, healthy and hair-free!:rotfl: Really I'm doing it cos I get very sore irritated little pits....would vit D help Ted? .....I'm joking altho I bet it does help sore skin LOL.

Saz drunk and disorderly in possession of kebab meat...you go girl:D

I'm inspired by all the soup receipes so I'm going to attempt to make some - I dug out a blender from the back of a cupboard the other day, that I bought donkeys years ago and never ever used so I'm going to give it a go.

I'm going away this weekend for the first time since starting the diet so I'm a bit concerned too about what I can eat - we're planning a cuople of pub stype meals so hopefully half a chicken on the menus somewhere!
    I'm going to roast some spiced chicken wings again cos they are yummy hot or cold. Bits of cheese, pate in lettuce leaves etc.

Got to cut down on the peanuts :eek: I bought some chilli peanuts from approvedfood (cheapo site which has a lot of fans on MSE) when I did a big order a couple of weeks ago and I'm addicted to them....but they are high in carbs....16g per 100g I think ....naughty slap my legs:o

A poledancing Badger :j As exercise it sounds really fun, I'd love to give it a go.

B - fried egg and cherry toms
    L - salad feta cheese and mayonnaise
    D - corned beef hash type thingy and cauli
  • ames100
    ames100 Posts: 215 Forumite
    Options
    day three and so far so good however im starting to hanker carbs, the bfs eating pizza atm and it smells a lot better than it used too!!

does anyone have a good recipe for something like muffins i had a look at one of the carb forums and tried two recipies (peanut butter cookies- very fake tasting think its the splenda and leave a coating in the roof of your mouth- has anyone had the same problem with splenda and cooking?

i used peanut butter, eggs, bicarb, tartar, splenda and butter- sounds ok to me?!

also tried a flax cake with coconut and had a similar experience - rose well but metalic taste again and again splenda!
    keep calm and carry on :rotfl:

may toiletries IN- 7 UU- 13

• Sazbo
    Sazbo Posts: 4,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    avstar wrote: »
    Saz drunk and disorderly in possession of kebab meat...you go girl:D

:rotfl: I'll check the chilli sauce for carb content, obviously:D

sx
    4 May 2010 <3
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Thanks Ted, Gaye & Shy for your soup ideas - I can't wait to make some now. Killed my blender with frozen fruit a while back so think I need to buy a cheapie hand blender so it's lovely & smooth and creamy. Will probably use leek, a tiny bit of carrot & some leftover white cabbage? Not sure if that would work. Also got some frozen broc/cauli so could put that in as well. Just need to get myself to the butcher now.
    Shy, the M&S deals are pretty good - I got 4!! :o The chicken pesto is delicious so got 2 of them & I've also got seabass fillets to try, never had them before, any ideas what I can have it with anyone? :confused: The only other thing I got that I can have was the salad, had some at lunchtime & it was really nice, has a nice pesto dressing & comes with pinenuts (good for the skin!!). Oh, and I was very naughty & got the cappucino cheesecake but it's safely in the freezer for another day!!:whistle:
  • Ted_Hutchinson
    Options
    Making home made stock from marrow bones is much quicker in a pressure cooker. What I tend to do is to pressure cook it in the evening and then let it sit in the pressure cooker overnight. I want to maximise the calcium/mineral content by having it soaking a good while but if you have it simmering away all day the smell permeates the whole house and it needs monitoring from time to time. (Partly because my new gas cooker simmers too fast) Perhaps I should invest in a large slow cooker?
    My weight loss following Doktor Dahlqvist' Dietary Program
    Start 23rd Jan 2008 14st 9lbs Current 10st 12lbs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family