Low Carb Diet (atkins)

Options

Comments

• newish2this
    Options
    And another;) , but thank shykins for these.
    shykins wrote: »
    instant bread/cake

100g Ground Almonds.. u can use less almond and more flax or 50/50 ..i do 20flax 80almond
    25g melted butter
    2 eggs
    1 tablespoon cream
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder.
    Mix wet ingredients, then add the dry. Pour into whatever container you like- (a lunch box makes it fit exactly into your lunch box afterwards)and nuke for 3 mins
    u can make lots of variations of this by adding different herbs etc or add in sweetener and lemon or other essence or da vincis if u have it or s/free cocoa powder and make it into a cake

elona no didnt see T&S last night , will see i can watch the rerun.. good luck on the trousers.. lol u are right they always zero in on the one thing u got for you that cost a fortune when they can afford to eat the normal stuff lol

birdie.. fantastic news on the loss well done!!!! god your b/f needs a good slap does he not want u to lose weight, thats really unfair of him.. withhold his conjugals til he stops lol

forgot to say yesterday my friend commented on my weightloss as i have lost even more since i saw her last,, its nice to get a comment cos i rarely do now as people are used to me this weight

x
    If you think nobody cares whether you're alive or dead, try missing a couple of mortgage payments.:whistle:

My way is Atkins;)
  • HC_2
    HC_2 Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Options
    Here is the Amazon Filler site, Daisy, if you haven't already ordered.

Tink, I agree with you about IPD although, having just read Rose Elliott, they seem to have lifted an awful lot from her book! Some lovely recipes in Elliott, even though I skipped over anything with tofu and the stuff called something like protein isolate powder.

Yesterday for me was:

B: none
    L: 1 sausage, 2 streaky bacon, 1 cherry tomato
    D: Butter chicken, 3 poppadoms, salad

Not exactly squeaky clean :o (dinner was delivered, not home-made) but not too bad. I just wish the Indian would stop sending free poppadoms - I only ordered two - [strike]and (sweetened, I think) minted yoghurt, which of course I ate[/strike].

Blasted dogs decided that 5.30 was getting-up time, hence why I'm posting before dawn.
  • ravylesley
    ravylesley Posts: 1,105 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all

I've been reading all yesterdays posts and chuckling away.You lot are mad I tell you mad:rotfl:

I've come to the conclusion that I eat miles more than any of you.From reading your meal plans you seem to exist on 1 slice of bacon and 1 teeny weeny cherry tomato for brekkie.Whereas I have 2 slices of bacon,2poached eggs and two sausages for my lunch :oBut I'm still losing weight (another 1/2lb today) so can't be doing anything horribly wrong

Does anyone know whether you can freeze pate?I have at least four tubs in the fridge and I'm not gonna get through it so might as well freeze it until I'm slim and can eat what I like Hahhahahahaha as if thats gonna happen any time soon:rotfl:

Sazzy I'm loving the sound of saz and gilly towers but I am noticing a lack of input from Gilly these days.Is he so lovestruck he cant post any more or has he forsworn the ways of the low carb?

Lesleyxx
  • shykins
    shykins Posts: 2,759 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ravy.. i hate breakfast hence i dont eat much then and yes u can freeze pate i do it all the time

HC as far as i know u where it says protein isolate u can use that protein powder stuff that bodybuilders use as long as its sugar free

newish thanks for copying those for kayla

kayla.. welcome, yes the thread is getting a bit long to find stuff but u can just search the thread for something instead of the whole site so that might help if u want something else

saz i hope gilly warmd u up when u got home <wink>

well i am actually hungry this morning which is weird cos as i say i hate brekkie, cant wait til ketosis kicks in...... off to gym again today eek 3 days in a row this halo is gonna slip soon there is no doubt
    x
    When you know better you do better

Atkins since 2004 - 8 stone loss maintaining
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ravylesley wrote: »

I've come to the conclusion that I eat miles more than any of you.From reading your meal plans you seem to exist on 1 slice of bacon and 1 teeny weeny cherry tomato for brekkie.Whereas I have 2 slices of bacon,2poached eggs and two sausages for my lunch....

Oh you are sooooo not alone. :D I have 4 :o slices of bacon and 2 fried eggs. :rotfl:

I've only just started this since Monday and since my food intake has previously been *ahem* sizeable, I thought I'd reduce amounts slowly. So next week I'll be on 2 slices of bacon and either 1 egg or poached instead of fried.

I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 5lbs already! Obviously that isn't fat though, it's fluid but at least I know something is happening. :D I feel quite confident at the moment, I hope it lasts as success or failure is ALL to do with my head more than my greed iyswim.

I went to buy some tuna yesterday and was shocked to see the price of it at the mo'. It's not gonna be a cheap diet, that's for sure.

Big thanks to those who post recipes, I'm not known for my inventive ideas when it comes to food I'm afraid, so I appreciate your tips.
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • Sazbo
    Sazbo Posts: 4,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    kayla99 wrote: »
    :huh: Somewhere ! ! ! ! lol . . . . I've spent the last hour lookin for the 'oopsie' recipe . . . . . Hopefully weightloss through starvation will kick in b4 I find any recipes:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hi Kay

Sorry, I was home rather late last night and was too tired and cold to want to turn my pc on lol:o but here is the flax bread recipe I use:

'Instant' flax bread recipe

Put one tablespoon of oil (or melted butter) into a plastic microwaveable container. I use a square tupperware one that's about 5 inches by 5 inches and quite tall ( - coz mixture does rise a little bit). But I guess you could a round one or a mug.

Swirl around the oil to slightly coat the sides of container, so bread doesn't stick. Crack into same container two eggs, beatly lightly.

In a seperate bowl, put 4 (I use 5) tablespoons of ground flax meal and stir in half a teaspoon of baking powder.

Pour flax meal and baking powder into the container with the oil and eggs and mix briefly until combined.

Put in microwave and nuke for abt 2 and a half mins (I do for just over 2 mins). Don't cover the container while cooking.

Remove from microwave, ease gently out of container and let cool for a min or two.

I get about 4 slices out of it.

EDIT:

Because we are now getting through a fair amount of this flax bread, I've started making larger quantities at a time. So now I use a spoon of oil, two eggs, but a teaspoon of baking powder and 8 tablespoons of flax meal plus a dash of water to thin the mixture slightly. Cooking time in my microwave is closer to 3 mins for the larger quantity, but obviously microwave ovens vary so you need to experiment with timings. When the top is set, it should be ready.

You may want to try the smaller quantity first to see how you get on and whether you like it!

Also, I have made this recipe using the (more expensive) golden flax and the 'bread' comes out a golden colour, rather than brown, but tastes much the same.

HTH.

The 'Search this thread' tool will usually uncover most of our previous inane witterings lol:o but any questions about this or anything else, please just ask... xx

Sazzy xx
    4 May 2010 <3
  • newish2this
    Options
    Hi saz, how many carbs does that work out? :)
    If you think nobody cares whether you're alive or dead, try missing a couple of mortgage payments.:whistle:

My way is Atkins;)
  • Sazbo
    Options
    Good morning lovelies :hello:

LOL shykins and lesley! All I can say is - you are both very cheeky young ladies;):D
    When I got home last night Gilly put me in the microwave on defrost setting for 10 mins :rotfl:

Lesley hun of course we are all mad - has it taken you THIS long to notice? :confused::D And no, you don't eat more than me - I eat for England, it's official! Come to think of it, maybe that's where I'm going wrong, lol. Hmmm... not sure whether you can freeze pate hun - I guess it doesn't say on the tub? Re Gilly: he'll be back posting just as soon as he's buried the remaining mince pies under the back patio - it's the only way to stop me eatin' em! :rotfl:

aliasojo - well done on the loss :T At the end of the day 5lbs is 5lbs so well done:)

B - usual sausage and flax bread
    L - ham, cold chicken and salad
    D - Asda curry (note to self: must look out for their crustless quiche)

Hope everyone's ok - have a good day :wave:

Much love,
    Sazzy xxxxxxxxxx
    4 May 2010 <3
  • Sazbo
    Options
    Hi saz, how many carbs does that work out? :)

oops yes, thanks for reminding me hun, I should have mentioned that xx The original recipe (which I should have credited) here says 3 grams of carbs for the whole of the smaller quantity recipe (ie using 4 tablespoons of flax) - so for each of the four slices I get from it, that would be less than one gram per slice. And according to shykins and that original post, it is totally legal for Atkins induction:D

Sx
    4 May 2010 <3
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello!

I'd like to join your merry band, if I may :j

I've been lurking long time and read this thread with interest. It's better than the Archers :D

I have decided to use Dr Ds plan and only joined MSE for this really. Ted's threads on Vitamin D have been an inspiration and I like oopsies. I need to lose a stone to get back to my comfortable weight of 10st, turning 40 seems to have affected my body unexpectedly and suddenly (:rolleyes:) I'm fatter than I've ever been :o

Mercy me
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure